Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Our Archives > General Archives > Delicious Monster > Descriptions from Amazon

Descriptions from Amazon
PeterSmith44
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 8, 2008, 10:48 AM

If I set my preferences to getting info amazon.com, I get the full prose description of the book from amazon entered into the library. If I set my preferences to amazon.co.uk, I get the routine publication details but don't get the prose description of the book. Anyone any idea why and how to correct this? Thanks!

PeterSmith44  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 8, 2008, 05:29 PM

Just discovered that you get the same phenomenon importing data from (i) amazon.co.uk versus (ii) amazon.com into Bookpedia -- in case (i) you don't get the descriptive data, and in case (ii) you do. So it isn't a specifically Delicious issue.

CaptainHaddock
Grizzled Veteran
Feb 9, 2008, 01:13 AM

What I hate is that you can't just tell DL to get data from another Amazon, unless you re-create the book all over again.

(Apparently, this isn't fixed in DL2 either.)

Forum Links
Forum Rules