Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > MBP lid bent slightly at edges.

MBP lid bent slightly at edges.
Chris Grande
Senior User
Apr 12, 2006, 02:34 PM

I just got my new MBP yesterday and it amazing, fast, no whine, no screen issues, etc. I don't have any of the current reported issues. (I have a 2.16, 2GB, 7200 custom model) However, the back aluminum piece of the screen (the section with the Apple logo on it) where it meets the front bezel in the top left and right corners is slightly flared out. My old Gen1 17" PowerBook had this also but I thought it was caused by the old iSight clamp. I'll try to post pics when I get home tonight.

Does anyone else have this?

11giggsy
Apr 12, 2006, 04:14 PM

Mine is like this, too, as was the previous one I had that was returned for other issues.

PeterKG
Senior User
Apr 12, 2006, 05:36 PM

Originally Posted by Chris Grande
I just got my new MBP yesterday and it amazing, fast, no whine, no screen issues, etc. I don't have any of the current reported issues. (I have a 2.16, 2GB, 7200 custom model) However, the back aluminum piece of the screen (the section with the Apple logo on it) where it meets the front bezel in the top left and right corners is slightly flared out. My old Gen1 17" PowerBook had this also but I thought it was caused by the old iSight clamp. I'll try to post pics when I get home tonight.

Does anyone else have this?

No need to post pics. Same as your 17" PB it's normal. Most of them sit flush on one side, and not the other. If yours is perfect in all other ways, you should be happy.
MacBook Air, Mac OS X (10.7), 1.6 GHz, Core i5, 4GB 1333 MHz DDR3, 128 GB SSD, 24" LED ACD, 1TB Time Capsule (late 2009), IOS4 ATV, 16GB iPhone 4

vamp07
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 12, 2006, 06:35 PM

Mine s like this too. No big deal.

romeosc
Mac Elite
Apr 12, 2006, 08:26 PM

Originally Posted by vamp07
Mine s like this too. No big deal.

Place a soft towel and an encyclopedia (I know noone has them anymore) or heavy book on it over night!

Chris Grande  (op)
Senior User
Apr 13, 2006, 12:46 AM

I don't think that would fix this issue, if anything it would make it worse!

PeterKG
Senior User
Apr 13, 2006, 02:30 AM

Chris,

That is a different issue than what I thought you were writing about. I don't know man if it's worth sending in for. You might end up with worse issues. Perhaps if you push it down with a flat surface item, that would straighten it out. But be careful.
MacBook Air, Mac OS X (10.7), 1.6 GHz, Core i5, 4GB 1333 MHz DDR3, 128 GB SSD, 24" LED ACD, 1TB Time Capsule (late 2009), IOS4 ATV, 16GB iPhone 4

n8236
Dedicated MacNNer
Apr 13, 2006, 03:39 AM

Since your gaps are on the lcd, I'm not sure how to fix that. Unless it was on the system itself, you can use the #0 or #00 Philips and retighten the screws to fix most of the gap. I did it to mine and I avoided returning it back to Apple. I would love to get a "perfect" fitted mbp, but the little gaps when the lid is closed doesn't bother me enough to warrant a return for me.

But if your fitment bothers you enough, you might consider getting another.

Chris Grande  (op)
Senior User
Apr 13, 2006, 09:50 PM

Originally Posted by PeterKG
Chris,

That is a different issue than what I thought you were writing about. I don't know man if it's worth sending in for. You might end up with worse issues. Perhaps if you push it down with a flat surface item, that would straighten it out. But be careful.
Do you have anything like this on yours? I just looked at my old 17" and it is only very slight and in the middle.

Forum Links
Forum Rules