Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > Software for Windows and MAC

Software for Windows and MAC
Rafaqat
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 2, 2003, 01:55 PM

I wonder if I can use for instance Photoshop ver 7.0 PC-version on both MAC as well as on PC? Or is there a version of this for Windows and another one for MAC?
one more thing...Where can I download the newest versions of this kind of programs?

iRebound
Mac Enthusiast
Mar 2, 2003, 02:12 PM

No, you can not use the windows version of Photoshop on a Mac and vice versa. Please do not ask about how to get warez here.

And it's Mac, not MAC.

milhouse
Senior User
Mar 2, 2003, 03:04 PM

AFAIK there are a few cross platform programs written in JAVA.

By and large you will not find any major commercial SWs that have a single app for X86 and PPC.

You may certainly share files but not the programs. PC and Mac programs are written for different HW configs.

An alternative is to purchase VirtualPC for the Mac and run X86 proggies. While Version 6 is very cool and relatively fast on new HW, it's not great for power hogs like PS and other multimedia/graphics apps.

If you must have Warez, Google for it.

MacNN is not the place to ask for pirated SW, it will likely get you banned.

(I'd suggest that, in the future, you lurk a bit in the forums before you post)

cheers

"-Dodge This"

solitere
Mac Enthusiast
Mar 2, 2003, 03:20 PM

Originally posted by Rafaqat:
I wonder if I can use for instance Photoshop ver 7.0 PC-version on both MAC as well as on PC? Or is there a version of this for Windows and another one for MAC?
one more thing...Where can I download the newest versions of this kind of programs?

If you buy Corel Graphics Suite 11 you get Mac & PC version on the same package!

Montanan
Grizzled Veteran
Mar 2, 2003, 04:00 PM

Originally posted by solitere:
If you buy Corel Graphics Suite 11 you get Mac & PC version on the same package!
The same goes for Photoshop Elements 2.0. I'm not certain what the licensing restrictions would be for that, though ... I suspect you're supposed to use only *one* of the versions you receive.

DeathMan
Mac Elite
Mar 2, 2003, 05:23 PM

Originally posted by iRebound:
No, you can not use the windows version of Photoshop on a Mac and vice versa. Please do not ask about how to get warez here.

And it's Mac, not MAC.
MAC is a networking term. It has nothing to with Apple Macintosh computers. Its confusing, and/or irritating for people who have studied computers, and are Mac users to see MAC and PC. It just looks wrong.

Forum Links
Forum Rules