Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Ivan makes landfall at Gulf Shores, Alabama

Ivan makes landfall at Gulf Shores, Alabama
CaseCom
Professional Poster
Sep 16, 2004, 03:01 AM

The eye came ashore just east of Mobile Bay ... Pensacola, Fla., and other areas just east of the eye are bearing the brunt right now ... maximum sustained winds just downgraded from 135 mph to 130, but it's still a strong Category 3 ... best of luck down there everybody.

IceEnclosure
Moderator Emeritus
Sep 16, 2004, 04:02 AM

apparently not many people from that area on these boards. us south floridians were worried for a bit. but, eh.. another on the way - jeanne!
ice

CaseCom  (op)
Professional Poster
Sep 16, 2004, 05:15 AM

Maximum sustained winds down to 115 mph ... still a Category 3 ... hurricane-force winds extend 105 miles from the storm center ... storm surge of 10 to 16 feet above normal tides ... two people confirmed dead in Panama City Beach, both were inside buildings destroyed by high winds.

starman
Clinically Insane
Sep 16, 2004, 10:09 AM

Been trying to call my dad for the last 3 hours. Power's out, and cell phone lines are "busy". I'm sure everything's fine, but I wouldn't like to know now that the thing's on its way out.

Mike

Home - Twitter - Sig Wall-Retired - Flickr

badidea
Professional Poster
Sep 16, 2004, 10:21 AM

I am glad my relatives moved from Pensacola back to Georgia. They used to have a house right at the beach - I think now someone else used to have this house...

Forum Links
Forum Rules