Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > Marketplace > FS: Quicksilver G4

FS: Quicksilver G4
bowwowman
Mac Elite
Oct 6, 2011, 11:01 AM

Well it's time to clear out some older stuff, and the last item is my trusty sidekick Quicksilver G4. It is in good shape with the usual minor wear & tear of an older machine.

2) Motherboard- bare board only: $25.00

4) Pioneer DVR109 DVD-RW: $10.00

5) GForce2MX AGP video card w/ 32mb vram, VGA & DVI outputs: $8.00

8) 2 HDD's, 7200rpm SATA:

a) 120 GB WD Caviar- : $10.00
b) 80GB Maxtor DiamondMax- $7.00

Please note that I have the following PPC-only apps for sale too, which I have no further use for.

a) Photoshop CS 2- w/ CD & key (deal pending)
b) MS Office 2004- w/ CD & key & all current updates

I will make package deals for anyone wanting to buy 2 or more items, just send me an offer

Payment via Paypal gift only please. Shipping is included in the above prices except for the case, which will be calculated from 15419 via USPS insured Ground unless you wanna pay the extra fees........

So bring on the offers !
( Last edited by bowwowman; Oct 17, 2011 at 07:23 PM. Reason: removed more sold items, added keyboard)
Personally I find it hilarious that you have the hots for my gramma. Especially seeins how she is 3x your age, and makes your Brittney-Spears-wannabe 30-something wife look like a rag doll who went thru WWIII with a burning stick of dynamite up her a** :)

imitchellg5
Posting Junkie
Oct 6, 2011, 11:32 AM

You must have an asking price per forum rules.

bowwowman  (op)
Mac Elite
Oct 6, 2011, 11:51 AM

Ok, so lets say this for now:

Machine as is, with everything listed: $125 + shipping OBO

taking offers on parts too !
Personally I find it hilarious that you have the hots for my gramma. Especially seeins how she is 3x your age, and makes your Brittney-Spears-wannabe 30-something wife look like a rag doll who went thru WWIII with a burning stick of dynamite up her a** :)

chipchen
Mac Elite
Oct 6, 2011, 11:54 AM

absolutely correct!

bowwowman  (op)
Mac Elite
Oct 8, 2011, 08:03 AM

Parting out components now

Lateralus
Moderator Emeritus
Oct 8, 2011, 02:04 PM

Which G4 CPU is it? 7455, 7457, 7447 or 7448?
I like chicken
I like liver
Meow Mix, Meow Mix
Please de-liv-er

Rumor
Oct 8, 2011, 04:11 PM

What would you want for the power supply?
I like my water with hops, malt, hops, yeast, and hops.

bowwowman  (op)
Mac Elite
Oct 8, 2011, 04:32 PM

Originally Posted by Rumor View Post
What would you want for the power supply?
Oops, forgot about that didn't I

$35.00 shipped, or $25.00 + actual shipping, whichever is cheaper for you.

What's your zip code ?

bowwowman  (op)
Mac Elite
Oct 8, 2011, 04:37 PM

Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
Which G4 CPU is it? 7455, 7457, 7447 or 7448?
I am not 100% certain, but I believe it is a 7447. I will verify & post back later today or early tomorrow.

FYI though, I bought it from OWC several years ago for approx. $160.00

bowwowman  (op)
Mac Elite
Oct 13, 2011, 07:00 AM

Sold items removed from listing.

thanks !

bowwowman  (op)
Mac Elite
Oct 16, 2011, 08:30 AM

removed more sold items, added apple keyboard

SSharon
Professional Poster
Oct 19, 2011, 09:58 AM

I see that a deal is pending for CS2, but I'm curious to know whether it runs on Lion. I have CS1 which has suited me fine because I very rarely use it, but I purposely haven't upgraded to Lion because it won't run. I thought I needed CS2 or newer, but since you mention it as PPC only I'm a bit confused.

Anyway, if anyone desperately needs any other spare parts for a quicksilver I think I have some in my garage. My prices are $1 more than bowwowman since this is his thread, but if he sells a part you really want I can see if I have it.
AT&T iPhone 5S and 6; 13" MBP; MDD G4.

bowwowman  (op)
Mac Elite
Oct 19, 2011, 10:50 AM

I seriously doubt if it can run on Lion, since it is from the pre-intel era, but you could check with Adobe to be 100% sure.

Also, I didnt know piggybacking was allowed here

SSharon
Professional Poster
Oct 19, 2011, 03:40 PM

Originally Posted by bowwowman View Post
I seriously doubt if it can run on Lion, since it is from the pre-intel era, but you could check with Adobe to be 100% sure.

Also, I didnt know piggybacking was allowed here
It looks like CS1 and CS2 are not compatible and CS3 and CS4 have minor compatibility issues.

I wasn't really piggybacking, I was just bumping your thread up while at the same time making your prices look good.
AT&T iPhone 5S and 6; 13" MBP; MDD G4.

bowwowman  (op)
Mac Elite
Oct 19, 2011, 06:15 PM

I know, I was just pokin fun @you

Forum Links
Forum Rules