Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > Where is Office X? Did I miss something?

Where is Office X? Did I miss something?
daqman
Forum Regular
Nov 19, 2001, 11:28 AM

I read in lots of places that Office X was to be released on November 19th 2001, today. So where is it, where is the hype the news the scoop? I haven't seen anything on MacNN, CNN, Apple, slashdot or any other sites about Office for OSX but for weeks (since I preordered) I have been looking forward to today ass the release date.
So what's the scoop? Did I mis something? I don't have a lot of time to plow through all the messages in these forums every day but haven't found any release date issues mentioned. Maybe someone has some news?
Beware of geeks bearing Gifs

daqman  (op)
Forum Regular
Nov 19, 2001, 11:30 AM

Ok so I'm going blind, someone posted a similar question which has shown up three items below my own. Anyway any news on ship date?

dani
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 19, 2001, 11:46 AM

FYI, both the Apple.com main page and the Apple's Mac OS X page have ad's about "Office X now shipping".

tsheley
Dedicated MacNNer
Nov 19, 2001, 11:46 AM

I was wondering the samething. Were is the download for MSN Messenger and Windows Media Player? I thought the new versions would be available once Office shipped.
1.6ghz G5 Power Mac/1.5GB RAM/Superdrive

daqman  (op)
Forum Regular
Nov 19, 2001, 11:51 AM

> FYI, both the Apple.com main page and the Apple's Mac OS X page have ad's about "Office X now shipping".

Yes, it's about 10:53 eastern time, I suppose the folks at Apple are getting in to work at 7:30 to 8 am and updating the web pages. The ads weren't there earlier. I'm feeling much better

dtriska
Mac Elite
Nov 19, 2001, 07:54 PM

Originally posted by daqman:
<STRONG>Yes, it's about 10:53 eastern time, I suppose the folks at Apple are getting in to work at 7:30 to 8 am and updating the web pages. The ads weren't there earlier. I'm feeling much better </STRONG>
The ads were there 2 am MST.

velocitychannel
Dedicated MacNNer
Nov 20, 2001, 09:07 AM

Originally posted by tsheley:
<STRONG>I was wondering the samething. Were is the download for MSN Messenger and Windows Media Player? I thought the new versions would be available once Office shipped.</STRONG>
I'd like to know the same thing. Messenger is supposed to be vastly improved. If Office is done and shipping, what is stopping MS from posting it to their site?

shiff
Forum Regular
Nov 20, 2001, 12:01 PM

Originally posted by daqman:
<STRONG>I read in lots of places that Office X was to be released on November 19th 2001, today. So where is it, where is the hype the news the scoop? I haven't seen anything on MacNN, CNN, Apple, slashdot or any other sites about Office for OSX but for weeks (since I preordered) I have been looking forward to today ass the release date.
So what's the scoop? Did I mis something? I don't have a lot of time to plow through all the messages in these forums every day but haven't found any release date issues mentioned. Maybe someone has some news? </STRONG>
It is shipping. I bought my copy from compusa yesterday and ironic that when I called Microsoft to order their upgrade they said it would be 8 days before I got it, but then when I went into work in the morning it was on my desk.

typoon
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 20, 2001, 02:46 PM

Dunno where Media player and MSN Messager are for Dl but the come as part of Office v.X And Media play er I must say is very clean. Not like the Windows Counterpart. It is smooth. Still like quicktime better still. but will have to play with media player to make my final conclusion. Can't believe I'm praising an M$ product but Office v.X is SWEEET!
"Evil is Powerless If the Good are Unafraid." -Ronald Reagan

Apple and Intel, the dawning of a NEW era.

Just Some Guy
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 20, 2001, 04:46 PM

Originally posted by velocitychannel:
<STRONG>

I'd like to know the same thing. Messenger is supposed to be vastly improved. If Office is done and shipping, what is stopping MS from posting it to their site?</STRONG>

I have heard there is no real additions to the version of MSN Messenger in the Office X box. I don't think its vastly improved or anything, they probably just took the version thats available for download and stuffed it in the box. I am using version 2.0 right now, and let me tell you, its a huge leap forward from version 1.0. Check it out at www.microsoft.com/mac.
[/LIST]

Forum Links
Forum Rules