Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > So, Bill Cosby's career is pretty much over, right?

So, Bill Cosby's career is pretty much over, right? (Page 4)
The Final Dakar  (op)
Games Meister
Dec 22, 2014, 05:23 PM

Sammy Davis, Jr's old gf wants in on the action
Yahoo!

Her story does not match others.

The Final Dakar  (op)
Games Meister
Dec 22, 2014, 05:42 PM

I wonder if Sammy knew but chose to turn a blind eye.

subego
Clinically Insane
Dec 23, 2014, 09:34 AM

I heard a good (though somewhat obvious in hindsight) comment.

People are questioning why these women didn't speak up earlier, and the rationale is "who's going to take my word over this big celebrity?"

Well, that's exactly what happened. This has been reported for years, sometimes by major news outlets, and no one was willing to throw "America's Dad" under the bus.

The only change from, say, a year ago, is Buress got reddit traction with his routine on the subject, which then ran headlong into an ill-timed social media campaign.

Chongo
Addicted to MacNN
Dec 23, 2014, 10:27 AM

Originally Posted by subego View Post
I heard a good (though somewhat obvious in hindsight) comment.

People are questioning why these women didn't speak up earlier, and the rationale is "who's going to take my word over this big celebrity?"

Well, that's exactly what happened. This has been reported for years, sometimes by major news outlets, and no one was willing to throw "America's Dad" under the bus.

The only change from, say, a year ago, is Buress got reddit traction with his routine on the subject, which then ran headlong into an ill-timed social media campaign.
Like I siad before, and you can call it a "conspiracy theory;" Cosby was going against the "blame whitey for everything" mantra. When you can't discredit the message, attack the messanger. What Cosby is accused of has been going on in Hollywood since the begining. It's called the casting couch.
45/47

subego
Clinically Insane
Dec 23, 2014, 10:43 AM

Why would you need a concerted effort like that?

He got hit with bad case of 2014, and pulled strategies from the 1985 playbook. You'll sink yourself doing that. No help needed.

Chongo
Addicted to MacNN
Dec 23, 2014, 03:37 PM

The first two scenes are the relevant ones. It puts a whole spin on the spiel Woltz gives Tom Hagen before he leaves. Yeah it's a movie, but it illustrates what has been and still goes on in Hollywood.
The Godfather Deleted Scenes - Video Dailymotion
45/47

subego
Clinically Insane
Dec 24, 2014, 01:58 AM

I don't disagree with your assertion the casting couch exists, but I fail to understand how it's existence relates to this being a non-starter a year ago.

The Final Dakar  (op)
Games Meister
Jan 7, 2015, 12:30 PM

Mrs. Huxtable ain't havin' none of this.

OAW
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 7, 2015, 05:08 PM

Originally Posted by The Final Dakar View Post
Nor is Rudy.

OAW

Waragainstsleep
Posting Junkie
Jan 7, 2015, 08:31 PM

Question: Are (m)any of you aware of Operation Yew Tree in the UK? A hefty proportion of national favourites in the entertainment business from the 1960s through the 80s and 90s have been investigated, tried and locked up for various sexual misdeeds. It all started after the death of Sir Jimmy Saville who remains by far the worst offender of the bunch, but a whole culture of it was unearthed around him and the BBC were heavily criticised for looking the other way regularly to facilitate it all.

I'm sure most of the names involved will mean little in the US but many have been in the public eye and much beloved for a very long time. Perhaps some of Mr. Cosby's victims are aware of what went on here and it inspired them that its never too late to pursue justice?
I have plenty of more important things to do, if only I could bring myself to do them....

lpkmckenna
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 8, 2015, 01:24 AM

Originally Posted by OAW View Post
Nor is Rudy.
Of course. They have lost all residuals since their show was removed from syndication.

subego
Clinically Insane
Jan 8, 2015, 04:03 AM

I feel Rudy is more saying "please, keep me out of this... please".

The Final Dakar  (op)
Games Meister
Jan 8, 2015, 01:09 PM

Rashad seems to have pulled back a bit today.
"I am a woman. I would never say such a thing. I would never think such a thing," she said. "My message is, what happens to a nation in which people knowingly and willfully disavow the tenets that describe the nation? ... This is not about the women. This is about something else. This is about the obliteration of a legacy."

OAW
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 8, 2015, 01:39 PM

Originally Posted by lpkmckenna View Post
Of course. They have lost all residuals since their show was removed from syndication.
There is that. This knee-jerk response by cable channels to yank The Cosby Show out of syndication doesn't just impact Bill Cosby. But even beyond the financial implications, there is something to be said about how NONE of the women who worked with Cosby directly for years have said anything that could even remotely be construed as supportive of these accusations.

OAW

The Final Dakar  (op)
Games Meister
Jan 8, 2015, 01:43 PM

But even beyond the financial implications, there is something to be said about how NONE of the women who worked with Cosby directly for years have said anything that could even remotely be construed as supportive of these accusations.
There is, though Cosby could be smart enough to not shit where he eats.

subego
Clinically Insane
Jan 8, 2015, 01:59 PM

And Phylicia didn't exactly feel the need to rush.
( Last edited by subego; Jan 8, 2015 at 05:55 PM. )

OAW
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 8, 2015, 05:21 PM

Vivica A. Fox defended Bill Cosby on Thursday, amid nearly 30 allegations off rape, drugging, or sexual assault. During an interview the “Celebrity Apprentice” contestant told Meredith Vieira she had worked with the comedian on NBC’s “The Cosby Show” and found him to be nothing like his accusers have described.

“I worked on the Cosby show and was honored to do the show, and I have to agree with [his “Cosby Show” co-star] Keshia [Knight Pulliam],” said Fox. “The man I met was nothing like the man they are describing.”

She went on to defend Cosby in the interview, which airs on Thursday’s episode of the syndicated talk show “The Merideth Vieira Show.”

“He was nice, kind,” Fox continued. “There was no sexual overtones or anything so I defend him and I stand by him as well, too.”

As TheWrap previously reported, 29 women have accused the former TV dad of raping, sexually assaulting or drugging them over the last four decades. Most of the allegations have surfaced over the past two months, with civil rights attorney Gloria Allred coming forward with three more accusers on Wednesday.

Several of Cosby’s stand-up performances have been canceled in the wake of these allegations, but not all of them. The comedian traveled to Ontario, Canada, this week and performed one show on Wednesday and has two more scheduled on Thursday and Friday, despite the fact that 500 protesters are expected to show up to support victimized women.

Hollywood heavyweights like Judd Apatow have come down hard on Cosby, but others have stood by his side. Pulliam, whom Fox alluded to in her comments, played Rudy Huxtable on “The Cosby Show,” the youngest daughter, and is standing by her TV dad.

“It’s very much been played out in the court of public opinion, but we’re still in America where, ultimately, you’re innocent until proven guilty,” Pulliam said Monday on NBC’s “Today.”
Vivica A. Fox Defends Bill Cosby: He Was 'Nothing Like the Man They're Describing' (Video)

"Most of the allegations have surfaced over the past two months." Surely I can't be the only one who is at least wondering if there is a bit of "jumping on the bandwagon" going on here?

OAW

The Final Dakar  (op)
Games Meister
Jan 9, 2015, 09:49 AM

Bill Cosby Makes Rape Joke at Stand-Up Show, Audience Loves It: Report
"A woman in the front row got up to go get a drink. Cosby asked her where she was going. She asked him if he wanted a drink. He said no, he already had one (a bottle of water). Then he continued 'You have to be careful about drinking around me.'"
He's still got it.

subego
Clinically Insane
Jan 9, 2015, 09:59 AM

That feels planned. Too good a setup.

osiris
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 9, 2015, 02:09 PM

Maybe it was planned - sounds too spontaneous and creative for Cosby. Nonetheless, a dooshy thing to say.
"Faster, faster! 'Till the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death." - HST

The Final Dakar  (op)
Games Meister
Jan 9, 2015, 02:12 PM

Originally Posted by subego View Post
That feels planned. Too good a setup.
Anecdote time: I saw him some time in the early 90s and when the show started some people were having trouble settling in near the front and he heckled them. I get the feeling he's not fond of distractions in the crowd, particularly near the front.

The Final Dakar  (op)
Games Meister
Jan 9, 2015, 02:13 PM

Originally Posted by osiris View Post
dooshy
That's a douchey way to spell it.

osiris
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 9, 2015, 02:17 PM

That's a douchey way to spell it.
Aren't we touchey today.
"Faster, faster! 'Till the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death." - HST

subego
Clinically Insane
Jan 9, 2015, 02:20 PM

Anecdote time: I saw him some time in the early 90s and when the show started some people were having trouble settling in near the front and he heckled them. I get the feeling he's not fond of distractions in the crowd, particularly near the front.
Lots of comedians are that way. I saw Carlin do it. Similar thing with people who are late.

What's tripping my sensors is her feeding him the setup about the drink.

The Final Dakar  (op)
Games Meister
Jan 9, 2015, 02:27 PM

She asked him if he wanted a drink. If it was set-up I think she'd say she was getting a drink and that's that.

subego
Clinically Insane
Jan 9, 2015, 02:39 PM

That's a horrible setup. He needs the beat between the drink being brought up and making the joke or it looks like he's trying too hard.

By it being a question, his answer is the beat.

Her asking him is also a better line.

The Final Dakar  (op)
Games Meister
Jan 9, 2015, 02:40 PM

I hereby withdraw from this ridiculous point of contention

lpkmckenna
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 9, 2015, 10:21 PM

There is that. This knee-jerk response by cable channels to yank The Cosby Show out of syndication doesn't just impact Bill Cosby.
Knee-jerk? More like well-considered.

Powerbook
Mac Elite
Jan 14, 2015, 01:53 PM

JUST SOME OF THE WOMEN WHO SAY THEY WERE ATTACKED BY BILL COSBY

Andrea Constand - A Temple University employee, she claimed in 2006 that Cosby drugged and sexually assaulted her in his Philadelphia-area mansion two years earlier. Cosby eventually settled this suit out of court as the prosecution said they had 13 Jane Does who would testify Cosby had done the same to them.

Barbara Bowman - Bowman told MailOnline that Cosby raped and drugged her in 1985 when she was a 17-year-old aspiring actress. Bowman was one of Constand's 13 Jane Does.

Joan Tarshis - Tarshis claimed that she was just 19-years-old when Cosby drugged and raped her twice in Hollywood back in 1969 while she was working as a writer for him.

Janice Dickinson - The supermodel said in an interview that Cosby invited her to Lake Tahoe to talk about a television role in 1982, but ended up drugging and raping her.

Tamara Green - Green, who first came forward in 2005 told MailOnline that she was an aspiring actress in the 1970s when Cosby gave her pills and pretended to care for her while she had the flu, but instead sexually assaulted her.

Therese Serignese - Another of the 13 Jane Does, she says she was 19 when Cosby drugged and raped her in Las Vegas after one of his shows.

Louisa Moritz - She accused Cosby of sexual assault, saying he forced her into oral sex backstage at The Tonight Show Starring Johnny Carson in 1971, and implied he would further her career if she complied.

Linda Joy Traitz - She said she was just 19 when Cosby drove her out to a beach and tried to get her to take pills to relax, before becoming 'sexually aggressive'. Traitz has been charged in the past with trafficking pills. Cosby's attorney, Marty Singer, is trying to use Traitz's past to discredit her claims.

Beth Ferrier - Ferrier claims she had a relationship with Cosby in the mid-1980s. She claims that she awoke in her car with her clothes in disarray and not remembering what had happened. Ferrier has claimed that he drugged her coffee.

Carla Ferrigno - The wife of Incredible Hulk star Lou Ferrigno, claims Cosby tried to sexually assault her during a gathering at his house in 1967. What's more, Cosby allegedly tried to use a friend to help court Ferrigno, and allegedly made his move on the former Playboy Bunny just moments after his own wife, Camille, left the room.

Angela Leslie - The former model-actress claims that Cosby forced her to masturbate him in his Vegas hotel suite after giving her a strong drink in 1992.

Renita Chainey Hill - The 47-year-old mother-of-three who met Cosby when she was offered a role on Picture Pages in Pittsburgh claimed he would fly her to cities around the United States and drug her during a four-year relationship.

Kristina Ruehli - A New Hampshire grandmother-of-eight, now 71, claims Cosby invited her back to his house for a 'party'. She arrived and no one was there. Ruehli alleges that he drugged two bourbons he poured her and she came to when he was on top of her, shirtless.

Victoria Valentino - The former Playboy playmate claims Cosby drugged her and a friend, tried to rape her friend then violated her instead in a Hollywood apartment after dinner.

Jewel Allison - The former model accused Cosby of drugging her wine and making her feel his genitals before kissing her during a dinner at his home in the late Eighties.

Michelle Hurd: The 47-year-old actress, known for her roles on Law & Order: SVU and Gossip Girl, revealed she was a stand-in on the set of The Cosby Show when Cosby started acting inappropriately around her. She says he asked her to go to his house to take a shower so he could blow dry her hair straight, but she decided not to go.

P.J. Masten - The former Playboy bunny claims Cosby invited her out to dinner in Chicago. Before they left he gave her a drink and the next thing she remembers is waking up naked and bruised in his bed. Masten claims she knows of 12 other former bunnies who were attacked by Cosby but have not yet come forward.

Joyce Emmons -The former comedy club manager claims she woke up naked next to a friend of Bill Cosby after the comedian gave her a sedative when she complained of a migraine. Emmons told TMZ that the comedian slipped her a Quaalude when she was in his Las Vegas hotel suite in the 1970s. She claims Cosby drugged her but has not accused him of sexual assault.

Lachele Covington - The 20-year-old actress, who'd been an extra on the TV show Cosby, filed a police report in March 2000 against the star, accusing him of making an unwelcome sexual advance. According to The New York Post, after dinner and drinks at his home, he massaged her then 'guided her hand towards his sweatpants'. Cosby denied the claim and no charges were filed.

Shawn Brown - The only woman that Cosby admits cheating with claims that after a two-month relationship, Cosby drugged a drink and urged her to down it. He then raped her while she was unconscious and got her pregnant, she says.

Paige Young - Young shot herself dead in 1974 aged 30. She had had an affair with Cosby shortly before her death. In a suicide note she said that many Hollywood stars had used her and spat her out.

Judy Huth - Huth claims Cosby raped her at the Playboy Mansion in 1974 when she was just 15. Cosby has sued her, but Huth's is the only case that is being actively investigated by police.

Chelan Lasha - Lasha was an aspiring model in 1986 when she says Cosby gave her two shots of Amaretto and a pill and then attacked her as she lay on his bed in the Elvis Presley suite at the Hilton Las Vegas.

Beverley Johnson - The first black woman to be on the cover of American Vogue said Cosby made a drugged cappuccino for her when she visited his New York brownstone to read through lines for a small part in the Cosby Show. As she felt her body go limp she shouted at Cosby: 'You are a motherf***** aren't you?' Angry, Cosby dragged her downstairs and dumped her in a taxi.

Bill Cosby 'victim' tells police how he drugged her in 2008 when she was just 18 at Playboy Mansion party as police launch full-scale probe into comedy legend | Daily Mail Online
Aut Caesar aut nihil.

ShortcutToMoncton
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 14, 2015, 02:14 PM

Because I can't stop laughing at how well this joke worked (considering the deeply unfunny subject matter):

Mankind's only chance is to harness the power of stupid.

starman
Clinically Insane
Jan 14, 2015, 05:10 PM

Renita Chainey Hill - The 47-year-old mother-of-three who met Cosby when she was offered a role on Picture Pages in Pittsburgh claimed he would fly her to cities around the United States and drug her during a four-year relationship.
It's statements like this which makes me think the whole thing is BS. Who does that for FOUR YEARS?

Home - Twitter - Sig Wall-Retired - Flickr

The Final Dakar  (op)
Games Meister
Jan 14, 2015, 05:11 PM

Originally Posted by starman View Post
It's statements like this which makes me think the whole thing is BS. Who does that for FOUR YEARS?
We went over this earlier. If people will stay in physically abusive relationships, why not this?

Cap'n Tightpants
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 14, 2015, 05:16 PM

We went over this earlier. If people will stay in physically abusive relationships, why not this?
That's like 3 steps beyond, though. It's hard to imagine anyone who is that much of a doormat.
"I have a dream, that my four little children will one day live in a
nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin,
but by the content of their character." - M.L.King Jr

The Final Dakar  (op)
Games Meister
Jan 14, 2015, 05:20 PM

Originally Posted by Cap'n Tightpants View Post
That's like 3 steps beyond, though. It's hard to imagine anyone who is that much of a doormat.
More of a doormat than being almost to death several times? Better work on that imagination.

I would think taking beatings that you can remember is three steps beyond getting flown around the country and not remembering what happened the next morning.

OAW
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 14, 2015, 05:22 PM

The key difference IMO is that in physically abusive relationships the victim is very often afraid to leave the relationship for fear of further violence or death. That's simply not the case here. We aren't even talking about a situation where the individuals live together and the victim is afraid to leave the residence. We are talking about someone who was sent for with free plane tickets. If Cosby drugged her and she had an issue with it ... WTF would she ever catch that next flight a second or third time? Four years of this? Seriously? I'm sorry ... but I'm just not buying this particular story. Either it never happened or it was consensual.

OAW

ShortcutToMoncton
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 14, 2015, 05:25 PM

Are you being serious?

I'm not saying either way whether she's telling the truth, but that seems like the easiest thing in the world to imagine. "Rich and famous movie star and cultural icon has an unusually strong power over a teenager that he spends money on and flies around America?"

That sounds like...a not-unexpected headline?

The Final Dakar  (op)
Games Meister
Jan 14, 2015, 05:33 PM

The key difference IMO is that in physically abusive relationships the victim is very often afraid to leave the relationship for fear of further violence or death.
They also think the abuser actually loves them.

Cap'n Tightpants
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 14, 2015, 05:45 PM

More of a doormat than being almost to death several times? Better work on that imagination.

I would think taking beatings that you can remember is three steps beyond getting flown around the country and not remembering what happened the next morning.
There's a very big difference when you live with someone and/or have a family with them, it's about proximity and spousal ties.

Originally Posted by ShortcutToMoncton View Post
Are you being serious?
Yup. 4 years. 4... years...

OAW
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 14, 2015, 05:48 PM

Since this is all "he said - she said" anyway ...

Bill Cosby’s two most prominent accusers, former models Beverly Johnson and Janice Dickinson, both fabricated their claims against Cosby, Johnson’s former manager told The Daily Caller in an exclusive interview.

Newly unearthed information suggests that Dickinson recently changed her story about Cosby to include sexual assault allegations.

Veteran Hollywood talent manager Don Gibble represented Johnson in the early 1990′s, and also says he personally knew Dickinson for more than twenty years.

Johnson recently alleged in a Vanity Fair piece that Cosby drugged her at his home in the mid-1980s after serving her a cup of cappuccino during a period in which Johnson was auditioning for a role on his sitcom. Johnson said that Cosby forcibly threw her, drugged, into a cab.

But Gibble said that Johnson told him her Cosby story many times, and that it only involved one personal meeting: at a pleasant, non-eventful brunch with Cosby and his wife Camille.

“She said she had brunch with him and his wife, and it was a great experience. And then on ‘The View’ it flip-flopped,” Gibble said, referring to Johnson’s recent appearance on the daytime television program.

“It was odd to me that she changed her story. She said [she was] drugged and raped. I just remember that was not the conversation we had. And we had it repeatedly.”

“It was brunch. It was just one time. It was a typical nice pleasant experience,” Gibble said, echoing Johnson’s oft-repeated accounts. ”It can be easily proven that Camille Cosby was at that brunch, so it was kind of dumb for her to lie.”

Johnson “had brunch with him once and then they would run into each other at NAACP awards and premieres,” Gibble said.

Johnson even listed Cosby as one of the Hollywood producers that she had a good relationship with and hoped to work with again.

“When I first met her in the early ’90s I had her make a list of all the producers she had a good experience with so I could call and get her in,” Gibbs said.

Johnson put Cosby on her list.

“Basically, she only had a good experience with him, so if he had been producing something at that time I could have easily called that office and gotten her an appointment.”

“It was ridiculous,” Gibble said, referring to watching Johnson change her story on “The View.” “I thought this was insane.”

Janice Dickinson’s story also changed drastically.

Dickinson recently claimed that Cosby drugged her with a pill and raped her in 1982 in a hotel room in Lake Tahoe.

But according to Gibble, Dickinson said at Hollywood parties “many times” that Cosby made a pass at her in a hotel, which she rejected. Cosby then went to bed without assaulting her, according to Dickinson’s original version of events.

Records demonstrate that Dickinson changed her story.

Dickinson told the San Francisco Examiner in June 2006 that Cosby hit on her in a hotel but that nothing physical happened:

“The self-proclaimed ‘world’s first supermodel” and former ‘America’s Next Top Model’ judge says that she was asked to tone down a section in her 2002 book, ‘No Lifeguard on Duty: The Accidental Life of the World’s First Supermodel,’ in which she details an incident where Cosby tried and failed to lure her into his hotel room. Dickinson claims she had dinner with The Cos and after the meal the comedian pulled the ol’ ‘you owe me’ excuse.

While promoting her new book, ‘Check Please! Dating, Mating and Extricating,’ on Howard Stern’s satellite radio show, Dickinson called Cosby a ‘bad guy’ who preys on vulnerable women.”
The New York Observer reported in September 2002 that Cosby “blew her off” after Dickinson rejected his advances:

“‘You really can sing,’ Muddy Waters told her, and she believed him, and believed Bill Cosby when he told her the same lie-that is, until she didn’t want to go to bed with him and he blew her off.”
The Observer quoted an excerpt from Dickinson’s book:

Exhausted?’ he asked, and it was clear he was trying hard to keep his temper in check. ‘After all I’ve done for you, that’s what I get? I’m exhausted ….’”

“‘Well gee Bill, if I had known it was going to be like this-’

“He waved both hands in front of my face, silencing me. Then he gave me the dirtiest, meanest look in the world, stepped into his suite, and slammed the door in my face.”
Johnson and Dickinson did not return requests for comment on social media.
Cosby Accuser's Former Manager Says Johnson, Dickinson LIED | The Daily Caller

OAW

OAW
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 14, 2015, 06:27 PM

The plot thickens ....

Chloe Goins filed charges with the Los Angeles Police Department on Wednesday morning alleging that comedian Bill Cosby sexually assaulted her in 2008 at the Playboy Mansion in Los Angeles.

Goins’ lawyer told BuzzFeed News he could not clarify what types of charges were filed, noting that it is up to the police to investigate her story and decide the appropriate charges. But in December, Goins told The Daily Mail that she was at a party at the Playboy Mansion with friends when she received a drink from Cosby. Shortly thereafter, she stated she started to feel dizzy. She said she woke up a while later, naked, to find Cosby licking her toes and masturbating. She said she was 18 years old at the time.

“Ms. Goins is now determined to accomplish what so many other victims no longer have the opportunity to do — to be the girl that puts Mr. Cosby behind bars, where he belongs,” Goins’ lawyer, Spencer Kuvin, said in a statement obtained by BuzzFeed News. “Ms. Goins is here today to seek justice … She fully understands and accepts the immense responsibility that her decision to be here today carries.”

Since 2005, more than two dozen women have come forward alleging that Cosby sexually assaulted them over the course of the last 50 years. Many recalled stories about the comedian allegedly drugging them and then molesting or raping them, but Goins is the first whose complaint could potentially be tried in a court of law. Under California’s statute of limitations, rape, penetration or rape of genital or anal openings by foreign object, or forcible acts of sexual penetration reported within 10 years of occurrence can be prosecuted. Goins’ decision to file charges comes approximately six years after the alleged attack.
A Woman Has Filed The First Charges Against Bill Cosby That Could Lead To Prosecution | Buzzfeed

OAW

starman
Clinically Insane
Jan 14, 2015, 06:46 PM

She said she woke up a while later, naked, to find Cosby licking her toes and masturbating.
I don't even know how someone can say that with a straight face.

ort888
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 14, 2015, 06:51 PM

I mean, who hasn't at one point in their lives woken up to Bill Cosby licking their toes and masturbating?
( Last edited by ort888; Jan 15, 2015 at 11:19 AM. )

My sig is 1 pixel too big.

ShortcutToMoncton
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 15, 2015, 09:23 AM

Yup. 4 years. 4... years...
You're going to have a hard time convincing me that one of the most famous men in America couldn't repeatedly get an aspiring actress teenager to hang out with him over a period of years if he called her every month or so and said "hey, I'm going to California next week, want to come along? Oh I'll be staying at the Taj Mahal and there should be lots of famous movie people around."

Hell, that would probably work on me.

Cap'n Tightpants
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 15, 2015, 12:41 PM

Nope, I hardly believe it would be anywhere near that glamorous. Likely the only thing she would remember is arriving at his room, then waking up the next morning wondering why her butt was sore and sticky. I don't buy it.

starman
Clinically Insane
Jan 15, 2015, 01:55 PM

Nope, I hardly believe it would be anywhere near that glamorous. Likely the only thing she would remember is arriving at his room, then waking up the next morning wondering why her butt was sore and sticky. I don't buy it.
This.

I'm telling you - this is a viral campaign for a movie

ShortcutToMoncton
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 15, 2015, 03:59 PM

Ok. Well put me in the camp that thinks a 45-year-old, filthy rich, incredibly famous actor would be able to repeatedly convince a young woman and aspiring actress, while she is between the ages of 15 and 18, to fly to different locations around the United States with him and repeatedly engage in weird sexual acts, the dubious legality of which she might not fully comprehend or grasp.

You may be of the opinion that it was not "that glamorous"...I am of the opinion that Bill Cosby in the 1980s did not do a whole lot that wasn't pretty glamorous, especially so to a young teenager.

I guess that just sounds unbelievable to some folks, but I'm just putting that out there.

Again I have no idea whether she's lying or not.....but more shocking tales of seemingly willing abuse or astonishingly puzzling/bad decisions made by people in obvious power-imbalance situations happen every single day. To suggest this woman's tale is not believable on the facts is in itself an unbelievable position, in my opinion.

subego
Clinically Insane
Jan 15, 2015, 04:09 PM

Serial abusers have excellent radar for good targets.

That's meant as a general observation, not a comment on this specific case.

OAW
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 16, 2015, 06:39 PM

We'll see if this checks out with other sources. If so then are serious credibility issues with all three of the most high profile Cosby accusers ...

Bill Cosby has PROOF he was not even at the Playboy Mansion the night one of his accusers claims he sexually assaulted her ... so says Cosby's lawyer.

Legal pit bull Marty Singer tells TMZ ... on the date in question -- August 9, 2008 -- he has flight and telephone records that clearly place Cosby in New York City ... 2,500 miles from the Mansion.

Chloe Goins claims Cosby gave her a drink at the Mansion during the Midsummer Night's Party and the next thing she knew she was naked in a bedroom as Cosby sucked her toes and masturbated.

Goins filed a police report this week with the LAPD, but it's problematic. The alleged incident occurred a little more than 6 years ago, and the statute of limitations is 6 years for all sexual assaults except rape -- the rape statute is 10 years, but up to this point Goins never alleged penetration.

Singer says Cosby's team will be "providing documentary evidence to the appropriate authorities which conclusively establishes Mr. Cosby's whereabouts on August 9th."

And one more thing ... the August 9th party was extensively covered by the media, and photos were published of the various celebs in attendance, including Paris Hilton, Matthew Perry, Jason Statham and Bill Maher. There are no pics or mention of Cosby.
Bill Cosby -- Accuser Chloe Goins is a LIAR ... I Wasn't Even There | TMZ.com

OAW

Powerbook
Mac Elite
Feb 25, 2015, 08:18 PM

New Cosby accuser: 'Do you remember me?'
By Chris Perry, CNN

Updated 2210 GMT (0610 HKT) February 25, 2015

"This story contains graphic language."

(CNN)Heidi Thomas has one question for Bill Cosby, "Look me in the eyes. Do you remember me? Do you remember me?"

Thomas says she has held a secret for 30 years. Now, for the first time, she wants to be heard.

Her secret is one that may sound familiar as she adds her name to the list of more than 20 women who have spoken out to various media outlets about allegations of sexual misconduct by Bill Cosby.

Cosby's attorney has called the spate of sexual assault accusations against the comedian "ridiculous."

Martin D. Singer said in a statement it defies common sense that "so many people would have said nothing, done nothing, and made no reports to law enforcement or asserted civil claims if they thought they had been assaulted over a span of so many years."

A representative of Cosby did not immediately respond to this most recent allegation.

Thomas' account dates back to 1984. Los Angeles was preparing for the Summer Olympics, Michael Jackson's "Thriller" album topped 37 million albums sold and a Hollywood icon was ready to launch a new show that would rewrite television history. Bill Cosby was on the verge of superstardom.

Meanwhile in Denver, a 24-year-old aspiring actress, then known as Heidi Johnson, was on the verge of her big break.

"My agent said, 'Well, you're tall enough and slender enough. Let's put you into modeling,'" Thomas recalls.

She was represented by JF Images, considered one of the premier modeling agencies in Denver. Its founder, Jo Farrell, had earned the nickname "Barracuda."
Heidi Thomas says she met with Bill Cosby in 1984.

"I'd go into her office and your knees would shake. But then again, as a young talent trying to get started, you look at that kind of intimidation factor and you think, 'Oh, she's-- she knows what she's doing. I am in good hands here,'" Thomas says.

In 1975, the local press reported that Farrell responded to her nickname by saying, "if being a barracuda means I work very hard, protect my people and being a good businesswoman, then I accept it."

CNN reached Farrell, who is retired, by phone, but she declined to comment on Cosby.

Thomas says her career was picking up in 1984, but she was questioning whether she wanted the lifestyle of a model. That's when the call came from Annie Maloney, an agent with JF Images, who told her there was a very important person in the industry who was "looking for young talent that he can mentor."

She says Maloney told her that she needed to go to Reno, Nevada, because Bill Cosby wanted to work with her -- to coach her and help her act. Maloney died in 1997.

Cosby was performing at Harrah's Hotel and Casino. Thomas says her agent told her she would be staying there and Cosby would probably be doing the coaching in his hotel suite.

Thomas' mother, Greta Lea Johnson, was concerned about her daughter going to a new city by herself.
This is the airline ticket Heidi Thomas says she used to travel from Denver to Reno in 1984.

"I'm not a hovering mother, but, of course, we had no cell phones. We had nothing that we could use to keep in contact with her ... We had no knowledge of where she would be." Looking back, Johnson says, "We were pretty naïve."

Thomas says she was picked up by limousine at the airport in Reno. She questioned the driver because she remembered seeing the city lights behind her as they drove away. Thomas says she was confused because the postcard she bought at the airport showed Harrah's as being in the middle of town.

The driver told her that a friend let Cosby use their house outside Reno so "he doesn't have to deal with all of the paparazzi," Thomas says.
For more than 50 years, Bill Cosby has been one of America's leading entertainers: a noted comedian, an Emmy-winning actor and an innovative producer. However, his reputation has been tarnished by allegations of rape. Here's a look at how Cosby, shown here in 2013, has changed through the years:

Thomas says Cosby greeted her at the door of the sprawling house, and later, the coaching began.

She says she performed a monologue, and when she finished, Cosby asked her to do a cold read of a person who was intoxicated.

According to Thomas, Cosby wasn't impressed. Thomas wasn't much of a drinker.

"How are you ever going play an intoxicated person ... if you've never been drunk?" she says he told her.

She says Cosby wanted her to relax, and he gave her a glass of Chablis.
Heidi Thomas saved a postcard from Cosby's performance at Harrah's.

Thomas admits that her memory of the next few hours is "foggy," but she says that at one point, he may have asked her something like, (Are you) "feeling the part now?" or "Feeling the lines now?"

Thomas says that when she woke up, Cosby was next to her in bed, naked and "forcing himself in my mouth." She says she remembers feeling like she wanted to throw up.

Soon after, Thomas says, Cosby was getting on top of her again and referring to himself in the third person.

"I'm your friend ... your friend is gonna (ejaculate) again," Thomas remembers him saying.

Rather than get angry with Cosby, Thomas says, she made excuses and asked herself, "What's happened? Why am I here? Why is he naked? What did I say? What did I do?"

Thomas says she remembers eventually storming out of the room and slamming the door, and then apologizing for being "rude." The next thing she can remember is riding with Cosby to his show. She says the rest of her memory is spotty: She recalls a cook offering her strawberries and having wine with Cosby before his show. But, she says, she doesn't remember much more from the four-day trip.

Thomas says that months after the incident in Reno, she learned Cosby was going to be in St. Louis. She says she traveled there and was able see him backstage after one of his shows, but never talked to him about what happened in Reno. She was never alone with him, she says.
Heidi Thomas says this picture was taken when she visited Cosby in St. Louis.

"There's another thing I wish I could explain," she says of the trip. "[The] closest thing I can say here is I just wanted to make this right ... I'm still not thinking I've been abused. I'm thinking this is all my fault." Thomas says she wanted to see if Cosby really thought she had talent.

That was 1984 -- and Thomas says that she's been haunted in the years since, thinking that maybe she'd brought it on herself. She chose not to confide in anyone, including her agent or the talent agency.

But Thomas says everything changed a few weeks ago when she learned that her mother knew something had happened in Reno. Thomas says she learned this from a friend; her mother had never mentioned a word of it to her in all these years.

How will we remember Cosby?

Indeed, Johnson says Thomas called her from Reno back in 1984 after her first full day there and after the alleged incident. Thomas says she doesn't remember making that call, but her mother has little trouble recollecting the confusion and anguish she felt hundreds of miles away.

"I remember standing in the kitchen thrilled to hear from my daughter. She was excited." Johnson remembers making some small talk when she said Thomas said something very disturbing.

"I did something wrong and ... I got away and slammed the door," Johnson remembers her daughter telling her.

Johnson says she continued trying to get more information from her daughter on the phone.

"'Did he rape you?' She said, 'No, I got away.'"

Johnson says she wanted to comfort her but didn't know how. "I couldn't reach her. I couldn't touch her. I didn't know anyone in Reno to send her to. She was on the other side of the earth."

Thomas says she returned to Denver with no memory of the flight or the ride home with her parents.
Heidi Thomas plays piano as her mother, Greta Lea Johnson, turns the pages.

"I don't remember seeing them. What did we say to each other? How did she look? I-I-I have nothing."

Johnson says she decided not to mention the phone call -- or let on that she knew in any way -- because she just wanted "things get back to normal" for her daughter.

Thomas has never spoken publicly about this incident, until now. She says finding out that her mother knew all along was what freed her to speak.

"I finally find out that she knows, that Dad knows, that they are supporting me if I want to go public...Then it became full steam ahead, I want to empower people."

"I was beginning to think though...that whole keeping-your-silence is a form of acceptance. It's not supporting the women who are coming forward. It's not helping ... and if enough people make enough of a fuss, maybe we can get a culture that starts to listen," Thomas says.

Today, Thomas teaches piano to children who share the same dreams she did 30 years ago. Playing "Clair de Lune," her mother sits next to her on the bench, turning the pages of her songbook.
In this Nov. 18, 2013 file photo, actor-comedian Bill Cosby poses for a portrait in New York. A woman who said Friday, Dec. 5, 2014, that Cosby had drugged her and sexually assaulted her in 1979, also accused another famous man of attempted sexual assault: sportscaster Marv Albert, who pleaded guilty to assault and battery the day after her surprise testimony against him.

New Cosby accuser: 'Do you remember me?' - CNN.com
Aut Caesar aut nihil.

subego
Clinically Insane
Mar 12, 2015, 03:34 PM

What's with the videotaped phone call in the Hefner pajamas?

My mind is too full of **** on this one. I saw it and my brain refuses to comprehend.

Forum Links
Forum Rules