Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > Font in Dictionary has changed

Font in Dictionary has changed
monkeybrain
Mac Elite
Apr 3, 2007, 11:18 PM

I don't know if I've gone crazy, but I'm sure the font in Dictionary.app has changed. It's not a big change, and I'm not sure what the font used before was, but now it looks more dirty, more like Times. Does anyone know how to set the font? I've tried trashing the prefs.

I know it sounds odd, but I use Dictionary everyday so spend a lot of time staring at it.

Nai no Kami
Senior User
Apr 4, 2007, 07:54 AM

I don't remember which font it uses, but your problem is most surely due to disabling that specific font in your system (via any font manager). It has happened to me too. Check that your Apple bundled fonts are activated.

Y no entienden nada... ¡y cómo se divierten!...

monkeybrain  (op)
Mac Elite
Apr 4, 2007, 12:10 PM

Thanks for the suggestion, but it seems the issue was actually the font smoothing in System Prefs, somehow this had changed thus making the font look different. I suppose it was just more noticeable in the Dictionary.

On a related topic, how can we change the font in Dictionary.app? I tried altering the css file, but the changes don't seem to have any effect.

Forum Links
Forum Rules