Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > how can you add 500 to unlimited?

how can you add 500 to unlimited?
Truepop
Mac Elite
Mar 16, 2003, 04:01 AM

My SWBell (now cingular) contract is up and I am thinking about an AT&T plan and came across this deal for $29.99

peak: 250 minutes
Off peak: unlimited
t68is for $49
$36 to start

And then there was an option to add 500 minutes to your off peak minutes for 10 a month.

which brings me to my question... do you not really get unlimited minutes? has any maxed them out?

Also can the t68is sync with isync?

Tried a search and found the t68is problem was asked before but un answered.

Thanks

madsenj37
Mar 16, 2003, 04:48 AM

it is possible that unlimited is just a term that means more than any one could use under possible circumstances ... so it may actually be limited. Find out how they define unlimited.
- Joel

madsenj37
Mar 16, 2003, 04:49 AM

Originally posted by madsenj37:
it is possible that unlimited is just a term that means more than any one could use under possible circumstances ... so it may actually be limited. Find out how they define unlimited.
I meant to say possibly could use under normal circumstances
- Joel

Truepop  (op)
Mac Elite
Mar 16, 2003, 09:15 AM

Well AT&T sucks as far as support goes. (so far)

I called a little store and asked them a lot of "hard" questions such as these and they had no idea how to answer them so they gave me a 1 800 number that is not normally given to the 3rd party GSM company for questions on a sony phone and AT&T plan. When I called they were like ... well don't you need to called AT&T or Sony for these questions? and I don't them AT&T sent me here. so they sent me back to AT&T but not to Customer Service or the Branch in my area (not a dealer the reall branch) they sent me to a dealer in LA who I had to wait 20 minutes just to speak to someone and they said ... you need to talk to Customer Service about this. I got sent there and they didn't answer my question just a lot about ... Oh GSM is great f***in BS BS BS. Trying to sell me something I was going to buy only if I can get a few questions answered but started to talk in circles.

Sorry for the (small) rant (not too big on typing a lot because I don't like to read it afterwards so I guess no one else does either) but AT&T is the reason I was with Cingular in the first place and I know from past experiance I won't have any if maybe a little need for tech support because I don't think they would help me at all. But it is about the best deal in my area so..

How badly do I want to have a sweet phone that will control iTunes (maybe) and have an unknown limited unlimited plan for nights and weekends?

Has anyone else needed support for a phone?

engage1000
Dedicated MacNNer
Mar 16, 2003, 09:30 AM

Just to build on the idea that unlimited is limited, that's entirely correct. For example, I have a subscription to Bell Sympatico Dial-Up which is deemed as unlimited. I read the fine print and apparently their idea of unlimited is about 720 hours. 30 Days x 24 Hours. I guess they figure that you can't exceed 720 hours in one month.. but it is entirely possible.

Two connections make the lock tick faster
I learned the hard way that you can't use vB smilies in your sig. see --> :cry:

Forum Links
Forum Rules