Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > mobile me ical sync not working on 1 machine

mobile me ical sync not working on 1 machine
mkral
Mac Enthusiast
Mar 27, 2010, 07:19 PM

I have a mobile me subscription that works perfectly on 2 out of three devices (iphone & mac mini), but my calendars will not sync on my powerbook G4 (running the last version of 10.5). Any ideas as to why the calendars won't sync. I stopped syncing them a few months ago & have spent the last week trying to get them to re-establish the sync with no luck. On the powerbook, syncing calendars is selected in the control panel & if I click on the sync menu tab in the control panel, it shows that the sync is working on calendars, but no data changes on the powerbook. I've tried resetting the sync from mobile me to the laptop, but to no avail. Any other ideas I might have missed?

Thanks in advance,

imitchellg5
Posting Junkie
Mar 28, 2010, 04:38 PM

Try now? Yesterday there were issues with MobileMe syncing followed by maintenance.

mkral  (op)
Mac Enthusiast
Mar 30, 2010, 08:24 AM

Thanks for the suggestion, but it's still not working. I tried it again last night. The weird thing is that all of my other data transfers fine to this machine (bookmarks, contacts, etc), it's just the calendars. I did a complete reset of the data from mobile me to the powerbook, but still no dice.

mkral  (op)
Mac Enthusiast
Mar 30, 2010, 09:30 PM

In the process of trying to get my calendars to sync again, I deleted them from my powerbook (they are still visible from my other two devices). I then did a full reset of my data from my working machine, back to mobile me (sync data reset). Then I clicked on the popup boxes that showed up on my powerbook asking if I wanted to replace data or merge it during the first sync, I chose to replace all data on the powerbook. Now, when I open iCal, all of my calendars are gone. Is there any way to get shared calendars to show up again on a machine, once you have deleted them? They still show up just fine on my other two devices, so they are still there, just not visible on the powerbook,

Thanks,

Forum Links
Forum Rules