Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Consumer Hardware & Components > Best 17" digital LCD?

Best 17" digital LCD?
Mark N
Dedicated MacNNer
Aug 1, 2002, 03:00 PM

I've got a 15" KDS Rad-5. It looked fine until I connected a 15" Apple LCD up beside it. The Apple display is much sharper and brighter. I'm sure a lot of this comes from the digital connection as opposed to the analog KDS.

Does anyone have a preference on the best 17" digitial. Apple or Formac? Others?

Paul Huang
Mac Enthusiast
Aug 1, 2002, 07:30 PM

Formac uses cheesy material and the plastic is flimsy. Display itself is not much better than Apple's. Apple's 17" is just as good as any other company's top-end TFT.

Your girlfriend is just fine until the next one comes along.

himself
Mac Elite
Aug 3, 2002, 02:57 AM

Originally posted by Paul Huang
Formac uses cheesy material and the plastic is flimsy. Display itself is not much better than Apple's. Apple's 17" is just as good as any other company's top-end TFT.

Your girlfriend is just fine until the next one comes along.
While the material may be somewhat "flimsy" (it's much sturdier than most displays), the display is the best quality that I've seen, including apple's 17 inch LCD... the best option would be for you to compare them for yourself.

Forum Links
Forum Rules