Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > ibook g3 10.3.9, start up in 9 problems?

ibook g3 10.3.9, start up in 9 problems?
werps
Forum Regular
Dec 1, 2005, 10:35 PM

I have an ibook g3 running 10.3.9 (not ever a problem!) and I had not gone back to start up disc 9. I played with it a bit to see if I could get on with the airport in 9 and gave up and went back to start up disc 10 and it just gives me 9 and a folder flashing with a (?) mark. Is there an easy way to get it started in 10 again with out messing anything up on my 10.3.9 ? Thanks , Tom
Nitch hunting only allowed till you die!

Detrius
Professional Poster
Dec 1, 2005, 11:50 PM

huh? I'm getting that you booted into OS 9 but now can't boot into OS X. Can you still boot into OS 9? Can you boot from an install disk? Is the startup disk control panel allowing you to choose the OS X install? BTW, you need 9.1 or later to choose the OS X install from OS 9.
ACSA 10.4/10.3, ACTC 10.3, ACHDS 10.3

werps  (op)
Forum Regular
Dec 1, 2005, 11:54 PM

Save me from losing my info! Is there a way maybe to get this back up to start in my 10.3.9? Why the hell did I ever go look at 9? Jeeezzzzz! Still flashing folder with question mark. I don't want to reload 9 and 10. I have put 9 and 10 discs in and it does not see anything but the disk itself!!!!!!! help? I am so angry, This little ibook has never so much as flinched! I can not take anymore tonight. later,,,,,, Tom

werps  (op)
Forum Regular
Dec 1, 2005, 11:55 PM

Save me from losing my info! Is there a way maybe to get this back up to start in my 10.3.9? Why the hell did I ever go look at 9? Jeeezzzzz! Still flashing folder with question mark. I don't want to reload 9 and 10. I have put 9 and 10 discs in and it does not see anything but the disk itself!!!!!!! help? I am so angry, This little ibook has never so much as flinched! I can not take anymore tonight. later,,,,,, Tom

werps  (op)
Forum Regular
Dec 2, 2005, 12:06 AM

At one point I did a disc repair in 9, and got a few errors, (custom icon missing 1850 435,437,439 7910 ) Also (Mount ck found seriuos errors). At that point I just stopped the repair.

seanc
Moderator Emeritus
Dec 2, 2005, 10:40 AM

Hold down command (apple key) + X

The computer should restart and boot into OS X

werps  (op)
Forum Regular
Dec 2, 2005, 09:01 PM

Thanks , I sure wish I had checked the post again before I wiped the drive out and reloaded 9/10. ,,,,20/20 Thanks for all the help though. Lost a few things and lesson learned. Tom

Forum Links
Forum Rules