Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Consumer Hardware & Components > Does Acer 22" work with Macbook?

Does Acer 22" work with Macbook?
prakash
Mar 26, 2008, 07:41 PM

Hello

Does Acer 22" LCD monitor work with Macbook?

Newegg.com - Acer AL2216Wbd Black 22" 5ms Widescreen LCD Monitor with HDCP support 300 cd/m2 700:1 - Retail

Any suggestions on a good wireless keyboard, mouse for the setup?

Also should the macbook be kept ON, for it work, will it work if it goes into suspend etc?

Its confusing, because i heard that Apple does not have a doc.

Please help me.

mike868y
Mar 26, 2008, 08:56 PM

should work fine as long as you make sure to get the apple micro dvi to dvi adapter. Also, the apple keyboard has the same exact keys as the macbook (white one, not the pro), so if you are coming off a macbook it should be a very easy transition. The mighty mouse is the king of style, not so much functionality. I have heard great reviews of the logitech mx revoltion

prakash  (op)
Mar 26, 2008, 09:03 PM

Thanks a lot for the reply.

Another question, these monitors come with some kind of adapters, can i use them?

Should i still buy, apple micro dvi to dvi adapter? Do you know its price?

Thanks for the help.

bazmond
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 26, 2008, 09:31 PM

I use an Acer 22inch with an Intel Imac and have also used it with an old G4. I had to buy adaptors for each (for some reason they are different on each machine). From memory, the adaptors were about $35 Australian.

ps. Considering my age, I like being a fresh faced recruit......I wish.

stwain2003
Grizzled Veteran
Mar 27, 2008, 12:09 AM

There actually is a dock for the MacBooks. Google "BookEndz Docking Station" and check out their website.
8GB iPhone
Coming Soon: Mac mini Core 2 Duo 2.0Ghz

mduell
Posting Junkie
Mar 27, 2008, 02:58 PM

Yes it will work if you buy the $20 miniDVI to DVI adapter from Apple.

The Apple Bluetooth keyboard is pretty good; for mice I'd go with one of the Bluetooth mice from Microsoft.

The MacBook won't be doing anything while it's sleeping; it's fine to leave it on all the time, just like any other computer.

Andhee
Mac Enthusiast
Mar 27, 2008, 03:06 PM

I just noticed someone recommended the micro-dvi to dvi - this will NOT work, as that adaptor is for the Macbook Air only! The adaptor you need is the mini-dvi to dvi (confusing I know... why can't they just standardize what they use...). Your monitor will come with a DVI lead (most probably), one end will go into the monitor, then the other will go into the adaptor you buy from apple, the adaptor will then plug into the mini-dvi port on your macbook.

I have the bluetooth Apple mighty mouse and bluetooth Apple wireless keyboard, both are fantastic for my needs. I wouldn't try game with the mighty mouse though, as the experience won't be fantastic, you'll find you lose every game however good you are .
Macbook mid 2007: 2Gb Ram, Intel core 2 duo, 2.16GHz, 500Gb HDD, Snow Leopard 10.6.6
HTC HD7 (Windows Phone 7!)
iPod 5G 80GB
iPod Mini 4GB (Blue)

Forum Links
Forum Rules