Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Desktops > G3 imac dual boot help...?

G3 imac dual boot help...?
dr benway
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 5, 2006, 11:16 AM

Hello

I've recently got hold of a refurbished G3 imac. (400mhz, 512mb, 40gHD running OSX Tiger)

Anyway, I've want to use an old version of Cubase VST and I've been informed by a few people that just installing OS9 and using Classic mode won't really cut it if I want to get the best out of the music software, and that the best thing to do is to get hold of a proper version of OS9.2 and set up the machine so it's dual-boot, with both OSX and OS9.2

I have absolutely no idea how to go about doing this... Is it pretty straight forward to do?
If anyone could point me in the direction of a step-by-step guide on how to do this, I'd be very grateful! Or if anyone can simply tell me what I need to do, that'd be great too.

Preferably in layman/retard/baby-language so my non-techie brain can understand!

Thanks in advance for any help!

Forum Links
Forum Rules