Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Gaming > The Omega Stone

The Omega Stone
wiccagirl72
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 28, 2004, 02:22 PM

I am having great difficulty with not only the loading but finding any information about it on the web, the version for Mac OSX...it seems like they where in suc a hurry to put it out that they skipped over the directions for laoding it, and left us Mac people out to dry. If anyone can help me I'd be very grateful. Thanks...until then

macaddict0001
Mac Elite
Nov 28, 2004, 02:56 PM

is it the game?

wiccagirl72  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 28, 2004, 04:12 PM

Originally posted by macaddict0001:
is it the game?
It's everything...I don't think I've been able to load it properly and that may be why i can't figure out how to play it...plus the game doesn't have a tutorial and if you go to the site the help is only for p.c users...I 've been able to play the game but then I get to the helicopter part and i get stuck.
Thanks
Kitty

macaddict0001
Mac Elite
Nov 28, 2004, 04:19 PM

Does it crash when you load it?

wiccagirl72  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 28, 2004, 05:08 PM

Does it crash when you load it?

Not at all...I loaded the first disk fine...I 'm just looking to see if anyone who played it could tell me if it is right and i just haven't figured out how to get the pass card to the helicopter guy.

macaddict0001
Mac Elite
Nov 28, 2004, 05:12 PM

I haven't played it so i can't help you with strategy or anything. Are there any problems not strategy related?

wiccagirl72  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 28, 2004, 05:34 PM

I haven't played it so i can't help you with strategy or anything. Are there any problems not strategy related?

Actually if you haven't played it probably not...because although it isn't strategy related...you have to know the game to understand my problem...but thanks so much for responding...I think I may have made a mistake buying the game...I knew I should have gotten the Law and Order game.
Thanks
Kitty

Rev-O
Mac Elite
Nov 29, 2004, 06:46 AM

I had the same problem with the sillly game, unfortunately, I'm not sure I can be much help, because I don't quite remember the controls. There is a key to press that will bring up the camera, backpack, and (I think) saved games at the bottom of the screen. Maybe ESC (but I seem to remember that ESC brings up the options menu), command (or command+click), or spacebar. Something like that. Then you can mouse to the backpack, shuffle through your inventory, and grab the appropriate card. Then the card will replace your cursor, and then you put it over the helicopter dweeb and give it to him.

Also, be aware that there is a bug in the game that can bite you later on. If you keep too many stored photographs, the game begins to spontaneously abort. From and email with Dreamcatcher Software:

CD #3, the SS compound. At any point after getting to the top of the tower, if I try to save the game, it crashes to desktop. If I do not save, at the point I leave the SS compound and return to Brathwaite Manor and am prompted to insert CD #2, the game crashes to desktop. Any inventory added after leaving top of tower/entering cemetary is invisible in my inventory menu (the cross key from the cemetary, the sword from tower basement). Cemetary key is still usable, just invisible. Up until this point, the game has been stable. Was stable for the initial run through CD #2, the initial run through CD #3. Left SS compound and returned to Brathwait manor (CD #3 to CD #2) fine. returned to SS compound went up tower and saved prior to going up tower, fine. Any save or CD swapping after this point results in a crash. And the bit about the acquired inventory items (cross key and sword) being invisible. No crash log generated, no error message.

----end----
Response:

There is a small glitch in The Omega Stone that surfaces every now and then. It is related to the in-game screenshots that are taken with the camera. It leads to crashing and inventory issues. To correct it, you will have to remove all or some of the screenshots that you've taken in the game. They are stored as JPG images on your hard disk so if you wish you can back them up for later reference.

Once you delete them the game will function correctly.
Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!

wiccagirl72  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 29, 2004, 11:46 AM

Originally posted by Rev-O:
I had the same problem with the sillly game, unfortunately, I'm not sure I can be much help, because I don't quite remember the controls. There is a key to press that will bring up the camera, backpack, and (I think) saved games at the bottom of the screen. Maybe ESC (but I seem to remember that ESC brings up the options menu), command (or command+click), or spacebar. Something like that. Then you can mouse to the backpack, shuffle through your inventory, and grab the appropriate card. Then the card will replace your cursor, and then you put it over the helicopter dweeb and give it to him.

Also, be aware that there is a bug in the game that can bite you later on. If you keep too many stored photographs, the game begins to spontaneously abort. From and email with Dreamcatcher Software:

CD #3, the SS compound. At any point after getting to the top of the tower, if I try to save the game, it crashes to desktop. If I do not save, at the point I leave the SS compound and return to Brathwaite Manor and am prompted to insert CD #2, the game crashes to desktop. Any inventory added after leaving top of tower/entering cemetary is invisible in my inventory menu (the cross key from the cemetary, the sword from tower basement). Cemetary key is still usable, just invisible. Up until this point, the game has been stable. Was stable for the initial run through CD #2, the initial run through CD #3. Left SS compound and returned to Brathwait manor (CD #3 to CD #2) fine. returned to SS compound went up tower and saved prior to going up tower, fine. Any save or CD swapping after this point results in a crash. And the bit about the acquired inventory items (cross key and sword) being invisible. No crash log generated, no error message.

----end----
Response:

There is a small glitch in The Omega Stone that surfaces every now and then. It is related to the in-game screenshots that are taken with the camera. It leads to crashing and inventory issues. To correct it, you will have to remove all or some of the screenshots that you've taken in the game. They are stored as JPG images on your hard disk so if you wish you can back them up for later reference.

Once you delete them the game will function correctly.

thank you so much this will help a lot...now maybe I can actually start the game.
can you reccomend any good strategy games for a mac g3?
Thanks
Kitty

Forum Links
Forum Rules