Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Movie Recommendation: Margin Call

Movie Recommendation: Margin Call
Hawkeye_a
Addicted to MacNN
Jun 25, 2012, 07:43 AM

A compelling contemporary story is the platform for some great writing and performances. Irrespective of which side of the debate you are on, this movie is really about the characters and they way they respond to the situation.

At first, I was concerned that the star studded cast would be a distraction, but a great script, direction and performances keep that from happening.

The story, i hear, is loosely based on the collapse of Lehman Brothers. I highly recommend this movie.

Enjoy!

Patrick
Mac Elite
Jun 27, 2012, 04:16 PM

My favorite quote from the movie, from Jeremy Irons as the CEO, to the analyst played by Zachary Quinto: "Maybe you could tell me what you think is going on here, and please, speak as you might to a young child, or a golden retriever. It wasn't brains that got me here, I assure you that."

One of the reasons I first saw this movie was in the hopes it would explain what happened in an understandable way, and it delivered. Perhaps it oversimplified things, but I'm one of those types whose brain is easily fried by economics.

Forum Links
Forum Rules