Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Battlestar Galactica [SPOILERS]

Battlestar Galactica [SPOILERS] (Page 46)
Dark Helmet
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 25, 2007, 04:00 PM

Ok I watched the last 2 episodes and picked up some interesting info.

First, the humans are interested in the temple only because it can lead to earth. They are not interested in the references to "Five" in any way. Same with the Cylons, they are only there to find earth. It is ONLY Baltar and D'Anna that are after the final 5 Cylons secretly.

Roslin reads the text of "The temple was built for 5 priest devoted to the ones who's name CANNOT BE SPOKEN".

Interesting because the Cylons think of the 5 remaining Cylons as "The ones whos name cannot be spoken".

So they human scriptures speak of "The ONE" that can't be talked about, while the Cylons speak of "The Five" unspeakable ones.

Also if it wasn't obvious enough already the writers are getting at the humans Gods and religion are directly related to the Cylons single god. D'Anna also says "Is it possible there is a connection between their GodS and ours?". Before the Cylons thought the humans Gods were blasphemy and wrong but now think that it is all part of the same thing. At least D'Anna does/did.

Another interesting thing is the only real clues regarding the 5 Cylons being shown to the chosen one is coming from Baltars interpretation of what the Hybrid said. "The Hand in the shadows". Baltar was the one who interpreted "hand" must mean "five", he could be wrong.

It is also possible that they are just unintentionally projecting what they want to see. D'Anna was so convinced she would see 5 Cylons in the temple it could be just she saw what she wanted or it unlocked some memories she already had of them.

"She's gone from suck to blow!"

goMac
Posting Junkie
Jan 25, 2007, 04:10 PM

Originally Posted by RAILhead View Post
I figured it was about time for another pic of Tricia
Is it just me or is she kinda flat?
8 Core 2.8 ghz Mac Pro/GF8800/2 23" Cinema Displays, 3.06 ghz Macbook Pro
Once you wanted revolution, now you're the institution, how's it feel to be the man?

Dark Helmet
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 25, 2007, 04:17 PM

Originally Posted by goMac View Post
She is but you see that quite often now on many of the top models. Big boobs aren't as in as they used to be.

Millennium
Clinically Insane
Jan 25, 2007, 04:21 PM

Originally Posted by Dark Helmet View Post
Also if it wasn't obvious enough already the writers are getting at the humans Gods and religion are directly related to the Cylons single god. D'Anna also says "Is it possible there is a connection between their GodS and ours?". Before the Cylons thought the humans Gods were blasphemy and wrong but now think that it is all part of the same thing. At least D'Anna does/did.
D'Anna did, but D'Anna is known to be a heretic relative to the Cylon faith. While the others may believe slightly different things from the orthodoxy, it's unlikely that many of them share the same beliefs as D'Anna.

Now, here's an interesting point. Leoben believes that the Hybrid is a kind of oracle: the things she says, according to him, come directly from the Cylon God. If that's the case, then why isn't a Leoben standing by recording every thing the Hybrid says? Or perhaps there is one, and we just haven't seen his reaction to all of this yet. He's supposed to be the mystic of the bunch, so where has he been?
You are in Soviet Russia. It is dark. Grue is likely to be eaten by YOU!

Dark Helmet
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 25, 2007, 04:28 PM

Originally Posted by Millennium View Post
Now, here's an interesting point. Leoben believes that the Hybrid is a kind of oracle: the things she says, according to him, come directly from the Cylon God. If that's the case, then why isn't a Leoben standing by recording every thing the Hybrid says?
What I was wondering if he is so attached to Starbuck why would he stand there while they all talked about destroying galactica and not say a peep?

RAILhead
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 25, 2007, 04:39 PM

It's not how big they are, it's how they use them.
"Everything's so clear to me now: I'm the keeper of the cheese and you're the lemon merchant. Get it? And he knows it.
That's why he's gonna kill us. So we got to beat it. Yeah. Before he let's loose the marmosets on us."
my bandmy web sitemy guitar effectsmy photosfacebookbrightpoint

reader50
Administrator
Jan 25, 2007, 05:16 PM

Did anyone notice the picture in the article of the final 5 without fancy light effects?

http://featuresblogs.chicagotribune....ed/rapture.jpg

Think those are the real actors for the final 5?
Doubtful. Recall the pic of Tie's wife in the Miniseries. The pic used a standin; it didn't get cast until they needed her to act. There was also a pic of President Adar hanging on a wall in an earlier episode. It turned out to be David Eike in heavy makeup. They didn't cast Adar until they needed him in Epiphanies.
WOW! Looks like 2 women, 3 men. The last 2 on the right sorta look like Starbuck and Lee though.
If the Cylons designed an equal number of male & female models, the Final Five would have three females and two males. However, they picked a female for the Hybrid, so I'm not sure how that balanced out. Maybe the Raiders are males, to balance the Hybrid.

Notes from D'Anna's Rapture.

The five figures are not present when she first steps in. They're only there after she turns around.

She only looks closely at four of them. No recognition reaction until she hits the fourth.
"You. Forgive me, I ... I had no idea."

She never checks out the last one, which would be the one on her far left upon arrival.

Since she only recognized one of them, with an unknown remaining, then two (at most) of the people she's met could be Cylons. That limits things a lot, since she presumably knows most of the higher-level Human staff on sight. Through photographs if not personal experience. She would certainly know Admiral Adama on sight, as well as Helo, and many others who weren't on New Caprica. Intelligence photos.
( Last edited by reader50; Jan 25, 2007 at 05:29 PM. )

goMac
Posting Junkie
Jan 25, 2007, 05:46 PM

Originally Posted by reader50 View Post
Since she only recognized one of them, with an unknown remaining, then two (at most) of the people she's met could be Cylons. That limits things a lot, since she presumably knows most of the higher-level Human staff on sight. Through photographs if not personal experience. She would certainly know Admiral Adama on sight, as well as Helo, and many others who weren't on New Caprica. Intelligence photos.
I think it would have to be someone on New Caprica. Her "forgive me" line implies she had direct contact with the person.
Once you wanted revolution, now you're the institution, how's it feel to be the man?

bstone
Mac Elite
Jan 25, 2007, 05:48 PM

I would assume she was apologizing to someone she knew. That can be a lot of people. Adama, Tigh, Doc, Baltar, etc etc etc
Emergency Medicine & Urgent Care.

Dark Helmet
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 25, 2007, 06:23 PM

Originally Posted by reader50 View Post
She only looks closely at four of them. No recognition reaction until she hits the fourth.
I didn't get that from her expressions. She might have recognized some or all but she only felt the need to apologize to one of them.

Who has D'Anna directly ****ed with other than Baltar?

On a weird note remember the wide shot right when D'Anna got boxed that showed a huge room with resurrection bathtubs? If you look closely many of the other tanks had cylons leaning over them tending to someone in it. Did they need mass restocking of skinjobs for some reason?

reader50
Administrator
Jan 25, 2007, 10:18 PM

What nominal Humans has D'Anna butted heads with? Something that might call for an apology?

as the D'Anna unit that later had the Rapture
President Roslin (diplomatic meeting above algae planet)
Admiral Adama (diplomatic meeting above algae planet)
Anders (in collapsed parking garage)
Baltar (New Caprica occupation, torture session)
Felix Gaeta (New Caprica occupation)
Dodona Selloi (The Tent Oracle)
Doc Cottle (New Caprica occupation)
The Hybrid (assorted BaseShip scenes, treated the Hybrid as a non-person)
Duck (NCP graduation; may not have been the same D'Anna)
Bulldog (aboard BaseShip; may not have been the same D'Anna)

as D'Anna Biers, Fleet News Service. This different #3 copy butted heads with people too
Commander Adama (videotape of Sharon)
Colonel Tie (Setup Interview regarding Gideon Massacre)
Apollo (towel scene)
Helo (missing scene, he runs into her outside Sickbay after Hera's death is faked)
Other people were interviewed, but no emotional involvement.

Of those listed above, some cannot be Cylons:
Admiral Adama Dates back to the first war.
Colonel Tie Dates back to the first war.
Apollo Son of a human. Exposed aboard sick BaseShip, did not get sick.
Laura Roslyn Has a past, going back to teaching years ago. Anyone close to the president would have background checks, Roslyn's just been around too long. Also, contracted cancer.
Helo Because Athena is a Cylon, and Hera is a hybrid baby. Hera's hybrid status established by the magic stem-cell blood, which has given the Prez a cancer remission, and innoculated Athena against a plague that kills straight Cylons.
Anders Caught pneumonia. The only disease that bothers Cylons so far is the ancient plague.

Who does that leave?
Baltar
Bulldog
Cottle
Duck
Gaeta
The Hybrid
The Tent Oracle (Dodona Selloi)

Further analysis. The one she recognized could not reasonably be Baltar, The Hybrid, or Gaeta.

"You. Forgive me, I ... I had no idea."

Baltar had been running his suspicion past her for weeks. She certainly had an idea to watch for Baltar's face. Also, she was on a name basis with Baltar and Gaeta, from working with both during seven months of occupation. And she has an established name to call The Hybrid, rather than "you".

Crossing off those three gives a smaller list.
Bulldog
Cottle
Duck
The Tent Oracle (Dodona Selloi)

All of this assumes her response was an apology. If it was just surprise at someone unexpected, that would let more people into the suspect list. Like Starbuck, The Chief, or Tori Foster. People she would recognize, but not be used to calling by name.
( Last edited by reader50; Jan 25, 2007 at 11:04 PM. )

bstone
Mac Elite
Jan 26, 2007, 08:45 AM

Isn't Duck dead? He blew himself up at the NCP graduation ceremony.

I am thinking Doc Cottle or Starbuck. I know we haven't seen a direct Starbuck/D'Anna interaction, but that doesn't mean D'Anna doesn't know who Starbuck is.

Millennium
Clinically Insane
Jan 26, 2007, 10:38 AM

Originally Posted by bstone View Post
Isn't Duck dead? He blew himself up at the NCP graduation ceremony.
I don't think they ever said outright that he was dead, but the whole thing was described repeatedly as a suicide bombing; I think it's pretty clear that he's dead.
I am thinking Doc Cottle or Starbuck. I know we haven't seen a direct Starbuck/D'Anna interaction, but that doesn't mean D'Anna doesn't know who Starbuck is.
Yeah; Starbuck is probably pretty famous (or rather, infamous) among the Cylons. Aside from the rather impressive number of Raiders she's shot down, not to mention the one she reverse-engineered, there's the whole Leoben thing going on.

But that said, what has D'Anna done to Starbuck that she'd be apologizing for? Leoben and Simon certainly have a lot to answer for, but D'Anna hasn't had a chance to interact with Starbuck at all. She's only just barely interacted with any of the major human cast except for Baltar and Hera: there have been a few meetings, but those were strictly on a professional level and didn't break down into violence or anything. Really, the only two humans we can say for sure have ever been directly harmed by D'Anna were Bulldog and Anders.

Ooh; now there's a thought. What if Anders turned out to be a Cylon sleeper?
You are in Soviet Russia. It is dark. Grue is likely to be eaten by YOU!

SirCastor
Professional Poster
Jan 26, 2007, 11:27 AM

I think we're done with Cylon Sleeper agents. I don't think any of the 5 are sleepers, at least not in the sense that we've seen them before.

It seems to me that the remaining Cylons aren't Cylon by affiliation, just by origin.
2008 iMac 3.06 Ghz, 2GB Memory, GeForce 8800, 500GB HD, SuperDrive
8gb iPhone on Tmobile

SirCastor
Professional Poster
Jan 26, 2007, 11:30 AM

Anyone have any thoughts about how Baltar is going to get out of his current situation?
8gb iPhone on Tmobile

reader50
Administrator
Jan 26, 2007, 01:16 PM

Originally Posted by SirCastor View Post
Anyone have any thoughts about how Baltar is going to get out of his current situation?
One method comes to mind. When they open the airlock door.

Balter could become very forthcoming on all the valuable intelligence he's been noting concerning the Cylons. Like the best pillow arrangements.

The one item that would make sense, is to keep him alive in exchange for Number Six actually answering questions about Cylon stuff. But this would blow much of the mystery of the show, so they can't go this way.

My guess is they discover Baltar is the only available witness that the Cavils know something about the Final Five. That makes him a bargaining chip. Either the Cavils give something in exchange for Baltar remaining unavailable to the other models, or they sell the Cavils out to the other models, get another model retired. Decrease the Cylon strength by another 16%.

Dark Helmet
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 26, 2007, 02:02 PM

I think they will have a trial and in the end decide to keep him in a cell because he does have research regarding earths location on top of all the nice inside information about the cylons that he can even make up.

Dark Helmet
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 26, 2007, 02:06 PM

Originally Posted by SirCastor View Post
I think we're done with Cylon Sleeper agents. I don't think any of the 5 are sleepers, at least not in the sense that we've seen them before.

It seems to me that the remaining Cylons aren't Cylon by affiliation, just by origin.
Exactly. I am also thinking. No way are these just run in the mill sleeper Cylons. For all we know they could have lived long ago with Starbuck already being a hybrid and not knowing it.

SirCastor
Professional Poster
Jan 26, 2007, 02:29 PM

Y'know, it didn't occur to me before, but maybe Cavil does have it out for Baltar. Maybe his being on the Baseship blocked the progress of Cavil.
8gb iPhone on Tmobile

Visnaut
Senior User
Jan 27, 2007, 06:02 PM

Here's a crazy notion: what if Cavil is part of, or in some way affiliated with, the final 5?

Perhaps that would explain D'Anna's reaction. Maybe Cavil is working from inside the other 7 (now 6) cylons to covertly represent the interests of the final 5, who may not want their identities to be revealed yet.

It would also provide a reason as to why the D'Anna models were boxed so suddenly after what was arguably a minor infraction.

After all, Athena has broken apart from the other cylons and chosen to live among the humans, but that hasn't caused the other cylons to box her model.

Dark Helmet
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 27, 2007, 08:56 PM

What if the remaining 5 models nobody talks about are just ones that were "boxed" a long while ago for denying god and wanting to live with humans etc. The other Cylons just erased their image from their minds and don't make new bodies for them.

That is why they live "Between life and death" and can be seen when resurrected because they are all in the same mainframe. Also they could be influencing resurrected models in the short time they have in the tank to have acceptance of humans which would explain why 6 defected as well as boomer. Since they hybrid is always in the mainframe she can feel these boxed 5 and is split between following her purpose (to follow orders) and what the truth is with the boxed 5. The conflict drove her nuts while she still tries to leek out important information from the boxed 5.

They must have done something really bad to be boxed and don't want the other Cylons to know about it because it might lead to the same path the boxed 5 took. Much in the same way they programmed the Centurions not to have self awareness because it can lead to rebellion.
( Last edited by Dark Helmet; Jan 27, 2007 at 09:08 PM. )

Chuckit
Clinically Insane
Jan 27, 2007, 09:16 PM

Wow, I like SWG's theory. It's both interesting and believable. I've been trying to figure out why the Cylons would be so afraid of the final five. It doesn't seem to make sense on the face of it. Unless it's just mystery for mystery's sake a la Lost, the idea that the final five are somehow rebels (maybe human sympathizers?) is a good explanation. I remember some of the Cylons wanted Boomer boxed as well because they were worried she had gone too human.
Chuck
___
"Instead of either 'multi-talented' or 'multitalented' use 'bisexual'."

Dark Helmet
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 27, 2007, 10:07 PM

Originally Posted by Chuckit View Post
Wow, I like SWG's theory. It's both interesting and believable. I've been trying to figure out why the Cylons would be so afraid of the final five. It doesn't seem to make sense on the face of it. Unless it's just mystery for mystery's sake a la Lost, the idea that the final five are somehow rebels (maybe human sympathizers?) is a good explanation. I remember some of the Cylons wanted Boomer boxed as well because they were worried she had gone too human.
Notice how some Cylons are super religious like: Boomer, 6 and Leoben while some are very agnostic like Cavil and Doral.

The religious ones think "God has a plan" while Cavil and Doral are "Kill all humans". It is a nice balance so far or all the humans will be dead long ago.

Perhaps whoevers master plan is to get hybrid children living on earth as the new dawn of man for whatever reason. The ONLY way to get humans and Cylon to cross bread is by force. So the situations were created i.e. Cylons can't breed on their own, Athena and Helo etc. Next they need this new race to get to earth so they made one race chase the other while they both follow a religious path. On the way they need to find some common ground or peace or they will not both happily live on earth.

They are both following a religion which are different but have the same goal. Hybrids on earth. A religion was drilled into the humans and a religion was also drilled into the Cylons.

No religion and nobody would be looking for earth. Yet somehow two totally different religions have the same goal.

Wiskedjak
Posting Junkie
Jan 28, 2007, 12:00 AM

I'm agreeing with some of SWG's theory, but not all. It does appear that the final 5 are influencing events, and possibly through the resurrection cycle. However, I don't think they are rebel, or boxed, models. If they are, then why do none of the others know who they are (with the possible exception of Cavil, who either knows, or doesn't want to know)? I think the only reason the Cylons don't speak of them is because they know nothing about them and are seriously disturbed by that.

No, I think the final 5 date back to at least when the 13th tribe departed. I also think they are some sort of bridge between the Cylons and the Humans, perhaps through their religions. We're already beginning to see some connections between the Cylon and Human religions with the temple. I also think the final 5 will be found with the humans, influencing Human actions through well placed, but not decision-making roles (ie: the doctor) and influencing Cylon actions through resurrection.

If I were to make a guess right now, I'd say the final 5 are Human/Cylon hybrids from the 13th colony.

The problem I have with this guess, though, is the issue of model numbers. We know of 7 models. Of those 7, we only know the model numbers of 4 (3, 5, 6, 8). We don't yet know model numbers for Simon, Leoben, or Cavil. If the final 5 predated all others, they should be models 1-5, but with the models we know of, their model numbers must either bracket the knowns, or be mixed among them. In either case, looking only at model numbers, it would appear that at least some of the F5 were made after the known models.

This would seem to support much of SWG's theory, but begs the question of why the known models don't know who the F5 are. Possible explanation would be that the identity was purged from their memory, but that would be too convenient ... not to mention disappointing.

On the final hand, the F5 could simply be an unresolvable plot item meant to drive us nuts (such as with X-Files and Lost). If it begins to appear that BSG is messing with us like that, I'll probably loose interest in the show, just as I didn't with X-Files and Lost.

ThinkInsane
Moderator Emeritus
Jan 28, 2007, 01:04 AM

Moore said in the podcast that the Xena model was the first model of Cylon to be boxed, so that theory doesn't hold up. He also implied that the Al's know more about the final five than the other models do. And he said there was an Al for every Xena in the resurrection chamber (for whoever mentioned people bending over the other tanks at the end of the show).
Nemo me impune lacesset

SirCastor
Professional Poster
Jan 28, 2007, 12:01 PM

Originally Posted by ThinkInsane View Post
Moore said in the podcast that the Xena model was the first model of Cylon to be boxed, so that theory doesn't hold up. He also implied that the Al's know more about the final five than the other models do. And he said there was an Al for every Xena in the resurrection chamber (for whoever mentioned people bending over the other tanks at the end of the show).
By Al I'm assuming that you're talking about Dean Stockwell, AKA Bro. Cavil.

So much for the Boxing of the F5 theory. Someone mentioned the idea though that they were Human sympathizers. After thinking about that, I found it interesting that there are 7 cylons. A bare majority for a vote...
8gb iPhone on Tmobile

Dark Helmet
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 28, 2007, 12:36 PM

The Hybird did say "Sins to be revealed to those who enter the temple. Only to the chosen one".

SINS? Are these 5 Cylons something that were sinned against or did these Cylons commit major sins to put them where they are now?

Chuckit
Clinically Insane
Jan 28, 2007, 02:34 PM

The Hybird did say "Sins to be revealed to those who enter the temple. Only to the chosen one".

SINS? Are these 5 Cylons something that were sinned against or did these Cylons commit major sins to put them where they are now?
Xena did ask one of the five to forgive her, so apparently they were somehow sinned against.
Chuck
___

Dark Helmet
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 28, 2007, 03:09 PM

I know we were all thinking if this is something they made up for the last episode and hope we didn't check.

Well the buggers plan ahead I tell you. They made Starbuck (Katie) actually paint theses pictures and she commented on how she didn't know what it meant at the time when shot (season 2).

Notice that weird symbol in the middle of the circle. The same thing is in her other painting as well as the images D'Anna the Cylon drew of the images of the 5 she was seeing.

Notice in that picture the dark figure and the top right as 5 lines (the final five) and 5 letter A's under it. It also has that little squiggle all over it.

This is D'Anna's sketch. 5 figures looking over several beings. To me those dark shadows look like Cylons leaning over resurrection tanks. In this one they look happy and you can clearly see there are 2 dominant ones. A woman that looks like a nun and a man with a beard and distinct hairline. In other pictures they same bunch were at the bottom and screaming. Kinda like first these 5 created life and later they tried to destroy the creators. "All of this has happened before and will again".

The squiggle looks like the symbol of Taurus.

Taurus, the Bull - April 20 - May 20
Quality - Fixed - Fixed signs are stubborn, determined, tenacious, strong-willed, intense, reliable and unmoving. Your tendency is to hold on to what you have and resist change.

Element - Earth - Can be steady, reliable, practical, down-to-earth, businesslike, loyal, hardworking, precise or materialistic, ruthless, critical, overly serious, stubborn and self-righteous.

That sounds like Starbuck in a nutshell.

End of Nerd.
( Last edited by Dark Helmet; Jan 28, 2007 at 03:21 PM. )

Visnaut
Senior User
Jan 28, 2007, 10:05 PM

Wow, any doubts I may have had over the production team knowing where they were taking the show have been erased by that.

They definitely have a rather clear direction if they had the foresight to paint details of a future plot point onto the wall of a set that would be taken down long before said plot points would appear in the series.

RAILhead
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 29, 2007, 12:29 AM

So Felix has a secret....
"Everything's so clear to me now: I'm the keeper of the cheese and you're the lemon merchant. Get it? And he knows it.
That's why he's gonna kill us. So we got to beat it. Yeah. Before he let's loose the marmosets on us."

Dark Helmet
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 29, 2007, 12:49 AM

My lord that was incredible.

One thing though. Why did this prove that Baltar was NOT one of the five?

Stogieman
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 29, 2007, 12:53 AM

Notice in that picture the dark figure and the top right as 5 lines (the final five) and 5 letter A's under it. It also has that little squiggle all over it.
That's just the producers giving a nod to the Dirk Benedict (the guy who played Starbuck in the original series). The five A's represent the A-Team (another popular TV series starring Dirk Benedict.) You're probably thinking, "Wait a minute, I thought the A-Team only had 4 members?" Wrong. Very few people know this but early on the A-Team did have a fifth member (just like the Beatles). As you can see from the drawing above, that member was obviously the Incredible Hulk.

Seriously folks, move along. There's nothing to see here. It's just Dark Helmet and another one of his crazy-ass theories.

Slick shoes?! Are you crazy?!

goMac
Posting Junkie
Jan 29, 2007, 01:43 AM

Ok. I just thought of this. It looks like Kara might be the chosen one. Which would mean Baltar is not. Which would mean the Six in his head is not "an angel of god". Which means she represents a competing party with a competing agenda.

Hm.

Dark Helmet
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 29, 2007, 02:31 AM

Ok. I just thought of this. It looks like Kara might be the chosen one. Which would mean Baltar is not. Which would mean the Six in his head is not "an angel of god". Which means she represents a competing party with a competing agenda.

Hm.
Ya I was also thinking this seems to be another battle being fought on a level we can't see yet.

goMac
Posting Junkie
Jan 29, 2007, 03:13 AM

Anyone else think this is the end of Baltar? I don't see how he's going to get out of this one, and I don't think he has much of a future.

Also, why no sign of the Baltar in Six's head still?

Also, we don't know what he whispered in Gaeta's ear.

Dale Sorel
Mac Elite
Jan 29, 2007, 03:28 AM

Originally Posted by Stogieman View Post
Seriously folks, move along. There's nothing to see here. It's just Dark Helmet and another one of his crazy-ass theories.

Chuckit
Clinically Insane
Jan 29, 2007, 04:13 AM

Anyone else think this is the end of Baltar? I don't see how he's going to get out of this one, and I don't think he has much of a future.
Nah, Baltar's scrappy. He's going to survive to **** things up again.
Chuck
___

Buckaroo
Professional Poster
Jan 29, 2007, 04:20 AM

So what do you think the story is on Gaeta's actions? What do you think Baltar whispered to him?

Gaeta's atempt on Baltars life was a very strange twist.

On top of that, Gaeta glanced up at the camera in the ceiling, almost as if he wanted to warn Baltar. One stupid thing, the camera did not have to extend below the bars. It could have been desgised within an airduct a foot above the bars. That whole thing with the camera was stupid.

andi*pandi
Jan 29, 2007, 09:58 AM

I think Baltar could have whispered "la la la la, banana sandwiches" to Gaita, his purpose was to discredit him and instill doubt in Roslin and Adama. This will tie back into the "Gaita was a traitor" storyline from early this season.

Eug
Clinically Insane
Jan 29, 2007, 10:30 AM

One thing though. Why did this prove that Baltar was NOT one of the five?
It didn't, which is one reason I found yesterday's episode annoying. Another is that floating in water bit again (Apollo).

Dark Helmet
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 29, 2007, 11:24 AM

Originally Posted by andi*pandi View Post
I think Baltar could have whispered "la la la la, banana sandwiches" to Gaita, his purpose was to discredit him and instill doubt in Roslin and Adama. This will tie back into the "Gaita was a traitor" storyline from early this season.
Whatever he said was enough to make Gaita want to kill him though. You also have to wonder why he went to visit him the first time out of the blue. He probably wanted to either talk about the secret or kill him.

goMac
Posting Junkie
Jan 29, 2007, 11:41 AM

Originally Posted by Eug View Post
It didn't, which is one reason I found yesterday's episode annoying. Another is that floating in water bit again (Apollo).
Actually it did. Baltar died and was not downloaded. The only reason he survived was because they did CPR on him.

(Which I suppose raises the question of, if you do CPR on a Cylon after they download...)

exca1ibur
Mac Elite
Jan 29, 2007, 12:15 PM

Actually it did. Baltar died and was not downloaded. The only reason he survived was because they did CPR on him.

(Which I suppose raises the question of, if you do CPR on a Cylon after they download...)
Thing is, couldn't it have been just him just tripping out. The same scene happened when they had him on the drugged out interrogation with the kids surrounding the chamber. Also could Baltar have whispered to Gaita that he knew he was one of the five? Seeing how its suppose to be a big secret, that might be a reason to kill for.

On another note, I hope this is the last of the damn love triangle.

RAILhead
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 29, 2007, 12:21 PM

In the interrogation scene, there was only water in the res tank -- not Cylon slime.

Eug
Clinically Insane
Jan 29, 2007, 12:27 PM

I interpreted it as his being close to death, but not totally dead.

andi*pandi
Jan 29, 2007, 12:29 PM

me too.
( Last edited by andi*pandi; Jan 29, 2007 at 12:48 PM. Reason: mixed up scenes)

Severed Hand of Skywalker
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 29, 2007, 12:33 PM

I don't know if that is total proof though. The visions he was having because of his hanging could have been a couple things.

First, he might have just been hallucinating as he suffocated himself with the hanging and was resuscitated before he was brain dead. This happens to people all the time and many mention out of body type experiences.

Second all those visions he had could have been because he was actually in the process of downloading and in partly in the mainframe when they resuscitated him.

Anyway, I don't think he is a Cylon but there still is something very special about him.

On a side note.. remember the glowing spine 6 had during sex in the pilot? Is this the only time we saw it happen or did it happen with Boomer/cheif or any 6 baltar/D'Anna sex scenes?
What I am wondering is if it is normal or a one time occurrence. Perhaps 6 doesn't even know she turns into a night-light with sex. Could this be where Baltar got his projection abilities either on purpose or by accident?

"Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh"

Biggysteve
Forum Regular
Jan 29, 2007, 01:13 PM

Originally Posted by Severed Hand of Skywalker View Post
On a side note.. remember the glowing spine 6 had during sex in the pilot? Is this the only time we saw it happen or did it happen with Boomer/cheif or any 6 baltar/D'Anna sex scenes?
What I am wondering is if it is normal or a one time occurrence. Perhaps 6 doesn't even know she turns into a night-light with sex. Could this be where Baltar got his projection abilities either on purpose or by accident?
We also saw the glowing spine when Helo slipped the sausage to Sharon on Caprica in the first season. Highly doubtful that this is where Gaius got his projection abilities, since Helo seems just fine. One thing that has always irked me about the glowing spine gimmick was as to whether or not Baltar was able to go doggy style on Caprica Six before the attack without noticing. How does a seductive sex kitten of such high caliber manage to avoid that position for three years?

bstone
Mac Elite
Jan 29, 2007, 01:16 PM

In the event of asystole and download of a Cylon, any successful attempts at resuscitation would only bring back the body, but not the mind. I would liken it to a brain-dead patient. Kept alive by machines.

Forum Links
Forum Rules