Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > Netscape Communicator 4.5: Change email server

Netscape Communicator 4.5: Change email server
Hans M Aus
Forum Regular
Jan 20, 2003, 01:45 PM

How do I change a user's email server in Netscape Communicator 4.5?

The complication is that the person who set up the Mac is on extended medical leave and I don't use Netscape.

In Netscape Communicator preferences, I'm unable to either ADD a new email server or modify the user account on the existing entry.
Cheers, Hans M. Aus, Würzburg,

sdagley
Jan 20, 2003, 10:47 PM

Originally posted by Hans M Aus:
In Netscape Communicator preferences, I'm unable to either ADD a new email server or modify the user account on the existing entry.
Communicator 4.5 doesn't support multiple e-mail accounts. I'd suggest you install Netscape 7.01 which should import the user's 4.x profile and will allow multiple e-mail accounts. Or at least update to Communicator 4.8, not that it supports multiple e-mail accounts though, as 4.5 was released in the summer of 1998. And back up the user's Profile directory before you try anything in case something doesn't work the way you expected.

Hans M Aus  (op)
Forum Regular
Jan 20, 2003, 11:16 PM

I'd rather not install anything, including Netscape 7, on this iMac.

When I try to EDIT the e-mail server in Netscape preferences, why can't I access the user account name. The user name is different on the new e-mail server.
Cheers, Hans M. Aus, Würzburg,

Forum Links
Forum Rules