Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > I got one!!!

I got one!!!
Stingrey
Forum Regular
Mar 26, 2003, 05:47 PM

Well, picked mine up at lunch... Won't be able to post anything 'till late tonight, but I got a 17" from CompUSA in San Antonio!!! I couldn't believe it. Was calling all over, Austin, Houston, etc. to try and get one before this weekend. Got a call from a gal @ the SAT store and she said to come on down and pick 'er up. It will be replacing a rather loud DP G4 800. Almost did that student thing, but want to save that 20% off for a bigger purchase anyhow, and it sure does beat waiting around for shipping on this thing to take it home and play with it tonight! More to come later.

Rey :)

wintermute1
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 26, 2003, 10:14 PM

I usually lurk here, but I have to announce the new arrival. I called up the Clarendon Apple Store to see when they would be getting 17 inch powerbooks. The person on the other end of the phone said. "It is your lucky day. We have 3 left, do you want one?"

I jumped in a cab in the middle of the day and picked one up -- on which I am typing this message.

This is a beautiful, and finely crafted piece of work.

The best mac I have had -- and I am upgrading from a Ti-800 DVI.

The wait really is worth it. Hang on you folks who have orders coming!!

swsteckly
Mac Enthusiast
Mar 26, 2003, 10:37 PM

I've upgraded from a Ti 800, too.

Beautiful machine! Congratulations to you both!

erichen
Forum Regular
Mar 27, 2003, 07:51 AM

Mine (17" PowerBook) is supposed to be here tomorrow! The long-wait is almost over!

~Eric

Stingrey  (op)
Forum Regular
Mar 27, 2003, 12:52 PM

This thing is awesome! The keyboard lights and display adjust almost instantly if lighting situation occurs. It is very nice, I am going to get a usb keyboard though (have mouse already) as this is to be used as my primary workstation and a regular kbd and mouse would be ideal. If Apple makes a usb version of the light sensitive kbd, they will rake in a fortune. If they made the mouse clear, have two buttons and a scroll wheel, and it dimmed and lighted just like the kbd, they would make a double fortune. Either way, the machine itself rivals my DPg4 800. Just as responsive, and much more quiet than that noisy powermac. Anyhow that's it for now, did all my copying (firewire) files over, setting up apps (most simply copy and work just that simply), tonight I will spend time setting up the scanner, printer, and then just playing. What a sweet machine! I am very happy with it. Just need to get FCP working and I'm back in business!

Rey :)

Forum Links
Forum Rules