Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Mexico: Puerto Vallarata - Recommendations

Mexico: Puerto Vallarata - Recommendations
freudling
Banned
Dec 6, 2009, 07:03 AM

Well, never been to Mexico, but I know Americans are expert travellers to there, and many Americans participate in these forums...

Any recommendations? Going for Christmas and New Years. Myself and a buddy. Single we are.

The Godfather
Addicted to MacNN
Dec 6, 2009, 10:43 AM

I recommend getting separate hotel rooms, unless you want to sleep with your buddy. Is this buddy hot, yet in your league?

I recommend to only drink bottled watter.

Also, go out to the real Mexico, not the sanitized tourist area. Participate in the (if any) city's Christmas parade, and Misa del Gallo. Find out if firecrackers are legal and torch some yourself.

Also, don't go on my advice alone. Get some from individuals who are actually familiar with Mexico.

Captain Obvious
Professional Poster
Dec 6, 2009, 04:41 PM

Originally Posted by The Godfather View Post
Also, go out to the real Mexico, not the sanitized tourist area.

Also, don't go on my advice alone. Get some from individuals who are actually familiar with Mexico.

That's like saying that one should make en effort to discover Americana while visiting Vegas or Orlando. One goes to places like PV to lay on the beach and drink at Senor Frogs not for some sort of genuine cultural experience.
Its a giant resort. Although its not as modern as Cancun or Acapulco its still all just as manufactured. That's the entire point.

OP should just jump on a party package so you can be around other visiting tourists and go to events that cater to your experience since there will be a larger percentage of Mexicans there on holiday than normal.

Barack Obama: Four more years of the Carter Presidency

Forum Links
Forum Rules