Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > Spilled water on my MacBook Pro

Spilled water on my MacBook Pro
Sketcher
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 31, 2011, 08:54 PM

I just accidentally spilled a glass of water on my MacBook Pro. As soon as it happened, the screen went blank and the first thing I did was immediately pull out the power cable. I wiped up as much of the water as I could with paper towels then turned it upside down to let the water leak out of the keyboard. Then I took out the battery (which surprisingly wasn't that wet). It's still sitting upside now with the screen open and the battery is still out.

I'm afraid of putting the battery back in and turning it on because I don't know how wet it still is inside. I'll be away for the next couple if days so I'm thinking about letting it continue to air out upside down until Thursday night. Would it be safe to try turning it on by then? What are my chances of it working properly?

abbaZaba
Mac Elite
Jun 1, 2011, 02:58 AM

You should have flipped it and taken the battery out immediately. Let it air dry for as long as possible. At least a week

OreoCookie
Jun 1, 2011, 03:37 AM

This is a frequently asked question. That's why we have a sticky thread. Please use that for discussion Closing …
I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

Forum Links
Forum Rules