Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > Weird Firefox issue w/ Flash

Weird Firefox issue w/ Flash
authorized
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 22, 2006, 07:03 AM

Hi,

I was just wondering if anyone else experienced this issue with Firefox (I'm running 2.0 RC3 on a 2GHz Core Duo iMac)...

Pretty much whenever I right click on a flash thing embedded on a webpage (such as a flash game, youtube video, google video, etc) the movie/game/whatever will stop playing entirely and any movie controls will become unresponsive. After a few seconds, Firefox itself will crash. I've tested this in Safari and it doesn't happen there so I'm assuming it's a Firefox thing vs a Flash thing.

Anyone else ever have this happen? Is there any way to fix this? It usually happens at the most inopportune times too, like 3/4 of the way though a movie clip I'm watching I'll accidentally right click somewhere in the frame and poof, there goes Firefox

nbnz
Senior User
Oct 22, 2006, 12:22 PM

Have you tried trashing your Flash Player preferences (~/Library/Preferences/Macromedia/Flash Player)?

Also make sure you have the latest Intel build of Flash : Direct Link (http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/get...osx_ub.dmg.zip)

I'm running the same version of Firefox on the same iMac without problems.
iMac, Intel Core-Duo 2GHz, 2GB, 250GB, OS X 10.4
PowerBook 12", 867MHz, 640MB, 60GB, OS X 10.4
iMac G3, 333MHz, 288MB, 6GB, OS X 10.3
iPods: 3G iPod, 1G mini, 1G shuffle, 2G nano

authorized  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 22, 2006, 03:57 PM

Originally Posted by nbnz View Post
Have you tried trashing your Flash Player preferences (~/Library/Preferences/Macromedia/Flash Player)?

Also make sure you have the latest Intel build of Flash : Direct Link (http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/get...osx_ub.dmg.zip)

I'm running the same version of Firefox on the same iMac without problems.
Thanks for the suggestions. I just did all that but the issue remains. I guess I'll just have to live with it and be extra careful when right clicking around embedded flash stuff on a page.

Forum Links
Forum Rules