Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > Worth it to sell my 12" PB Rev.B to buy 15" Rev.C

Worth it to sell my 12" PB Rev.B to buy 15" Rev.C
schwaz80
Aug 24, 2004, 07:36 PM

I have been thinking about it. I also have an external LCD that I work primarly off of, which I would be selling too. Along with my Apple Bluetooth Keyboard. I had the 12" for school and I graduated in December. I would just like more power now that size isn't much of a constraint. How much of a performance increase am I looking at going to a 1.5ghz, 1024mb RAM? My 12" has 768mb RAM and a 4200rpm HD. Better to just go to a 1.33 for the price? How much do you guys think I could get for my current PowerBook? I didn't get the extra warranty... 1yr expires at the end of September though.

anly
Forum Regular
Aug 24, 2004, 11:24 PM

I think if you had the extra cash, by all means go for the Rev. C model. I would say at least 1~1.5GB or more RAM, depending on what apps you would like running( e.g. motion ). The more the merrier IMO. Do a quick search on eBay to check out the market price, but do try and get rid of it before the 1 year expiration date. Having Extended warranty can add tremendous value to your computer as well cause PB part/labor is quite costly.

Cheers~
Past Love:
Apple II, Mac SI, PB Duo, Pismo, iMac G4, Digital Audio
iMac Rev.A 256MB OSX10.3
PB 17" Rev. C 1.5Ghz
Current:
MacBook 2.0Ghz 10.5.2
MacBook Pro 2.4Ghz 17" 10.5.2

lavar78
Professional Poster
Aug 25, 2004, 12:36 AM

I would definitely tell the buyer he has an opportunity to buy AppleCare before the year is over. That is the case, right?

schwaz80  (op)
Aug 25, 2004, 01:30 AM

right... you should be able to buy an extended warranty.

Forum Links
Forum Rules