Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Gaming > Aion

Aion
starman
Clinically Insane
Jul 8, 2009, 01:02 PM

I played the Closed Beta this weekend and Holy Crap, this game rocks. Anyone else in the beta?

My review:
http://www.geekistry.com/?p=367

Home - Twitter - Sig Wall-Retired - Flickr

exca1ibur
Mac Elite
Jul 8, 2009, 01:41 PM

Never heard of it. Looks pretty good. Will it be free to play like Guild Wars or will it be a monthly rape like WoW?

Chuckit
Clinically Insane
Jul 8, 2009, 02:41 PM

You sound very enthusiastic here, but your review makes it sound fairly run-of-the-mill.
Chuck
___
"Instead of either 'multi-talented' or 'multitalented' use 'bisexual'."

moep
Senior User
Jul 8, 2009, 06:10 PM

I received a CB invite for the European version about a month ago but never took the time to download the client.
It looked like a translated korean version of WoW to me and I have absolutely no interest in that. But if it isn’t I'll be sure to give it a try when the servers open again. (in a week or so?)
"The road to success is dotted with the most tempting parking spaces."

starman  (op)
Clinically Insane
Jul 8, 2009, 09:15 PM

Originally Posted by Chuckit View Post
You sound very enthusiastic here, but your review makes it sound fairly run-of-the-mill.
We're testing a 1.0 version of the game for translation and other cultural issues. The full game will be 1.5, due in Sept. I only got to level 20 (the cap for the beta). It's impossible to do a full review of the game until it's released.

starman  (op)
Clinically Insane
Jul 8, 2009, 09:17 PM

Originally Posted by moep View Post
I received a CB invite for the European version about a month ago but never took the time to download the client.
It looked like a translated korean version of WoW to me and I have absolutely no interest in that. But if it isn’t I'll be sure to give it a try when the servers open again. (in a week or so?)
July 17th.

It might look a lot like WoW, and is a grindfest until about level 16ish, but you spend a lot of time getting to know the game then. As I said above, until the NA/EU community can properly test endgame, it's hard to know how well it will do.

I'll say this: it's got a ton more than GW and Lineage II. Bored WoW players might flock to it if they do endgame correctly. The only issue can be how the game was built to handle the Asian community which likes to grind more. We don't.

moep
Senior User
Jul 16, 2009, 09:53 AM

Beta-accounts from the previous phases remain active for the following beta phases, right?

I’m wondering because I received my invite for phase 1 (and made my account then) but when I try to log in right now all I get is an error message telling me that the ID is invalid. But maybe that’s just because the next phase starts tomorrow...
"The road to success is dotted with the most tempting parking spaces."

Forum Links
Forum Rules