Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Consumer Hardware & Components > Loud MacBook dvd drive

Loud MacBook dvd drive
JMan09
Dedicated MacNNer
Feb 18, 2007, 05:01 AM

I just got my first MacBook Friday. So far everyone is working out fine except the dvd drive. I have the C2D 2.0 with the superdrive. When I put a cd into the drive, the drive makes loud clunking/clicking noises. But once it is in it runs like normal. I've only had one disc get stuck in and it just made the noises trying to spit it out, and that disc was the wow dvd. I ended up having to put a piece of folded paper in there to help it out.
Well I was wondering if these sounds are normal or should I take it in somewhere? And also this is a refurbished macbook.
32GB iPad 2 | 32GB iPhone 4 | 11' MacBook Air 1.6 i5, 4GB, 128GB SSD

forumhound
Dedicated MacNNer
May 13, 2008, 08:08 PM

mines brand new, same here. what to do? i have no idea if this is normal or not nor why this post is unanswered!!! but it sounds like something is hitting the inside supports of the mb, it makes a lound kathunk and u can feel it from the wristrest...

Dead MBP 2.2 4gig / New Aluminum iMacs / "Old" iPhones / 1st Gen Ipod Shuffle

Forum Links
Forum Rules