Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Consumer Hardware & Components > Sick but amusing

Sick but amusing
ericwass
Mac Enthusiast
May 19, 2004, 04:01 PM

I know, I know... wrong, evil, insensitive, exploitative. But, c'mon, kinda funny.

"Pfft. I know a genuine Panaphonics when I see it. And look, there's Magnetbox and Sorny." -HJS

absmiths
Mac Elite
May 19, 2004, 04:05 PM

Originally posted by ericwass:
I know, I know... wrong, evil, insensitive, exploitative. But, c'mon, kinda funny.
I guess I just don't get it - I don't see anything sick, exploitive, or even funny. Is this suposed to be some crude 7th-grade sex flip-show?

And what are the four panels that only occur at the bottom - they look like vampires listening to iPods . . .

ericwass  (op)
Mac Enthusiast
May 19, 2004, 04:08 PM

Have you been watching the news lately?
"Pfft. I know a genuine Panaphonics when I see it. And look, there's Magnetbox and Sorny." -HJS

TheMosco
Mac Elite
May 19, 2004, 04:13 PM

Originally posted by absmiths:
I guess I just don't get it - I don't see anything sick, exploitive, or even funny. Is this suposed to be some crude 7th-grade sex flip-show?

And what are the four panels that only occur at the bottom - they look like vampires listening to iPods . . .
iraqi abuse scandal... heard about it?
AXP
ΔΣΦ

deTaNg
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 19, 2004, 06:43 PM

I gotta agree with absmiths. I don't see much to make out. Maybe it's one of those pychological tests?

TheMosco
Mac Elite
May 19, 2004, 07:08 PM

Originally posted by deTaNg:
I gotta agree with absmiths. I don't see much to make out. Maybe it's one of those pychological tests?

now can you make it out?
AXP
ΔΣΦ

ericwass  (op)
Mac Enthusiast
May 19, 2004, 07:37 PM

Thanks, TheMosco. Serious world news blackout here at MacNN, I guess.

absmiths
Mac Elite
May 20, 2004, 10:46 AM

Originally posted by ericwass:
Thanks, TheMosco. Serious world news blackout here at MacNN, I guess.
No, I just haven't watched any of the videos or looked at the pictures. I saw some of the first pictures, and have heard plenty of descriptions - it's bad enough knowing it happened without having to look at all the pictures.

I can't possibly see how it could be funny - or why you would even want to find it funny. I guess it shows that there are sick people outside of Abu Ghraib after all.

ericwass  (op)
Mac Enthusiast
May 20, 2004, 12:08 PM

Originally posted by absmiths:

I can't possibly see how it could be funny - or why you would even want to find it funny. I guess it shows that there are sick people outside of Abu Ghraib after all.
Fair enough. But it's called gallows humor. I was as shocked and sickened by those pics as anybody. But at some point you realize that all your handwringing is not going to undo what happened and not going dissaude some nut-job from blowing himself and a bunch of innocents up as an act of revenge. Then it's just a matter of laughing or crying. I choose laughing.

Jens Peter
Senior User
May 20, 2004, 12:35 PM

Don't know what to say about the picture.. I don't find it funny...

But the thing that wonders me the most, is why this is posted in the Peripherals forum, and not the Lounge...

::maroma::
Addicted to MacNN
May 20, 2004, 12:55 PM

I don't think the image is funny, clever or amusing. Its just bleh.

Besides, this is the wrong forum. Bring this drudgery to the Lounge where it belongs.

tooki
Admin Emeritus
May 20, 2004, 02:47 PM

Too much hassle. It's easier to just close.

tooki

Forum Links
Forum Rules