Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Gay roommates

Gay roommates (Page 2)
spauldingg
Grizzled Veteran
Jun 24, 2006, 06:40 PM

Darth, I smoked weed multiple times on daily basis for three years. And then one day I stopped for no real reason.

20 years ago.

STFU
“The love of liberty is the love of others; the love of power is the love of ourselves.” -- William Hazlitt

ambush  (op)
Banned
Jun 24, 2006, 06:42 PM

Originally Posted by darth-vader000
I know the diff its actually pretty easy, an addict is one who knows he has a problem (either recovering or not) a drug user is someone who is denial and thinks doing drugs is ok and can quit when ever he(or she) wants to but the funny thing is they never do (or cannot because they're addicted)
Let me guess.

You've done coke, alcohol or heroin, you ruined your miserable life and then you went on a crusade against drugs.

Guess what? Drugs are not necessarily a PROBLEM in one's life. They can bring positive experiences.
So **** you and let me be. Stay on topic.

spauldingg
Grizzled Veteran
Jun 24, 2006, 06:46 PM

Man, I was so friggen creative in those days. Makes me wanna roll one and drag out my easel.
“The love of liberty is the love of others; the love of power is the love of ourselves.” -- William Hazlitt

spauldingg
Grizzled Veteran
Jun 24, 2006, 06:49 PM

Originally Posted by ort888
Have you tried fellating them?
How do you fellate a lesbian?

(oddly, Mac OS dictionary doesn't have fellate as an option. The choice is fillet! )

Ambush, i do not suggest this as an option.

The Godfather
Addicted to MacNN
Jun 24, 2006, 06:56 PM

Originally Posted by spauldingg
Darth, I smoked weed multiple times on daily basis for three years. And then one day I stopped for no real reason.

20 years ago.

STFU
Show us that you are the norm, and not the exception.

ambush  (op)
Banned
Jun 24, 2006, 06:59 PM

Originally Posted by The Godfather
LOL, **** off. Instead, show us how smoking a joint every week or so is so bad for someone.

Here's a good start for ye
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...501729_pf.html

darth-vader000
Forum Regular
Jun 24, 2006, 07:10 PM

Originally Posted by ambush
Let me guess.

You've done coke, alcohol or heroin, you ruined your miserable life and then you went on a crusade against drugs.

Guess what? Drugs are not necessarily a PROBLEM in one's life. They can bring positive experiences.
So **** you and let me be. Stay on topic.
Nope never did and happy I never did or will

darth-vader000
Forum Regular
Jun 24, 2006, 07:14 PM

LOL, **** off. Instead, show us how smoking a joint every week or so is so bad for someone.

Its easy just talk to the stoners around town, they're typically on the streets paranoid have no short term memory what so ever, can't hold down a job. Yeah weed doesn't do anyhing too ya. Just like the tobacco industry has said that cigarettes are safe.

d4nth3m4n
Addicted to MacNN
Jun 24, 2006, 07:16 PM

how long are you in the place? if it's into the fall, try to make amends, if it isn't, F*ck them, there are more than enough [free] things to do when the days are this long and the weather is this nice that you don't have to stay cooped up in an apartment.

no sense getting all worked up over this- if you're only there for a short amount of time, just ignore them. hell, start labeling the **** in the fridge that's yours.

Doofy
Clinically Insane
Jun 24, 2006, 07:16 PM

Well, I used to know this geezer who smoked a couple of biftas per day. He votes for this guy...

...so he can't be all there in the head.
Been inclined to wander... off the beaten track.
That's where there's thunder... and the wind shouts back.

spauldingg
Grizzled Veteran
Jun 24, 2006, 07:31 PM

Its easy just talk to the stoners around town, they're typically on the streets paranoid have no short term memory what so ever, can't hold down a job. Yeah weed doesn't do anyhing too ya. Just like the tobacco industry has said that cigarettes are safe.
My, aren't you just the most flawless human who ever tread the Earths rough soil. Tell your mother, Mary, I said hi.

ambush  (op)
Banned
Jun 24, 2006, 07:46 PM

Nope never did and happy I never did or will
Denial's not just the name of a river in Egypt.

Sorry I had to copy your lame line

darth-vader000
Forum Regular
Jun 24, 2006, 08:13 PM

My, aren't you just the most flawless human who ever tread the Earths rough soil. Tell your mother, Mary, I said hi.
Maybe all of those years of doing drugs (as you yourself admitted) did something to your brain because I never said I was perfect. Just because I don't do drugs or want to do drugs means I'm perfect. smart yes but perfect no.

davesimondotcom
Addicted to MacNN
Jun 24, 2006, 08:21 PM

Man, I was so friggen creative in those days. Makes me wanna roll one and drag out my easel.
Do you still have the art you made? Because my bet is you'll have to blaze up to still think that it was as good as you thought back then.
[ sig removed - image host changed it to a big ad picture ]

Doofy
Clinically Insane
Jun 24, 2006, 08:27 PM

Originally Posted by davesimondotcom
Do you still have the art you made? Because my bet is you'll have to blaze up to still think that it was as good as you thought back then.
/Cue flashback to "mornings after" when the first thing anyone would say is "man, that sounds crap, we're going to have to do it again without blazing up this time".
Been inclined to wander... off the beaten track.
That's where there's thunder... and the wind shouts back.

Kerrigan
Addicted to MacNN
Jun 24, 2006, 09:09 PM

Last night what we talked about made so much sense, but now the haze has descended it don't make no sense anymore /Arctic Monkeys

spauldingg
Grizzled Veteran
Jun 24, 2006, 09:51 PM

Here's one. The canvas has become a little dirty over the years:

Homage to Imhotep. Oil on canvas. Circa: Lost in pothaze B.C.

http://www.designasaur.com/media/ima...ow/imhotep.jpg

chris v
Addicted to MacNN
Jun 24, 2006, 10:14 PM

I haven't smoked any weed in 3 weeks and I'm not craving or anything. I'm just saying it'd be nice to have some weed.
That's all good. I smoked a lot in my youth, and just got tired of it one day. It made me too stupid for the real world, and I didn't enjoy the buzz anymore so I quit. Never had a real craving, either. Some people get their knickers in a twist if they run out, though.

Don't know what to tell you bout the roomies though, except don't push. Maybe the weren't seeking companionship, & just wanted help with the bills.

When a true genius appears in the world you may know him by this sign, that the dunces are all in confederacy against him. -- Jonathan Swift.

spauldingg
Grizzled Veteran
Jun 24, 2006, 10:22 PM

Maybe all of those years of doing drugs (as you yourself admitted) did something to your brain because I never said I was perfect. Just because I don't do drugs or want to do drugs means I'm perfect. smart yes but perfect no.
Smart enough to use reasonably decent punctuation and grammar?

spauldingg
Grizzled Veteran
Jun 24, 2006, 10:30 PM

So don't do drugs. Live your life your way. And if your way of life means being a judgmental ahole, then by all means live your judgmental ahole life your way. But keep it under your breath, and live your boring judgmental life with your boring "just like me, we have nothing to talk about because we all think the same" friggen judgmental ahole friends.

Salty
Professional Poster
Jun 25, 2006, 12:06 AM

I'm a weird gay now?

phillryu
Mac Elite
Jun 25, 2006, 01:19 AM

I know the diff its actually pretty easy, an addict is one who knows he has a problem (either recovering or not) a drug user is someone who is denial and thinks doing drugs is ok and can quit when ever he(or she) wants to but the funny thing is they never do (or cannot because they're addicted)
If you feel the exact same way about alcohol, aka there's no such thing as non-addicted users, then maybe I'll respect your principles at least, maybe a little bit.

MacThemes.net Editor in Chief

moonmonkey
Professional Poster
Jun 25, 2006, 03:25 AM

Originally Posted by pooka
Just the fact that they're pricks AND drank your damn beer.
Gays don't drink beer, they drink banana daiquiris.
Everyone knows that.

Salty
Professional Poster
Jun 25, 2006, 05:07 AM

Originally Posted by moonmonkey
Gays don't drink beer, they drink banana daiquiris.
Everyone knows that.
And Carntinis!

moonmonkey
Professional Poster
Jun 25, 2006, 05:40 AM

Originally Posted by Salty
And Carntinis!

Im pretty sure you got that wrong

darth-vader000
Forum Regular
Jun 25, 2006, 05:41 AM

Smart enough to use reasonably decent punctuation and grammar?
Smart enough to know that I don't have good grammar - but then I really don't care

Ulrich Kinbote
Senior User
Jun 25, 2006, 07:02 AM

Originally Posted by stwain2003
Wow. They're homosexual and you're drug addicts. Sounds like one place I don't want to live...
Stoner ≠ drug Addict.

The Godfather
Addicted to MacNN
Jun 25, 2006, 08:07 AM

Originally Posted by Ambush
Originally Posted by The Godfather

"LOL **** off"?

Dude, I only made a statement that non-addicted drug users are a minority. Why don't you address that?

darth-vader000
Forum Regular
Jun 25, 2006, 08:11 AM

Originally Posted by phillryu
If you feel the exact same way about alcohol, aka there's no such thing as non-addicted users, then maybe I'll respect your principles at least, maybe a little bit.

My self worth is not based on your respect. Nor is morality based upon popularity; wrong is wrong and no matter how much justifying occurs, you cannot change that one little fact.

If you or the OP want to destroy your life using drugs that's your decision but the sad thing is, people who do so usually hurt others in the process, friends, familiy innocent bystanders etc. So even the argument "its my life and I'm not hurting anyone" doesn't hold water.

Alcohol while abused can produce similar results but is legal. For the record, I don't drink.

moodymonster
Mac Elite
Jun 25, 2006, 08:27 AM

maybe they don't like men.

mmm lesbians...

moodymonster
Mac Elite
Jun 25, 2006, 08:28 AM

preferably bi-sexual lesbians...

finboy
Jun 25, 2006, 09:49 AM

But since we're not homosexual, they are just ignoring us. And it's making our stay pretty... annoying.
If they're French and you're Quebecois, that could explain the cold shoulder.

Goldfinger
Professional Poster
Jun 25, 2006, 09:52 AM

Originally Posted by Kerrigan
Goldfinger, where are you moving your company to?
Back to Belgium. We already have one in Belgium but we're probably going to expand that one, start concentrating on other markets and sell our French company.
And it's actually still my dad's company, it's not mine. Not yet anyway

iMac 20" C2D 2.16 | Acer Aspire One | Flickr

phillryu
Mac Elite
Jun 25, 2006, 10:53 AM

My self worth is not based on your respect. Nor is morality based upon popularity; wrong is wrong and no matter how much justifying occurs, you cannot change that one little fact.

If you or the OP want to destroy your life using drugs that's your decision but the sad thing is, people who do so usually hurt others in the process, friends, familiy innocent bystanders etc. So even the argument "its my life and I'm not hurting anyone" doesn't hold water.

Alcohol while abused can produce similar results but is legal. For the record, I don't drink.
Ok, that's cool. So out of curiosity, disregarding alcohol's legality for a sec here, we all know it's caused way more damage than any other drug on the planet, what's your position on that? Wrong's wrong right? Or does it being legal make it "all right" in your eyes to ignore? Then on the other hand, you call it something that "while abused can produce similar results". So you're saying it's possible to use it without abusing it? I mean, I agree with that, I think lots of people can enjoy a beer or two ocassionally without being an alcoholic in any definition of the word.

And again on the legality, it seems to redeem alcohol for you to some degree, at least to the point of ignoring it. So what if weed's legal, like in Amsterdam? Does that make it OK for them, but we're still hopeless addicts?

How far does it go anyway? Caffeine is a 'drug' that a lot of people are addicted to, and can't function without. Video games like World of Warcraft can easily be, in my opinion, more destructive and addictive for most people than weed, should it be made illegal? (Seriously, I know more people who've flushed their lives down the toilet with WoW than weed for sure.) At this point, I'm not really concerned with arguing you about whether weed use is acceptable or not, since you're obviously not going to change your mind. I'm just curious how your positions extend into other areas.

And this one's really purely out of curiosity, you don't have to answer it of course. How old are you? And are these opinions at all affected by your religion? (I have Mormon friends who won't even touch caffeine, and I'm fine with that.)
( Last edited by phillryu; Jun 25, 2006 at 11:02 AM. )

Stradlater
Professional Poster
Jun 25, 2006, 11:51 AM

Good post, phillryu.
"You rise," he said, "like Aurora."

Kevin
Baninated
Jun 25, 2006, 12:14 PM

I agree, and I am not pro pot.

ANYTHING abused is a bad thing.

I am all about moderation.

It's not the substance that is bad in itself. But those that make it the center of their lives.

jamil5454
Mac Elite
Jun 25, 2006, 12:27 PM

Ok, that's cool. So out of curiosity, disregarding alcohol's legality for a sec here, we all know it's caused way more damage than any other drug on the planet, what's your position on that? Wrong's wrong right? Or does it being legal make it "all right" in your eyes to ignore? Then on the other hand, you call it something that "while abused can produce similar results". So you're saying it's possible to use it without abusing it? I mean, I agree with that, I think lots of people can enjoy a beer or two ocassionally without being an alcoholic in any definition of the word.

And again on the legality, it seems to redeem alcohol for you to some degree, at least to the point of ignoring it. So what if weed's legal, like in Amsterdam? Does that make it OK for them, but we're still hopeless addicts?

How far does it go anyway? Caffeine is a 'drug' that a lot of people are addicted to, and can't function without. Video games like World of Warcraft can easily be, in my opinion, more destructive and addictive for most people than weed, should it be made illegal? (Seriously, I know more people who've flushed their lives down the toilet with WoW than weed for sure.) At this point, I'm not really concerned with arguing you about whether weed use is acceptable or not, since you're obviously not going to change your mind. I'm just curious how your positions extend into other areas.

And this one's really purely out of curiosity, you don't have to answer it of course. How old are you? And are these opinions at all affected by your religion? (I have Mormon friends who won't even touch caffeine, and I'm fine with that.)
Since weed is illegal, the biggest way it's harmful to you is when you get caught with it. It doesn't matter whether the law is wrong or right, you're still going to jail.

I'm not here to bash weed, but I haven't seen any stoners with high ambitions and vitality about life, at least in my group of friends.

And ambush, about your roommates, forget them. I wouldn't worry yourself too much, and not everyone can be your friend. It's ok to make enemies. I personally wouldn't ever live with a homosexual couple though... it just irks me too much in too many different ways.

Ulrich Kinbote
Senior User
Jun 25, 2006, 12:27 PM

wrong is wrong and no matter how much justifying occurs, you cannot change that one little fact.
"Wrong is wrong"? Come on. That's an ipsedixitism that forecloses any rational resolution to the argument. The age of moral relativism doesn't completely leave us without any sense of right and wrong, but it should at least inspire an open-minded reserve about condemning other people's way of life.

Plus it's just completely infantile. ****. I hope you're never my lawyer.

P.S.

Don't smoke pot.

Kevin
Baninated
Jun 25, 2006, 12:32 PM

Hey man where did you go?
Thought I, but I guess
I don't know you
Gave you my heart
You looked to take it apart
Hey man what did you do?
Walked away we weren't through
Last time was a fake shaken head
Now I think it must be said

Hey man
Can't be everybody's friend
Hey man
Can't be everybody's friend

Ulrich Kinbote
Senior User
Jun 25, 2006, 12:33 PM

P.P.S.

My wife just passed me and saw I was replying to a "Gay roommates" thread. That should keep her on her toes.

Kr0nos
Mac Elite
Jun 25, 2006, 12:55 PM

right, you do drugs but your not a drug addict. Denial is not just a river in egypt.
WTF are you talking about? I did drugs for more than ten years (smoking up to 10 joints a day) and never was addicted. One day (11 years ago) I just stoppped cold, and never touched another spliff (or bong) again.

Quitting pot is a lot easier than quitting cigs (or alcohol for that matter).

If I ever decide to pick up doing drugs again, I'll do so - no fu<king matter what anybody thinks.

If I change my way of living, and if I pave my streets with good times, will the mountain keep on giving…

Kevin
Baninated
Jun 25, 2006, 12:58 PM

No aggravation Kronos? No insomnia? None? Really?

You must be Superman.

Just being honest here.

No, not like quitting cigs. You are right about that. (I've done that too) But not as innocent as you make it out to be.

Or you were smoking some crap.

Kr0nos
Mac Elite
Jun 25, 2006, 01:20 PM

Originally Posted by Kevin
No aggravation Kronos? No insomnia? None? Really?
Nope. But I have thought about starting again in the last couple of years.

But not as innocent as you make it out to be.
We're talking about pot here, not smack or blow. People who have a problem with quitting marijuana usually don't want to change their life-style, so they just keep on doing it.

I know some people who started smoking pot when I did and just never quit (some never even slowed down). They all hold jobs, and are (at least some of the time :-D) productive folks.

Of course I can't make any claims on how easy or tough it is for people to quit smoking-up. I'm just relaying what I've experienced. But calling everybody who does pot for recreational purposes a 'drug-addicted' is stupid at best.

If I change my way of living, and if I pave my streets with good times, will the mountain keep on giving…

Kevin
Baninated
Jun 25, 2006, 01:28 PM

Addiction is there. Just not at the same amounts.

THC stores in your fat cells longer. If you are skinny, and have a high metabolism, the release is faster, and you do get a slight withdrawal.

If you are big have fat cells out the yahoo it's not as bad.

But I have yet to meet ANYONE that was a habitual smoker for years not go through some sort of insomnia from it.

Was you also drinking at the time?

Kr0nos
Mac Elite
Jun 25, 2006, 01:38 PM

Addiction is there. Just not at the same amounts.
I guess it all depends on what kind of images the term 'drug-addict' conjures up.

For me at least, there is a world of a difference (especially in terms of physical addiction, the criminal activities involved etc.) between a heroin junky, a crack-addict or somebody who smokes the occasional joint (or, yes, 5-10 joints)

I personally never felt any physical (or psychological) discomfort from quitting (nor do I know of anybody who has)

Was you also drinking at the time?
Also, just recreationally (at parties, on the week-end). It might be possible that had I only done pot and nothing else, I could have experienced some (slight) withdrawal symptoms. Who knows.

stwain2003
Grizzled Veteran
Jun 25, 2006, 01:43 PM

This thread is reallllly pissing me off. Ambush, to be frank, you are the stupidest person on this forum. You know the first sign of not liking someone is not telling them where you can get weed. What jackasses they are. You should be thankful for them not telling you because you are stupid for doing it. Pot users have been so brnainwashed into thinking its okay it scares the crap outta me. It IS in fact bad for your health, as it gives you horrible respiratory symptoms later on. It makes you slow and stupid. You don't recognize it because you are the slow and stupid one. Also, darthvader or whatever his name is is correct. thanks!!
8GB iPhone
Coming Soon: Mac mini Core 2 Duo 2.0Ghz

Ulrich Kinbote
Senior User
Jun 25, 2006, 03:17 PM

When stupid people smoke pot, people blame the pot for their stupidity. But they were stupid to begin with. I met a guy who smoked before exams and often topped the class. I think the detrimental effect on intelligence is overestimated by non-pot-smokers. The effect is there, but it's negligible. As negligible as the "intellectually enhancing" effects of coffee and cigarettes. Caffeine and nicotine might make someone fractionally more focused, but a chain-smoking coffee-guzzling dumass is still gonna be a dumass. Some goes with pot--mutatis mutandis.
( Last edited by Ulrich Kinbote; Jun 25, 2006 at 04:00 PM. )

phillryu
Mac Elite
Jun 25, 2006, 03:59 PM

Originally Posted by stwain2003
This thread is reallllly pissing me off. Ambush, to be frank, you are the stupidest person on this forum. You know the first sign of not liking someone is not telling them where you can get weed. What jackasses they are. You should be thankful for them not telling you because you are stupid for doing it. Pot users have been so brnainwashed into thinking its okay it scares the crap outta me. It IS in fact bad for your health, as it gives you horrible respiratory symptoms later on. It makes you slow and stupid. You don't recognize it because you are the slow and stupid one. Also, darthvader or whatever his name is is correct. thanks!!
I've been working on Jean on software for the Mac, just got back from the bookstore, the magazine iCreate had a two page spread on one of them (Menuet). Jean's the programmer, and he's been anything but slow and stupid with this app's development. Did you accomplish much more than him by his age? (18 or 19?)

EDIT: To make this more clear, the Jean I'm speaking of is ambush.
( Last edited by phillryu; Jun 25, 2006 at 04:45 PM. )

Ulrich Kinbote
Senior User
Jun 25, 2006, 04:02 PM

I've been working on Jean on software for the Mac, just got back from the bookstore, the magazine iCreate had a two page spread on one of them (Menuet). Jean's the programmer, and he's been anything but slow and stupid with this app's development. Did you accomplish much more than him by his age? (18 or 19?)
Is it just me, or would this be a stronger argument if you mentioned that Jean smokes pot?

stwain2003
Grizzled Veteran
Jun 25, 2006, 04:37 PM

yes, i DID accomplish more than him. im only 14 and i have! i haven't smoked pot!!
8GB iPhone
Coming Soon: Mac mini Core 2 Duo 2.0Ghz

Forum Links
Forum Rules