Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > Looking for Application to Organize Text/RTF Documents

Looking for Application to Organize Text/RTF Documents
Douglashh
Mac Enthusiast
Jan 5, 2008, 06:18 PM

Is there an application that I can use to organize various text documents, rtf format, in a way similar to iTunes/iPhoto? Something I organize in various categories on the left and have the document displayed in the window to the right?

I have the feeling I read about some application of this type but cannot for the life of me recall a name or even a category I could search for.

Thanks,

JKT
Professional Poster
Jan 5, 2008, 06:54 PM

Yep (that's the name of the app, not just a positive response ;-). There are other potential apps mentioned in this thread (which was asking about an equivalent app for PDFs):

http://forums.macnn.com/82/applicati...t-pdf-manager/

Douglashh  (op)
Mac Enthusiast
Jan 5, 2008, 08:02 PM

Thanks for the link. I'll check them out but initially they look a bit more sophisticated that what I was looking for. I was looking for something what would be very basic and simple.

brettcamp
Mac Enthusiast
Jan 8, 2008, 12:15 AM

If you don't need lots of features, I'd recommend DevonNote, the cheapest (currently free on MacHeist, I read the other day) of Devon's various info organizers. I used it for a couple of years until I got Scrivener, which is an amazing info organizing and writing app that's currently winning raves everywhere from MacWorld to the New York Times, but it may be more than you need. I've heard of others like EagleFiler (which unlike many of the others doesn't have to import the files into its own format) and Yojimbo but haven't tried them. Let us know what you wind up getting.

Douglashh  (op)
Mac Enthusiast
Jan 8, 2008, 12:19 PM

After checking out all the suggestions I'm leaning towards DevonNote. Looks the closest to what I'm trying to accomplish.

Thanks for all the suggestions.

Forum Links
Forum Rules