Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Political/War Lounge > Al Gore - Convenient Liar - The Master of Hypocrisy

Al Gore - Convenient Liar - The Master of Hypocrisy (Page 31)
Buckaroo  (op)
Professional Poster
Apr 5, 2008, 09:59 PM

Wow, this makes 1500.

ShortcutToMoncton
Addicted to MacNN
Apr 6, 2008, 12:02 AM

Originally Posted by Buckaroo View Post
World Bank accused of climate change "hijack"
Lloyd's warns of a lack of natural disasters
You realize these articles seemingly indicate that climate change is real right? The fact that there are problems with insurance premiums and funds allocation doesn't mean it isn't happening.

greg
Mankind's only chance is to harness the power of stupid.

Buckaroo  (op)
Professional Poster
Apr 8, 2008, 02:43 AM

Expert: "We're brainwashing our children" about global warming

William Gray, the well-known Colorado State University hurricane forecaster, routinely uses the annual National Hurricane Conference as a platform to bash global warming. In a statement to Florida Today, Gray argued that the scientific consensus on global warming is bogus — and "a mild form of McCarthyism has developed toward those scientists who do not agree" that mankind is in danger.

"We are also brainwashing our children on the warming topic. We have no better example than Al Gore's alarmists and inaccurate movie which is being shown in our schools and being hawked by warming activists with little or no meteorological-climate background," Gray wrote.
Expert: "We're brainwashing our children" about global warming - The Weather Guys - USATODAY.com

2008: The year the world will cool down

he world will experience global cooling this year, according a leading climate scientist.
The head of the World Meteorological Organisation said La Nina - the weather phenomenon which is cooling the Pacific - is likely to trigger a small drop in average global temperatures compared with last year.

The prediction - which follows a bitterly cold winter in China and the Arctic - is prompting some sceptics to question the theory of climate change.
2008: The year the world will cool down | the Daily Mail

When the great unwashed, bearded, tree hugging, veggie, cycling, generally scruffy sandalists realised they were talking rubbish, they started to rename the problem "climate change." Which means that our weather changes from time to time, as any 10 year old could have told them.

- Mike, Dunstable England

So will Mr Brown refund our VED tax and all the other stealth green taxes? Awaiting your response Mr Brown...

- Michael Preston, London

I don't think the scientists 100% agreed that global warming was upon us anyway, and this news proves the uncertainty.
However I am sure the politicians will carry on implementing green taxes to save the world.

- Ken Burton, Nottingham, UK

Maybe Rudolf Steiner was right: I believe he once said to the effect that the Earth was like a massive organism, the people and other creatures on it like lice on the back of such as an ox; when the organism is annoyed, it shrugs and most of the creatures die off for a while...

- Ian Millard, Exeter UK

This winter has been much colder than last, but that won't stop the Brown one, denying it, and taxing us a bit more - just for daring to question him!
Time he stopped lying to us, and abolish all 'green' taxes.

- Kim, Hampshire UK

Could global warming be part of the same wagon train that carried the message that Labours mass immigration programme is good for us!

- Dab, Cambs England

These minorities opinions will be brushed under the carpet by both scientists and government, after-all, if they were proven to be right, one group would lose its funding for research whilst the other would have to look for another excuse to continue raising 'green-taxes'.

- Leslie Corrin, Southport, England.

Won't it be great if this is true? The politicians would have to abandon their get rich quick tax plans that they pretend are there to save the world.

- Mr. J. Smith, Birmingham, England

Global Cooling, Global Warming, global con that's being used by governments to tax us and beat us with a stick. I for one am sick and tired of all this waffle.

- Chris, S.W. England

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Apr 8, 2008, 03:07 AM

This thread is still alive?!?

Buckaroo, I hope you find something that sticks to the wall satisfactorily.

ShortcutToMoncton
Addicted to MacNN
Apr 8, 2008, 08:20 AM

It looks like. . . he's taken to posting reader comments from articles now. A new low

greg

Buckaroo  (op)
Professional Poster
Apr 8, 2008, 10:56 AM

Just sharing some of the truth to save the GW cult followers from the constant lies from the tax hungry scammers..

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Apr 8, 2008, 11:09 AM

Buckaroo: demonstrate you know what you are talking about and maybe your tactics will have more desired effect?

peeb
Addicted to MacNN
Apr 8, 2008, 12:23 PM

No, no, post random reader responses to snake oil articles from smoking cancer deniers!

Uncle Skeleton
Addicted to MacNN
Apr 8, 2008, 12:33 PM

Tomorrow he's going to quote his own posts from earlier in this thread as evidence. Then you'll really be convinced.

Uncle Skeleton
Addicted to MacNN
Apr 14, 2008, 02:02 PM

Al Gore is a worse hypocrite than we thought!

Al Gore's Hummer Club

Buckaroo  (op)
Professional Poster
Apr 14, 2008, 03:55 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Skeleton View Post
Al Gore is a worse hypocrite than we thought!

Al Gore's Hummer Club
hehehehehe

That's funny. You know it's almost true. What am I saying, it is true. It might not be his web site, but it's exactly the way he lives.

Buckaroo  (op)
Professional Poster
Apr 14, 2008, 03:59 PM

For the truly very rich, gas prices mean nothing. $4, $10 heck even $20/gallon means nothing to them. Now if you really want to change their mind, talk rationing. When no one is allowed to consume XXX gallons/year that'll change their attitude.

Buckaroo  (op)
Professional Poster
Apr 15, 2008, 07:40 PM

This is an issue I didn't even consider. It looks like Al Gore is killing the poor.

Global warming rage lets global hunger grow

We drive, they starve. The mass diversion of the North American grain harvest into ethanol plants for fuel is reaching its political and moral limits.

A demonstrator eats grass in front of a U.N. peacekeeping soldier during a protest against the high cost of living in Port-au-Prince

"The reality is that people are dying already," said Jacques Diouf, of the UN's Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO). "Naturally people won't be sitting dying of starvation, they will react," he said.

The UN says it takes 232kg of corn to fill a 50-litre car tank with ethanol. That is enough to feed a child for a year. Last week, the UN predicted "massacres" unless the biofuel policy is halted.
Global warming rage lets global hunger grow - Telegraph

Fuel Choices, Food Crises and Finger-Pointing

The idea of turning farms into fuel plants seemed, for a time, like one of the answers to high global oil prices and supply worries. That strategy seemed to reach a high point last year when Congress mandated a fivefold increase in the use of biofuels.

But now a reaction is building against policies in the United States and Europe to promote ethanol and similar fuels, with political leaders from poor countries contending that these fuels are driving up food prices and starving poor people. Biofuels are fast becoming a new flash point in global diplomacy, putting pressure on Western politicians to reconsider their policies, even as they argue that biofuels are only one factor in the seemingly inexorable rise in food prices.
Fuel Choices, Food Crises and Finger-Pointing - New York Times

sek929
Posting Junkie
Apr 15, 2008, 07:52 PM

I'll agree that using our food for fuel is a retarded pork-barrel project. The amount of fuel we put into extracting bio-fuel makes it worthless.

ShortcutToMoncton
Addicted to MacNN
Apr 17, 2008, 10:50 AM

Exactly. And the culprit? Dumbass farmer lobbies.

greg

Buckaroo  (op)
Professional Poster
Apr 17, 2008, 04:14 PM

Originally Posted by ShortcutToMoncton View Post
Exactly. And the culprit? Dumbass farmer lobbies.

greg
uhmmmm. WHAT??!!

Let's try dumbass Liar (fly my jet all over the world) AL GORE!!!!!

sek929
Posting Junkie
Apr 17, 2008, 04:21 PM

No, you're just brainwashed by whoever you get your blog news from.

The farm lobbies are the ones raking in the dough. Do you think all the Ethanol money sees it's way into areas that don't grow corn by the square mile?

You bias is OUTRAGEOUS Buckaroo, I bet if your cable goes out you blame Al Gore.

Buckaroo  (op)
Professional Poster
Apr 18, 2008, 03:39 PM

Al Gore lanches a new $300 million dollar missinformation advertising campaign.

Gore launches $300 million campaign - Mike Allen - Politico.com

Buckaroo  (op)
Professional Poster
Apr 20, 2008, 10:30 PM

Gore says laws must change

Unless they apply to him. Al Gore is the biggest liar and hypocrite alive. His actions are 100% opposite from his words.

Global warming | An Inconvenient Truth | Al Gore talks green to The Sun | The Sun |HomePage|News|Special Events|Green Week

Gore isn't quite as green as he's led the world to believe

Gore isn't quite as green as he's led the world to believe - USATODAY.com

But according to public records, there is no evidence that Gore has signed up to use green energy in either of his large residences. When contacted Wednesday, Gore's office confirmed as much but said the Gores were looking into making the switch at both homes. Talk about inconvenient truths.

Gore is not alone. Democratic National Committee Chairman Howard Dean has said, "Global warming is happening, and it threatens our very existence." The DNC website applauds the fact that Gore has "tried to move people to act." Yet, astoundingly, Gore's persuasive powers have failed to convince his own party: The DNC has not signed up to pay an additional two pennies a kilowatt hour to go green. For that matter, neither has the Republican National Committee.

ShortcutToMoncton
Addicted to MacNN
Apr 21, 2008, 04:31 PM

You just posted an article on Gore from 2006. That was already posted in this thread. That was pretty much the basis for this thread in the first place.

Reported. Your article-quoting nonsense is annoyingly tiring.

greg

olePigeon
Clinically Insane
Apr 21, 2008, 05:07 PM

Check it out, I can reference posts I've already done, too.
"…I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than
you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods,
you will understand why I dismiss yours." - Stephen F. Roberts

Buckaroo  (op)
Professional Poster
Apr 21, 2008, 06:57 PM

Originally Posted by olePigeon View Post
Check it out, I can reference posts I've already done, too.
And you just keep coming back for more.

sek929
Posting Junkie
Apr 22, 2008, 12:01 PM

People are often attracted to train-wrecks.

Uncle Skeleton
Addicted to MacNN
Apr 22, 2008, 12:08 PM

Originally Posted by sek929 View Post
People are often attracted to train-wrecks.
But rubber-neckers don't usually dive in to join the wreck...

Chongo
Addicted to MacNN
Apr 25, 2008, 04:48 PM

Hmmm,
Greenpeace founder now backs nuclear power | News Updates | Idaho Statesman
Patrick Moore tells the Boise chamber that the world must wean itself from fossil fuels to reduce greenhouse gases.

BY ROCKY BARKER - [email protected]
Edition Date: 04/24/08

Greenpeace founder Patrick Moore says there is no proof global warming is caused by humans, but it is likely enough that the world should turn to nuclear power - a concept tied closely to the underground nuclear testing his former environmental group formed to oppose.
45/47

OldManMac
Addicted to MacNN
Apr 25, 2008, 10:18 PM

Hello? Is the irony of your statement lost on you?
Why is there always money for war, but none for education?

ebuddy
Posting Junkie
Apr 25, 2008, 11:24 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Skeleton View Post
But rubber-neckers don't usually dive in to join the wreck...
ebuddy

peeb
Addicted to MacNN
Apr 26, 2008, 12:41 AM

Wow. Someone who hung out with Greenpeace members in the 70s, and now makes their money making paid speeches for the carbon fuels industry sows FUD on climate science. No news.

Buckaroo  (op)
Professional Poster
May 2, 2008, 03:15 PM

olePigeon
Clinically Insane
May 2, 2008, 04:21 PM

You should probably read the article before mindlessly posting it.
"…I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than
you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods,
you will understand why I dismiss yours." - Stephen F. Roberts

tie
Professional Poster
May 2, 2008, 05:19 PM

The 4 o'clock train will be a bus.
It will depart at 20 minutes to 5.

ShortcutToMoncton
Addicted to MacNN
May 3, 2008, 09:07 AM

Alright, Buck's posting articles that acknowledge global warming and tie's going on about the crash of the housing market…this thread is on acid

ebuddy
Posting Junkie
May 3, 2008, 09:16 AM

Alright, Buck's posting articles that acknowledge global warming and tie's going on about the crash of the housing market…this thread is on acid
I think this is tie's way of indicating to Buckaroo that his post really doesn't mean anything. In that, I'm afraid (and you'll likely never see this again) I agree with tie. Worse, the links are posted, but nothing is said as a follow up to the arguments lodged against them. It just doesn't make sense. In that, I'm afraid I agree with you. This thread is officially peaking.
ebuddy

Uncle Skeleton
Addicted to MacNN
May 3, 2008, 12:18 PM

Originally Posted by tie View Post

smacintush
Addicted to MacNN
May 10, 2008, 03:58 AM

Cold Water Thrown on Antarctic Warming Predictions.

I know, I know. That fact that their predictions were off by more than twice the amount of the actual observed temperature change doesn't really mean anything right?

These are my questions:

In my mind this raises questions on exactly what the Antarctic ice core data really means in relation to the rest of the earth. I mean, if we couldn't predict the effect of PREVIOUSLY KNOW WIND PATTERNS on the warming of the continent, how exactly are we know the effects of unknowable wind patterns on the continent? Wouldn't these wind patters have a biasing effect on the ice core data?

Of course there's the obvious question that has been asked on one form or another a bazillion times already…if they were unable to predict the effect that known wind patterns have had on the warming of antarctica, then doesn't that call to question the efficacy of the models? I know the article addresses that but I just don't buy it.

Antarctic warming and melting is the basis of much of the doom and gloom, apocalyptic nonsense we hear from people like Al Gore, and more and more they demonstrate their lack of understanding.

This made me laugh:
Two Evils Compete: Global Warming vs. Ozone Hole.

Now we're using the word "evil" to describe observed processes.
Being in debt and celebrating a lower deficit is like being on a diet and celebrating the fact you gained two pounds this week instead of five.

BadKosh
Professional Poster
May 10, 2008, 05:58 AM

You realize these articles seemingly indicate that climate change is real right? The fact that there are problems with insurance premiums and funds allocation doesn't mean it isn't happening.

greg
"Seeming indicate..."

LOL

Buckaroo  (op)
Professional Poster
May 10, 2008, 12:50 PM

What it really comes down to, is the whole Global Warming issue is a SCAM, created by the left wing liberals that want to kill American industry.

peeb
Addicted to MacNN
May 10, 2008, 01:10 PM

What it really comes down to, is the whole Global Warming issue is a SCAM, created by the left wing liberals that want to kill American industry.
I love how this claim gets comprehensively debunked, every time you make it, and you just hit the reset button, pretend you have not seen the evidence and debunking, and make it again! Extra points for living in your own private reality!

Chongo
Addicted to MacNN
May 10, 2008, 05:22 PM

nothing more that a way of redistributing wealth to 3rd world countries via "carbon credit transfer payments"
45/47

Chongo
Addicted to MacNN
May 11, 2008, 12:59 PM

Is NOAA in Big Oil's pocket?
UNITED STATES Climate Summary
UNITED STATES
Climate Summary
April 2008

The average temperature in April 2008 was 51.0 F. This was -1.0 F cooler than the 1901-2000 (20th century) average, the 29th coolest April in 114 years. The temperature trend for the period of record (1895 to present) is 0.1 degrees Fahrenheit per decade.
( Last edited by Chongo; May 11, 2008 at 03:08 PM. )
45/47

peeb
Addicted to MacNN
May 11, 2008, 02:42 PM

You're embarrassing yourself, Chongo.

Chongo
Addicted to MacNN
May 11, 2008, 03:09 PM

So, NOAA is in "Big Oil's" pocket. Oh, wait. They're part of the government, and Bush is in charge, who in turn is controlled, by, GASP, HALIBURTON! It's all clear now.
( Last edited by Chongo; May 11, 2008 at 03:20 PM. )
45/47

Uncle Skeleton
Addicted to MacNN
May 11, 2008, 05:53 PM

I give it a C for effort and a D for style. The value of the post is less than the sum of its parts. Fail.

Chongo
Addicted to MacNN
May 11, 2008, 05:57 PM

Yeah, but if the NOAA numbers had said the opposite, that is was +1˚ instead of -1˚....
45/47

ebuddy
Posting Junkie
May 11, 2008, 06:14 PM

Originally Posted by Chongo View Post
Yeah, but if the NOAA numbers had said the opposite, that is was +1˚ instead of -1˚....
... we'd be headed for a disaster of biblical proportions. Real wrath of God type stuff. Fire and brimstone coming down from the skies! Rivers and seas boiling! Forty years of darkness! Earthquakes, volcanoes, the dead rising from the grave! Human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together... mass hysteria!
ebuddy

Uncle Skeleton
Addicted to MacNN
May 11, 2008, 07:36 PM

It's really sad how you failed to notice the quoted text indicates the trend is positive (that means higher temperatures, sport), despite fluctuations from one year to the next. If it's cloudier at 3:58 than at 4:02, do you take that as evidence that the night won't be darker than the day?

ebuddy: lol

grinder
Forum Regular
May 17, 2008, 07:36 AM

People, please stop being so f*cking stupid.

Who cares about his house? Whether the climate change is man made or not, his house has nothing to do with it, especially since he uses 100% renewable energies. That's like crucifying Arnold Schwarzenegger for driving Hummers and failing to realize that they all run on hydrogen.

The guy might be wrong about the world, but the world is wrong about him, too.
2,4GHz iMac | 320GB Passport | BT Keyboard | MX Revolution | 4GB iPod nano
Blog | Flickr | deviantART

ebuddy
Posting Junkie
May 17, 2008, 09:10 AM

Originally Posted by grinder View Post
People, please stop being so f*cking stupid.
This is pretty audacious.

Who cares about his house? Whether the climate change is man made or not, his house has nothing to do with it, especially since he uses 100% renewable energies. That's like crucifying Arnold Schwarzenegger for driving Hummers and failing to realize that they all run on hydrogen.
Generally I'd be inclined to agree. His mass energy consumption is really no one's business. I do take issue with your use of "100% renewable energies" though. Do you have a link to support this? Really, he's consuming at least twice what normal Americans consume and paying as much into renewable energies as an offset. There's a difference. Unless you propose everyone do this, it is unrealistic to expect all Americans to pay twice for their energy usage. This is convenient for him, not really for the rest of us. To be clear, this doesn't mean he's using 100% renewable energies, it means he's off-setting his usage of standard energy and paying equal share into renewables. This is no different than a Ted Haggard railing on the lifestyles of others while having been found in conflict with his own ideals. It makes news. It's no reason to call people "fxxxing stupid".

The guy might be wrong about the world, but the world is wrong about him, too.
I wouldn't say the "world" is wrong about him.
ebuddy

itistoday
Professional Poster
May 17, 2008, 09:19 AM

Originally Posted by ebuddy View Post
This is pretty audacious.
I would disagree, MacNN is full of morons. 'Tis a fact. S'ok though, the rest of the world is too.

Buckaroo  (op)
Professional Poster
May 27, 2008, 11:38 PM

It was only a matter of time.

Soon Democrats will be wanting the same here in the US.

Every adult in Britain should be forced to carry 'carbon ration cards', say MPs

Every adult in Britain should be forced to carry 'carbon ration cards', say MPs | Mail Online

Squawk Box' Guest Warns of $12-15-a-Gallon Gas

You can thank Al Gore for this crap. The oil industry is just taking advantage of this BS.

'Squawk Box' Guest Warns of $12-15-a-Gallon Gas

Forum Links
Forum Rules