Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > iPhone, iPad & iPod > Is there an iPod play count?

Is there an iPod play count?
Tiresias
Jan 23, 2007, 10:59 AM

What I mean is this: Does a play on the iPod get added to that tracks playcount in iTunes when you sync your iPod?

DakarĀ²
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 23, 2007, 05:49 PM

yes

C.A.T.S. CEO
Professional Poster
Jan 23, 2007, 06:44 PM

yep. it shows up in itunes
Signature depreciated.

icruise
Moderator Emeritus
Jan 23, 2007, 09:14 PM

It will as long as you are syncing your iPod and not updating it manually. Of course, no distinction is made between plays on the iPod and plays on the computer.

m_young
Forum Regular
Jan 23, 2007, 09:20 PM

Originally Posted by icruise View Post
It will as long as you are syncing your iPod and not updating it manually. Of course, no distinction is made between plays on the iPod and plays on the computer.
This is important. I recently switched from a 30 gig 4G to an 8 gig 2G Nano that doesn't hold all my music, and I didn't have it set to sync.
I noticed the play count wasn't accumulating, and searched for why and found that it has to be set to sync.
Fortunately, every song I played in the time I didn't have it set to sync eventually showed up after I changed the setting.

icruise
Moderator Emeritus
Jan 23, 2007, 09:28 PM

You probably know this, but you can set only certain playlists to sync in addition to syncing everything. This is good if you want to only put part of your music collection on your iPod and still have the play counts and so forth sync.

Forum Links
Forum Rules