Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Gaming > doom 3

doom 3
oli0220
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Dec 11, 2005, 09:41 AM

hi, i need to have a certain gun called a BFG i must have missed it on my way and now i am 3/4 of the way through. but now i need it to defeat 2 large monsters and i cannot do it with any of the others .Any help please

CIA
Mac Elite
Dec 11, 2005, 03:23 PM

Doom III walkthrough

Hope this helps.
Work: 2008 8x3.2 MacPro, 8800GT, 16GB ram, zillions of HDs. (video editing)
Home: 2008 24" 2.8 iMac, 2TB Int, 4GB ram.
Road: 2009 13" 2.26 Macbook Pro, 8GB ram & 640GB WD blue internal
Retired to BOINC only: My trusty never-gonna-die 12" iBook G4 1.25

joe
Mac Elite
Dec 11, 2005, 06:53 PM

Originally Posted by oli0220
hi, i need to have a certain gun called a BFG i must have missed it on my way and now i am 3/4 of the way through. but now i need it to defeat 2 large monsters and i cannot do it with any of the others .Any help please

SPOILER WARNING!!!

If you're that far into the game you should have the BFG by now. If not, this will be a spoiler. Read ahead at your own risk. I'd hate to spoil this part of the game if you're not there yet. But if you're still reading you want to know. So.... You get the BFG by defeating Sarge - or rather the huge tank/monster that he mutated into. When you meet him he uses the BFG on YOU! You'll end up on a square platform with several columns. There are steep drop offs on all sides. It's easy to fall and die from the force of the BFG blast if it doesn't kill you outright. IIRC, I used the rocket launcher to defeat him while ducking and running behind the columns. Use the BFG's slow recharge to time your attack. You have to be careful of those columns tho - they discharge electricity from time to time. There are health, armor, and ammo packs behind the columns that you'll need. When you finall defeat him the BFG is right next to him. There are some additional health packs and ammo in his cove. IIRC you have to exit through a hidden panel in one of the coves. Good luck!.......joe

oli0220  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Dec 13, 2005, 01:20 PM

thanks for the help guys.I think i am further on than the sarge i am at DELTA LABS SECTOR 4.and i must have missed the bfg.
In the walkthrough it says to use the rockets ,i have tried and tried and to no avail so i need a cheat for the mac otherwise im well and truly stuck

joe
Mac Elite
Dec 13, 2005, 08:38 PM

Originally Posted by oli0220
thanks for the help guys.I think i am further on than the sarge i am at DELTA LABS SECTOR 4.and i must have missed the bfg.
In the walkthrough it says to use the rockets ,i have tried and tried and to no avail so i need a cheat for the mac otherwise im well and truly stuck
Yeah, you missed the BFG. But you can still kill those huge badasses with the rocket launcher. I just did (I've got Delta Labs 4 saved). You've got to dodge and run like crazy. It helps to go down the steps at the back of the room to give yourself more distance and time to dodge the green fireballs.

I wouldn't worry about the BFG tho. Once you finish off the monsters you'll decend straight into hell. And you'll leave behind whatever awesome eq you had on the way down. Good luck!

oli0220  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Dec 14, 2005, 01:20 PM

ok thanks

Forum Links
Forum Rules