Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > Snow Leopard, Mail & Exchange 2007

Snow Leopard, Mail & Exchange 2007
NateEssex
Dedicated MacNNer
Sep 16, 2009, 12:25 PM

I'm using Snow Leopard, Apple Mail and work has an Exchange 2007 email server. When I get emails on my MBP in Mail, they disappear from the server when I use my PC at work or log in via webmail. There are certain emails I need to acknowledge "Read Receipt" that I can't do now if my mail is gone from the server.

Can anyone PLEASE point me in the right direction on what I can do? Is there a setting in Mail to have the Read Receipt come on? Is there a setting somewhere to have mail remain on the server, like on POP accounts?

Thanks!!
MBP 15" 2.33 ghz 256Video Card
40 Gig iPod, Airport Extreme

seanc
Moderator Emeritus
Sep 17, 2009, 04:59 PM

Mail shouldn't be disappearing from the server...
Are you definitely collecting messages from the server using the Exchange/IMAP protocol? You're not accidentally using POP are you?

I haven't got Exchange 2007 running yet, so I can't test it.

NateEssex  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Sep 17, 2009, 06:25 PM

I used the new account setup and selected Exchange, and put in the server info. On the Mac side with Mail, you would think everything is perfect the way it functions. I just need to keep stuff on the server and/or have the ability to use a Read Receipt function.
MBP 15" 2.33 ghz 256Video Card
40 Gig iPod, Airport Extreme

Forum Links
Forum Rules