Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > New MacBook Pro Questions... before purchasing 15" or 17" Please help!

New MacBook Pro Questions... before purchasing 15" or 17" Please help! (Page 2)
mduell
Posting Junkie
May 15, 2011, 03:43 PM

Originally Posted by Waragainstsleep View Post
Anyone know if there are plans to do TCP/IP over thunderbolt?
I doubt natively; Thunderbolt is just a way to expose a PCIe bus at an external location. So you'd just slap a PCIe-Ethernet interface in dongle for networking.

Spheric Harlot
Clinically Insane
May 15, 2011, 04:12 PM

Originally Posted by kenna View Post
Thanks, that's strange, I guess it's because it isn't an LED screen that the glossiness isn't as great.

[...]

Thanks, I'm going with grubby haha and because it isn't LED.
The backlighting is completely irrelevant.

LED vs. CCFL is the difference in technology used to make the display bright. The display tech itself is exactly the same.

BTW, all displays are glossy.
Matte displays are just coated with a non-glossy film at the factory. That film diffuses the reflected light light - but it also diffuses the light from the display, which is why matte displays are slightly less bright and somewhat lower-contrast.

Your old MacBook is just plain glossy, but there is no glass in front of it to protect the surface as on the newer MacBooks Pro, so it doesn't seem *as* reflective.

Ham Sandwich
May 15, 2011, 04:58 PM

What are some tips to maintain better battery life?

I heard that you're never supposed to go below 50%, or that you're always supposed to use the battery (keep the charges moving), are there any real Do-Nots?

Spheric Harlot
Clinically Insane
May 15, 2011, 05:06 PM

Don't worry about it. Just fully discharge/recharge the battery once a month or every two months.

kenna  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
May 15, 2011, 05:50 PM

Originally Posted by Spheric Harlot View Post
The backlighting is completely irrelevant.

LED vs. CCFL is the difference in technology used to make the display bright. The display tech itself is exactly the same.

BTW, all displays are glossy.
Matte displays are just coated with a non-glossy film at the factory. That film diffuses the reflected light light - but it also diffuses the light from the display, which is why matte displays are slightly less bright and somewhat lower-contrast.

Your old MacBook is just plain glossy, but there is no glass in front of it to protect the surface as on the newer MacBooks Pro, so it doesn't seem *as* reflective.
Thanks, the last line makes sense.

Can you explain whether I need to buy something to place an SD card in the MacBook 17"?

Or will it just slot into the express card slot reader?
MacBook Pro 17" 2.2 GHz quad-core, 2x4GB 1333MHz RAM, 750GB Hard Drive, Intel HD Graphics 3000,
AMD Radeon HD 6750M with 1GB GDDR5, Mid 2011

MacBook Air 13" 1.7 GHz dual-core Intel i5, 4GB RAM, 128GB Flash Storage, Intel HD Graphics 3000, Mid 2011
iPhone 4 32 GB, Mid 2010

Spheric Harlot
Clinically Insane
May 15, 2011, 06:09 PM

No, the Express Card slot is for Express Cards.

In order to use an SD card, you need an SD card slot.

Three choices: either just hook up the camera via USB, or buy an ExpressCard SD reader, or buy a USB SD card reader.

SierraDragon
Mac Elite
May 15, 2011, 06:33 PM

BTW, do you know this express card slot 34 card reader? Does it take an SD card? And if so, do I need to buy something in order for it to do so?
EC/34 is a slot. It takes many kinds of adapters but you will probably find a fast Firewire card reader preferable since the SD card is bound to be the limiting factor. Although EC/34 SD card readers exist they are uncommon, so use of EC/34 for reading an SD card is probably overkill at this time on a box with FW available. OTOH if you find an EC/34 to SD adapter at a civilized price go for it.

For a heavy images workflow purchase of fast cards and fast FW card readers instead of USB can provide a very nice speed improvement; personally I swear by it. And cards are getting faster, so using the EC slot makes a lot of sense if you have the appropriate adapter. I used a CF card adapter in the (larger) EC slot of my old TiBook IIRC and it was very convenient.

-Allen
( Last edited by SierraDragon; May 15, 2011 at 06:53 PM. )

Waragainstsleep
Posting Junkie
May 15, 2011, 06:56 PM

Originally Posted by mduell View Post
I doubt natively; Thunderbolt is just a way to expose a PCIe bus at an external location. So you'd just slap a PCIe-Ethernet interface in dongle for networking.
That would be acceptable if it were 10 gigabit ethernet, otherwise it would kind of defeat the object of wanting to do it. It would be nice to transfer data between machines directly using thunderbolt at some point.
I have plenty of more important things to do, if only I could bring myself to do them....

mduell
Posting Junkie
May 16, 2011, 04:57 PM

Originally Posted by SierraDragon View Post
I used a CF card adapter in the (larger) EC slot of my old TiBook IIRC
PC Card

SierraDragon
Mac Elite
May 17, 2011, 10:36 PM

Correction: I used a CF card adapter in the (larger) PC Card slot of my old TiBook.

kenna  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
May 18, 2011, 02:05 PM

EC/34 is a slot. It takes many kinds of adapters but you will probably find a fast Firewire card reader preferable since the SD card is bound to be the limiting factor. Although EC/34 SD card readers exist they are uncommon, so use of EC/34 for reading an SD card is probably overkill at this time on a box with FW available. OTOH if you find an EC/34 to SD adapter at a civilized price go for it.

For a heavy images workflow purchase of fast cards and fast FW card readers instead of USB can provide a very nice speed improvement; personally I swear by it. And cards are getting faster, so using the EC slot makes a lot of sense if you have the appropriate adapter. I used a CF card adapter in the (larger) EC slot of my old TiBook IIRC and it was very convenient.

-Allen
Thanks, these cards aren't cheap are they? Why do Apple offer the EC/34 slot over an SD card reader? All I really want is an SD card reader... I've checked the prices on some of the FireWire ones and at £40+ it's a bit steep for transferring photographs. It's a shame my camera won't upload via the cable that it comes with, otherwise I'd just stick with that. I may have to go with a USB one, but I was hoping with a pro I'd at least see the benefits in transfer rates.

Final question:

What's the best way to transfer my iTunes library music/apps to my new Mac? I have an external hard drive, but can you do anything else that makes it easier?
MacBook Pro 17" 2.2 GHz quad-core, 2x4GB 1333MHz RAM, 750GB Hard Drive, Intel HD Graphics 3000,

MacBook Air 13" 1.7 GHz dual-core Intel i5, 4GB RAM, 128GB Flash Storage, Intel HD Graphics 3000, Mid 2011
iPhone 4 32 GB, Mid 2010

Spheric Harlot
Clinically Insane
May 18, 2011, 06:10 PM

They offer the EC slot over SD because it's a MacBook "Pro".

SD is a consumer standard. Until thunderbolt devices and adapters hit the market, the 17" machine is the only option for serious on-the-road video work, by virtue of its EC slot.

mduell
Posting Junkie
May 18, 2011, 07:29 PM

The sad part is a lot of EC devices use the USB bus (instead of the available PCIe lane) anyway.

kenna  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
May 19, 2011, 02:57 PM

They offer the EC slot over SD because it's a MacBook "Pro".

SD is a consumer standard. Until thunderbolt devices and adapters hit the market, the 17" machine is the only option for serious on-the-road video work, by virtue of its EC slot.
So, it's more for video? There are photographers who will use SD though, who will want an SD card slot. I just think it's a shame to remove such a card slot when you're paying so much.

Besides, thunderbolt SD card reader will be a fortune if firewire is anything to go by... I'm going to buy a USB one.

iPhone 4 32 GB, Mid 2010

Spheric Harlot
Clinically Insane
May 19, 2011, 04:44 PM

No, photographers use compact flash cards, which are accessed through EC or FireWire CF readers.

Veltliner
Mac Elite
May 19, 2011, 05:56 PM

Using an external CF card reader is not a big deal.

kenna  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
May 19, 2011, 07:19 PM

No, photographers use compact flash cards, which are accessed through EC or FireWire CF readers.
Fair enough, my DSLR mustn't be very good in comparison, it's a Canon, but an entry level one.

Originally Posted by Veltliner View Post
Using an external CF card reader is not a big deal.
No, I know, just would be a nice addition, better having it built in.

Anyway, know I'm asking a stupid question again, but how should I transfer my iTunes library? Can I do it with an ethernet cable or should I just do it with my external hard drive?

*EDIT* I've read that I can use Migration Assistant, but I'm unsure as to how to connect it.

iPhone 4 32 GB, Mid 2010

SierraDragon
Mac Elite
May 20, 2011, 12:15 AM

Besides, thunderbolt SD card reader will be a fortune if firewire is anything to go by... I'm going to buy a USB one.
Yeah USB is cheap and ubiquitous. Buy cheap slow cards and USB devices if you don't care about workflow speed. Note that fast connectivity is of no value anyway unless the cards used are fast enough. Buy fast expensive cards and Thunderbolt/Firewire/EC devices if you want a fast workflow.

Buying connectivity for images file transfer is just like buying lenses: you get what you pay for.
However, unlike lenses, image data transfer rates only affect workflow speed, not image quality...

-Allen Wicks

kenna  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
May 20, 2011, 12:49 PM

Yeah USB is cheap and ubiquitous. Buy cheap slow cards and USB devices if you don't care about workflow speed. Note that fast connectivity is of no value anyway unless the cards used are fast enough. Buy fast expensive cards and Thunderbolt/Firewire/EC devices if you want a fast workflow.

Buying connectivity for images file transfer is just like buying lenses: you get what you pay for.
However, unlike lenses, image data transfer rates only affect workflow speed, not image quality...

-Allen Wicks
Thanks, I do buy a lot of fast write speeds as I believe they're faster at taking multiple pictures?

But as for connectivity, I just thought it would be good to have an internal port. I'll settle for USB though as you say.

Thanks... I'm buying this weekend/early next week. Will post when it arrives. I'll go and research how to transfer my applications and music.

iPhone 4 32 GB, Mid 2010

Spheric Harlot
Clinically Insane
May 20, 2011, 01:25 PM

1. Switch on new computer.

2. Choose which language to work in.

3. When, at the second setup step, it asks you whether you have an old Mac or a Time Machine backup you wish to transfer your data from, answer one of the options equivalent to "Yes", as applicable.

4. Follow instructions.

kenna  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
May 20, 2011, 02:54 PM

1. Switch on new computer.

2. Choose which language to work in.

3. When, at the second setup step, it asks you whether you have an old Mac or a Time Machine backup you wish to transfer your data from, answer one of the options equivalent to "Yes", as applicable.

4. Follow instructions.
Thanks, but I don't want to transfer everything from my Mac, just some of the Applications and music folder. But sure the instructions will sort it for me. Thanks.

iPhone 4 32 GB, Mid 2010

SierraDragon
Mac Elite
May 20, 2011, 11:24 PM

Thanks, I do buy a lot of fast write speeds as I believe they're faster at taking multiple pictures?
Yes but only to the limit of what the camera allows. An x fps camera is not usually speeded up by a faster card, but if the camera allows it you may get more images out of the buffer faster allowing more pix at x fps before the full buffer shuts down picture taking. And if the camera allows it you may empty the buffer faster with a faster card.

Where I really notice fast cards and card readers is at shoots like a wedding or a fashion shoot where I go to upload 8 GB of images in the middle of ten other once-in-a-lifetime (hopefully) things going on. Fast cards and card readers make a huge difference; USB is worse than terrible.

If someone would give me $5k I would upgrade my D2x to a D3 and shoot to duplicate CF cards and not be so intense about uploading to back up.

-Allen

Waragainstsleep
Posting Junkie
May 21, 2011, 05:05 AM

Thanks, but I don't want to transfer everything from my Mac, just some of the Applications and music folder. But sure the instructions will sort it for me. Thanks.
If you only want to transfer some apps, you'll have to reinstall them from source. Migration is all or nothing with apps. Same goes for your home folder but you can drag and drop just the music folder after you have transferred apps and logged in.
I have plenty of more important things to do, if only I could bring myself to do them....

kenna  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
May 22, 2011, 04:45 PM

Yes but only to the limit of what the camera allows. An x fps camera is not usually speeded up by a faster card, but if the camera allows it you may get more images out of the buffer faster allowing more pix at x fps before the full buffer shuts down picture taking. And if the camera allows it you may empty the buffer faster with a faster card.

Where I really notice fast cards and card readers is at shoots like a wedding or a fashion shoot where I go to upload 8 GB of images in the middle of ten other once-in-a-lifetime (hopefully) things going on. Fast cards and card readers make a huge difference; USB is worse than terrible.

If someone would give me $5k I would upgrade my D2x to a D3 and shoot to duplicate CF cards and not be so intense about uploading to back up.

-Allen
Thanks for this info! Interesting read...

Originally Posted by Waragainstsleep View Post
If you only want to transfer some apps, you'll have to reinstall them from source. Migration is all or nothing with apps. Same goes for your home folder but you can drag and drop just the music folder after you have transferred apps and logged in.
OK, so I could just transfer all applications and then uninstall using a program that cleans up the background files if it's worth it.... if not, just using the bin as usual.

Thanks. I'll do the drag and drop of the music folder and then point iTunes to it if that's how it works.

Thanks again.

iPhone 4 32 GB, Mid 2010

kenna  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
May 25, 2011, 01:49 PM

Buying my MacBook Pro in the next hour or so... I'm stumbling on the 5400 RPM 750 GB HDD and the 7200 RPM 500GB HDD.

I'd really like the extra space, but I'm wary that it may be noticeably slower and given the amount I'm spending, I'd like to see the speed difference. That said, is there really a difference or is it literally split seconds we're talking unless we're moving masses of data?

Just interested... If I don't get a reply I can see myself going for the larger disk space... but I'd like to know...

Every thread I've read on it seems to have conflicting opinions from 'there's no noticeable difference' to 'apps boot faster from the dock and it's really noticeable during video editing'... a clear cut answer would be nice, but I don't expect one given that I'm purchasing in the next hour.

Thanks to anyone who can help!

iPhone 4 32 GB, Mid 2010

Spheric Harlot
Clinically Insane
May 25, 2011, 02:38 PM

A slower, but emptier disk will be *much* faster than a faster disk stuffed chock-full.

Also, larger disks tend to be slightly faster as the density increases, allowing for shorter travel in many instances.

kenna  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
May 25, 2011, 02:46 PM

A slower, but emptier disk will be *much* faster than a faster disk stuffed chock-full.

Also, larger disks tend to be slightly faster as the density increases, allowing for shorter travel in many instances.
Thanks, I think you're right in that I'll have about 250GB going on it straight away, so I'm going to opt for the 750GB. Thanks!! Buying now!!

iPhone 4 32 GB, Mid 2010

kenna  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
May 25, 2011, 03:00 PM

Thanks a lot Spheric, definitely calmed my nerves before buying.

I've purchased it:

2.2GHz Quad-core Intel Core i7
8GB 1333MHz DDR3 SDRAM - 2x4GB
750GB Serial ATA Drive @ 5400 RPM
SuperDrive 8x (DVD±R DL/DVD±RW/CD-RW)
MacBook Pro 17-inch Hi-Resolution Antiglare Widescreen Display

Chose Express Delivery so at the latest it'll be here by next Friday. I guess if it ships before Friday, I could get it on Monday.... here's to hoping. I have two weeks off starting Friday, so I can have a good go with it.

Thanks to everyone for your great help, definitely my favourite Mac forum as I always think it's filled with pro's rather than noobs like myself. Thanks.

iPhone 4 32 GB, Mid 2010

SierraDragon
Mac Elite
May 25, 2011, 10:27 PM

Enjoy!

kenna  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Jun 1, 2011, 03:27 PM

Thank you to everyone who has commented in this thread and helped towards my purchase of my first MacBook Pro!

I am posting from it now and have to say it's the nicest new machine I've ever had. I really enjoyed my Black MacBook when I first received it; I loved its small form and power at the time when I had a poor performing P.C.

But the sheer size of this beast, its speed and everything that it's capable of; along with the nicest keypad I've ever had the privilege of using is just too good to be true...

Bought a Mighty Mouse today, tempted to go and buy Borderlands from the Mac AppStore. Just trying to install my app's from my last MacBook via AirSharing, but it seems to be taking forever...

Thanks again to all who have helped!!

Here's a pic of it running alongside my MacBook Black

iPhone 4 32 GB, Mid 2010

SierraDragon
Mac Elite
Jun 4, 2011, 06:12 PM

Nice!

FYI regarding the EC/34 slot, I bought a SanDisk Extreme Pro Express Card Adapter for CF cards (SD adapters also available) from Amazon, $40.

Quick real-world test results in the 2011 17" MBP:
• Sandisk Extreme III CF Card = 9.5 MB/sec
• Sandisk Extreme IV CF Card = 37.1 MB/sec
• Sandisk Extreme IV CF Card = 36.3 MB/sec
• Sandisk Extreme IV CF Card = 11.6 MB/sec using a USB card reader.

The SandDisk Extreme Pro cards now available allege 90 MB/sec; I plan to order one this week. These upload speeds are sweet; fast enough to literally change workflows. When I get the new 600x CF card I will see what if any impact it has on the operation of the D2x.

Do not expect these speeds from bargain cards.

Some of the reviews of this card reader low-ranked it for Macs, IMO probably out of ignorance. I give it five stars, but one does need to follow the driver loading instructions very carefully (which normally I would not do, but was forewarned by the reviews).

-Allen
( Last edited by SierraDragon; Jun 4, 2011 at 06:25 PM. )

kenna  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Jun 6, 2011, 07:54 PM

Nice!

FYI regarding the EC/34 slot, I bought a SanDisk Extreme Pro Express Card Adapter for CF cards (SD adapters also available) from Amazon, $40.

Quick real-world test results in the 2011 17" MBP:
• Sandisk Extreme III CF Card = 9.5 MB/sec
• Sandisk Extreme IV CF Card = 37.1 MB/sec
• Sandisk Extreme IV CF Card = 36.3 MB/sec
• Sandisk Extreme IV CF Card = 11.6 MB/sec using a USB card reader.

The SandDisk Extreme Pro cards now available allege 90 MB/sec; I plan to order one this week. These upload speeds are sweet; fast enough to literally change workflows. When I get the new 600x CF card I will see what if any impact it has on the operation of the D2x.

Do not expect these speeds from bargain cards.

Some of the reviews of this card reader low-ranked it for Macs, IMO probably out of ignorance. I give it five stars, but one does need to follow the driver loading instructions very carefully (which normally I would not do, but was forewarned by the reviews).

-Allen
Thanks for this, very nice price of $40. I have SD Extreme cards, but have found one of them to be reliable, which resulted in me returning to other card manufacturers.

I like the price of the adapter though, so I may have a look in the near future.

Thanks for all your help Allen, days in, still think it's my favourite purchase over my iPad. After watching the Developers conference and the price of Lion, I can't wait to have that either!!

iPhone 4 32 GB, Mid 2010

SierraDragon
Mac Elite
Jun 7, 2011, 12:24 AM

I originally bought SanDisk Extreme CF cards because they were the only ones rated for below freezing operation, and I shoot in both hot and cold environs. With a diligent workflow I have never had a card anomaly, hundreds of thousands of digital image captures.

I did order a 600x SandDisk Extreme Pro CF card and will report the performance when it arrives.

SierraDragon
Mac Elite
Jun 10, 2011, 03:59 PM

Extreme Pro CF card received and it is speedy.

Approximate real-world test upload results in the 2011 17" MBP:
• Sandisk Extreme III CF Card, SanDisk EC/34 Adapter = ~10 MB/sec
• Sandisk Extreme IV CF Card, SanDisk EC/34 Adapter = ~37 MB/sec
• Sandisk Extreme IV CF Card, SanDisk EC/34 Adapter = ~36 MB/sec

• Sandisk Extreme Pro CF Card (UDMA6), SanDisk EC/34 Adapter = ~80 MB/sec

With fast CF cards upload speeds via the EC/34 slot are sweet; fast enough to literally change workflows. For comparison, a Sony USB card reader's fastest upload was ~12 MB/sec.

Tested with the Nikon D2x, a very fast DSLR, the fastest cards had negligible impact on the operation of the D2x. The camera buffer appears to be the limiting factor.

mduell
Posting Junkie
Jun 10, 2011, 06:55 PM

The D2x is so old it doesn't support UDMA, plus the chipsets were designed in an era when the CF cards were much slower.

estherkim
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jun 21, 2011, 12:42 PM

i bought the macbook 15" and i thought THT was too heavy haha
well.. ive been using it for school and i needed to lug it around it to classes and libraries so for me, i'd personally get the 13"

have you decided on a laptop yet?

kenna  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Jun 23, 2011, 03:12 PM

Thanks for the info Sierra! Still in love with this thing!

Originally Posted by estherkim View Post
i bought the macbook 15" and i thought THT was too heavy haha
well.. ive been using it for school and i needed to lug it around it to classes and libraries so for me, i'd personally get the 13"

have you decided on a laptop yet?
Yeah, you can see my MacBook Pro a little higher up in the thread than this post next to my MacBook (which I use to lug around).

As for the 17inch, it's my desktop computer, I absolutely love it...

Started to really appreciate the extra screen real estate, the fact that I can produce a PPT next to Word for planning (I'm a teacher), is worth the price alone and improves over my old MacBook/iPad combo.

Also, I am currently writing reports, the ability to open all 29 word documents and sift through them quickly entering their academic grades is amazing.

The MacBook Pro is an absolute beast and I am in love with it. As for the 15 inch, really? I find the 17inch fine, but then I'm more an athletic build. I can appreciate that it's not a MacBook Air, but the weight of a laptop isn't as big a deal as most seem to make out... to me at least. I'm never going to be trecking 3 miles with it, it'll go into my car and on to school and back. No issues for me.

Do you not think you'd prefer the 15 inch after using a 13inch for quite a while? I had the 13 inch MacBook and I honestly prefer this in every way (size included).

iPhone 4 32 GB, Mid 2010

estherkim
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jun 27, 2011, 11:54 AM

Thanks for the info Sierra! Still in love with this thing!

Yeah, you can see my MacBook Pro a little higher up in the thread than this post next to my MacBook (which I use to lug around).

As for the 17inch, it's my desktop computer, I absolutely love it...

Started to really appreciate the extra screen real estate, the fact that I can produce a PPT next to Word for planning (I'm a teacher), is worth the price alone and improves over my old MacBook/iPad combo.

Also, I am currently writing reports, the ability to open all 29 word documents and sift through them quickly entering their academic grades is amazing.

The MacBook Pro is an absolute beast and I am in love with it. As for the 15 inch, really? I find the 17inch fine, but then I'm more an athletic build. I can appreciate that it's not a MacBook Air, but the weight of a laptop isn't as big a deal as most seem to make out... to me at least. I'm never going to be trecking 3 miles with it, it'll go into my car and on to school and back. No issues for me.

Do you not think you'd prefer the 15 inch after using a 13inch for quite a while? I had the 13 inch MacBook and I honestly prefer this in every way (size included).
well i definitely appreciate the extra screen space.. its so helpful while i'm sifting through multiple articles when i'm doing research.. but since i am a college student.. i find myself lugging around my laptop almost everyday to classes or libraries.. and my 15" barely fits in most of my bags
that's the only thing i would complain about though

kenna  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Jul 3, 2011, 04:05 PM

Originally Posted by estherkim View Post
well i definitely appreciate the extra screen space.. its so helpful while i'm sifting through multiple articles when i'm doing research.. but since i am a college student.. i find myself lugging around my laptop almost everyday to classes or libraries.. and my 15" barely fits in most of my bags
that's the only thing i would complain about though
Have a look at the Booq bags, mine's lasted 3 years and I lugged around all sorts at Uni, finished now and use it every day for work. Fits a 17" and has a compartment for it along with other things... well worth the extra money that you pay for one.

iPhone 4 32 GB, Mid 2010

JavedNoman83
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jul 3, 2011, 04:55 PM

Hi I'm a iphone user for long time! first 3g then 3gs and now the iphone 4! Just today I got myself a macbook pro for the first time and wondering is there any way that I can transfer all my files from iphone to macbook and get it just like that! I mean everything that includes photo, music, video,contacts,calender entries! Please help!

SierraDragon
Mac Elite
Jul 3, 2011, 06:42 PM

To receive an answer to your question (which has nothing to do with this thread) I suggest that you start a new thread entitled "How do I synch a new Macbook Pro?" However first do some searching because the answer may already exist.

HTH

-Allen

ghporter
Administrator
Jul 3, 2011, 08:09 PM

I started a new thread for our new friend, but I'm leaving the post here to avoid surprising or startling him when he comes back-"Dude! Where's my post!!??"

Glenn -----OTR/L, MOT, Tx

estherkim
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jul 5, 2011, 10:55 AM

Have a look at the Booq bags, mine's lasted 3 years and I lugged around all sorts at Uni, finished now and use it every day for work. Fits a 17" and has a compartment for it along with other things... well worth the extra money that you pay for one.
thanks.. i'll look into those

Forum Links
Forum Rules