Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Political/War Lounge > MacNN Voting Poll

View Poll Results: Who did you vote for?
Poll Options:
Bush 25 votes (25.77%)
Kerry 63 votes (64.95%)
Nader 2 votes (2.06%)
"Other" 4 votes (4.12%)
Didn't vote 3 votes (3.09%)
Voters: 97. You may not vote on this poll
MacNN Voting Poll (Page 2)
Logic
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 2, 2004, 04:59 PM

Originally posted by MacNStein:
"Many" are dual citizens? Funny. I doubt that, very seriously.
If I heard correctly about 250k Israelis are dual citizens and have the right to vote in these elections. Haven't heard about other countries but I'd guess there are many.

"If Bush says we hate freedom, let him tell us why we didn't attack Sweden, for example. OBL 29th oct

itai195
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 2, 2004, 05:01 PM

Yes Israelis can get dual citizenship. So what?

Logic
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 2, 2004, 05:04 PM

Originally posted by itai195:
Yes Israelis can get dual citizenship. So what?
Nothing. But if 250k Israelis have dual citizenship I'd guess quite many in Europe and other places around the world also have dual citizenship. No need to worry about any anti-semitism or anti-Israeli propaganda here. I just heard this stat and thought I'd share it with you guys since MacNStein seemed to be claiming few had dual citizenship.

"If Bush says we hate freedom, let him tell us why we didn't attack Sweden, for example. OBL 29th oct

itai195
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 2, 2004, 05:07 PM

Ah okay. I would've highlighted a much more prominent minority group personally, but eh. I was about to point out to MacNStein that I've got dual citizenship and I voted

Shaddim
Clinically Insane
Nov 2, 2004, 05:17 PM

Originally posted by itai195:
Ah okay. I would've highlighted a much more prominent minority group personally, but eh. I was about to point out to MacNStein that I've got dual citizenship and I voted
Yes, but the vast majority of MacNNers who are European or Canadian, who are in support of Kerry (or anti-Bush), do not.

And, I have dual citizenship too, in Cuba, surprisingly enough. No, it's not recognized by the US, but it is recognized by Cuba... odd, but true.
"Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it."
- Thomas Paine

Logic
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 2, 2004, 05:19 PM

Originally posted by MacNStein:
Yes, but the vast majority of MacNNers who are European or Canadian, who are in support of Kerry (or anti-Bush), do not.
You don't think that they vote?

nredman
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 2, 2004, 05:43 PM

just voted, walked in and walked out. there was people there but no lines at all. i was surprised they didnt check my id or anything, just asked my name and let me vote.

"I'm for anything that gets you through the night, be it prayer, tranquilizers, or a bottle of Jack Daniel's."

davidflas
Mac Elite
Nov 2, 2004, 05:45 PM

I voted for Kerry this morning... I was the 196th voter that my polling place. My id wasn't checked either, that was a surprise.
2.7Ghz 15" Mid 2012 MBP 16GB RAM 7.2k 750GB HD anti-glare display|64GB iPad4 ATT LTE|

MindFad
Posting Junkie
Nov 2, 2004, 06:39 PM

This poll is totally scientific!

Mrjinglesusa  (op)
Professional Poster
Nov 2, 2004, 07:20 PM

Originally posted by MindFad:
This poll is totally scientific!
If people would just click their vote and stop starting all these side discussions it would be a lot better. But I guess that was too much to ask.

Forum Links
Forum Rules