Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Finding a talented UI/UX designer

Finding a talented UI/UX designer
torsoboy
Mac Elite
Jun 8, 2013, 03:33 AM

Do you guys have any recommendations on how to find a few companies with talented web UI/UX designers? I am looking to get some bids on a fairly large web project ($50k-$75k), but all of the companies I have been in contact with so far seem to be lacking in the design department. Most seem to create mainly generic, template style sites, or sites that look like they could have been created 10 years ago. I'm looking for a place with some style, that employs creative designers that are fairly up to date on current web design trends.

Any ideas or places you have used and would recommend?

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Jun 8, 2013, 12:00 PM

Originally Posted by torsoboy View Post
Do you guys have any recommendations on how to find a few companies with talented web UI/UX designers? I am looking to get some bids on a fairly large web project ($50k-$75k), but all of the companies I have been in contact with so far seem to be lacking in the design department. Most seem to create mainly generic, template style sites, or sites that look like they could have been created 10 years ago. I'm looking for a place with some style, that employs creative designers that are fairly up to date on current web design trends.

Any ideas or places you have used and would recommend?
Hey Torsoboy, just sent you a PM.

torsoboy  (op)
Mac Elite
Jun 8, 2013, 01:11 PM

Thanks, besson3c.

Receiving your PM a little bit ago has opened a whole new world of designer possibilities up to me. I never even knew parallax design existed. Definitely awesome stuff. After googling parallax design and after following link after link after link, I have found a ton of new potential designers, including those listed at the following sites: Awwwards - Website Awards - Best Web Design Trends , The Best Designs / Best Web Design Awards & CSS Gallery � Designers and Website Awards | CSS Awards | Best Websites In The World - CSSDA

I'll respond to your PM privately, but I just wanted to say "thanks!" publicly for your help with finding a whole new set of designers and development options. Thanks!

knifecarrier2
Baninated
Jun 14, 2013, 07:37 PM

My company does that. We're currently doing a UI on some commercial equipment, but we've done lots of stuff. Email me @ cash68@ gmail.com.

Forum Links
Forum Rules