Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > MobileMe Status

MobileMe Status
Big Mac
Clinically Insane
Aug 2, 2008, 11:23 PM

I'm starting this thread because unlike .Mac, MobileMe doesn't have definitive status indications of when services are up or down.

The last email I received on my MM account was from this morning. I don't get any error messages when I attempt to check my mail, but no mail is coming in (which I verified by sending myself a test message that did not come back). Anyone else having problems?

"The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield and government to gain ground." TJ

Art Vandelay
Professional Poster
Aug 2, 2008, 11:29 PM

Vandelay Industries

Big Mac  (op)
Clinically Insane
Aug 3, 2008, 01:08 AM

Thank you, Art. It's still not working for me for some reason.

"The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield and government to gain ground." TJ

JoshuaZ
Professional Poster
Aug 3, 2008, 04:53 AM

I'm a bit annoyed right now. Mobile Me is great in that I now have 16 gigs of space to use on it, but seeing as how its taking me nearly an HOUR to upload 200 MBs I don't see how its so useful. So very annoyed right now.

(I have a fiber connection thats very fast, and I can upload to my pair.com webserver at a much faster speed....)

MacosNerd
Professional Poster
Aug 3, 2008, 07:08 AM

idisk has always been incredibly slow. While I have gobs of storage, it does you know good if you cannot effectively and efficiently move files there.

Short of the problem friday about not being able to send emails, my mobileme has been pretty good (lately).

I don't see the need for a macnn thread about its status when apple provides it, and if a problem does arise a new thread in the application forum will be started. I for one do not look in the lounge for application related problem.

Big Mac  (op)
Clinically Insane
Aug 3, 2008, 03:39 PM

It's not really application related - it's a service. FWIW, my incoming mail service was apparently restored sometime in the middle of the night.

moep
Senior User
Aug 3, 2008, 04:11 PM

iDisk is unusable for large files.
I’ve tried uploading large files from a perfectly peered 100 mbit connection via WebDAV, the upload topped out at ~140kb/s.
It’s a joke, but I guess most customers don’t mind it.
If you’re looking for fast and reliable storage on the web, you might want to look into Amazon S3. iDisk just doesn’t cut it IMO.

And here is another status page, although not updated in realtime.
"The road to success is dotted with the most tempting parking spaces."

JoshuaZ
Professional Poster
Aug 4, 2008, 09:26 AM

Ok, this is a MAJOR problem for me.

So I have [email protected] that I use for AIM via iChat. Well today I sign on and I see nothing. No buddies online, which is odd. So I sign on via meebo.com, and again, no buddies.

Well I start to wonder whats up with that, so I try [email protected] on meebo.com and add a few of my buddies. They show up.

So whats the frickin deal with that?!?!?! While this problem isn't the END of the world for me, its very annoying. Plus now I need to inform all my friends and family about this change if its permanent. I was under the impression that keeping the @mac.com for email and AIM would cause no problems at all....

Am I the only one with this problem?

Art Vandelay
Professional Poster
Aug 4, 2008, 01:58 PM

My mac.com AIM screen name is working fine.
Vandelay Industries

JoshuaZ
Professional Poster
Aug 4, 2008, 06:07 PM

Still not working for me and its been nearly 24 hours. I have no idea whats up with that.

It was working when I started work yesterday, and then stopped working after restart halfway through work.

andreas_g4
Professional Poster
Aug 5, 2008, 12:30 AM

Originally Posted by JoshuaZ View Post
Ok, this is a MAJOR problem for me.

So I have [email protected] that I use for AIM via iChat. Well today I sign on and I see nothing. No buddies online, which is odd. So I sign on via meebo.com, and again, no buddies.
They're coming after you.

JoshuaZ
Professional Poster
Aug 5, 2008, 01:10 AM

Originally Posted by andreas_g4 View Post
They're coming after you.
God I really wish I could get a refund for my .Mac account that I renewed last month.

I think I will spend this next year moving away from .Mac and finding fun filled alternatives. Oh sorry, MobileMe. These things are so very annoying, and not worth the money.

nonhuman
Posting Junkie
Aug 5, 2008, 08:31 AM

I haven't had any problems with MobileMe (though I don't use it for email), until this morning. Right now changes I make to my calendar aren't being sent up to the server (they don't show up on the website) and therefore not being pushed to my iPhone.

This is a problem as for most of the day I will be out of the house with no link to my calendar other than my iPhone and the website (via my ThinkPad).

Forum Links
Forum Rules