Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > irssi themes

irssi themes
entiZ
Sep 3, 2003, 07:53 PM

ok i tried loading a few themes for irssi and i'm not having much luck. i'm using the tcsh terminal and i had a few colors set from the get go... so how do i disable the tcsh colors and load the irssi themes?

yes i'm new to irssi

thanks for the help

ibook | 800 | 640

entiZ  (op)
Sep 10, 2003, 12:50 PM

did i post this in the wrong forum or do ppl just not talk/use irssi much?

ibook | 800 | 640

Moonray
Mac Elite
Sep 10, 2003, 11:23 PM

Originally posted by entiZ:
did i post this in the wrong forum or do ppl just not talk/use irssi much?
I believe to know that irssi is an IRC client, but that's only because I once made a list of IRC clients, but don't ask me if it is a text- or GUI-based client. I think most people use BitchX or XChat for Unix IRCing though there are more than 50 Unix IRC clients.

The way you ask lets me think it runs in the terminal, so what is a theme there? Just different colors for channel, private, server, or other messages?

However, you say you want to disable tcsh colors. My tcsh comes pretty monochrome, maybe you can elaborate a bit more and some people can help better.

-

darkcore
Dedicated MacNNer
Sep 11, 2003, 01:39 AM

I use irssi alot but I haven't messed with irssi themes but I think I know what the problem is. I'm not sure how to do it in Terminal but in iTerm, iterm.sourceforge.net, I created a new Bookmark for irssi and set the terminal type to "xterm-color". After doing this, the default irssi theme should have a blue bar at the top in the topic's background , the status bar should have a blue background, etc.

entiZ  (op)
Sep 11, 2003, 12:43 PM

Originally posted by darkcore:
I use irssi alot but I haven't messed with irssi themes but I think I know what the problem is. I'm not sure how to do it in Terminal but in iTerm, iterm.sourceforge.net, I created a new Bookmark for irssi and set the terminal type to "xterm-color". After doing this, the default irssi theme should have a blue bar at the top in the topic's background , the status bar should have a blue background, etc.
Can that be done in the terminal that comes with osx or do i need to download iTerm?

ibook | 800 | 640

Forum Links
Forum Rules