Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > GUI Customization > System Font Substitution, Fav Fonts

System Font Substitution, Fav Fonts
Aluminum
Forum Regular
Oct 27, 2004, 04:09 PM

I personally use Handelmod, the long time favorite of many of us, however what other fonts are you guys using that appear properly spaced in OS X? Eurostile is a fav I know, what else? Looking for some fresh new fonts that might work well with OS X. Any thoughts and suggestions welcome.
15.2" Al/1.25ghz/1gig/Superdrive/80(5400)

VxWolfxV
Oct 27, 2004, 04:41 PM

I use Star Trek Film BT...

It looks great for the most part. There is the occasional box here and there...

Aluminum  (op)
Forum Regular
Oct 27, 2004, 04:46 PM

impressive

Aluminum  (op)
Forum Regular
Oct 27, 2004, 04:49 PM

is size 11 the default font when substituting with silk, seems that altering the size really does nothing. As well, when applying global setting you guys use font subsitution, and then when applying to individual apps you use custom theme font box checked without checking fast correct? That is how I have been doing it and it seems to be working well, I could be completely off though.

MacMan4000
Mac Elite
Oct 27, 2004, 05:26 PM

Im using "Myriad Apple Medium". Its a lot like the standard "Lucida grande" but a little bit smaller, and slightly different. Just different enough to be a refreshing change but still be usable and not obstructive.

I have no idea where to find it. If i remember correctly "Myriad" is a adobe font that costs money, but someone made a custom version (mostly exactly the same) and called it "Myriad Apple" because it is the font used in all the apple adds. I'm pretty sure I got it from a link in a thread much like this one. I think it came from someone's idisk.

CJM
Forum Regular
Oct 27, 2004, 06:16 PM

im using bankgothic lt but it is too extended and doesn't fit in a number of places.

Forum Links
Forum Rules