Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > Nokia 5510 -Help Me.

Nokia 5510 -Help Me.
Fresh and Clean
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 13, 2002, 02:44 AM

Kia Ora, I've just got a Nokia 5510(the mp3 player one) it works well, well on my toshiba laptop. However, i'm selling my laptop and VPC isn't doing a good job or any job at all. It finds the phone in windows98se and installs it, the nokia music software doesn't display an error when its plug in but it will not show the content of the music files on the phone or let me copy to it. I noted that the phone does not become a removerable drive on VPC like it did on a real PC.

Also could anyone tell if the USB cord that came with the phone can be use as a data cord?

And where I can find macintosh software for the phone?

Cheers.
marc
2002 iMac G4 Combo

solitere
Mac Enthusiast
Nov 13, 2002, 01:54 PM

Originally posted by Fresh and Clean:
Kia Ora, I've just got a Nokia 5510(the mp3 player one) it works well, well on my toshiba laptop. However, i'm selling my laptop and VPC isn't doing a good job or any job at all. It finds the phone in windows98se and installs it, the nokia music software doesn't display an error when its plug in but it will not show the content of the music files on the phone or let me copy to it. I noted that the phone does not become a removerable drive on VPC like it did on a real PC.

Also could anyone tell if the USB cord that came with the phone can be use as a data cord?

And where I can find macintosh software for the phone?

Cheers.
marc

the Nokia phone you are using isnīt really a īrealī mp3 player it uses a own format that has built in copyrights protection. I Canīt just know remember what itīs called... anyhow the phone requires Nokias own software (music-converter-software) for transfer of musicfiles to the phone. And so far that software is Wintel only.

If you are looking for other software for Nokias and the Macs look at IDexpress (a Finish company) at this adress http://www.idexpress.fi/

Forum Links
Forum Rules