Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Political/War Lounge > Dearest John Kerry, please shut up. LOL

Dearest John Kerry, please shut up. LOL (Page 4)
marden
Baninated
Nov 1, 2006, 03:04 PM

Originally Posted by The Left View Post
well you know Karl Rove has to be behind this somehow.
Sometimes the smartest thing is to just do nothing.

Don't believe me?

Look at Clinton's response to jihadist attacks!

BlueSky
Mac Elite
Nov 1, 2006, 03:20 PM

Originally Posted by marden View Post

Don't believe me?

Or Bush's reply to the PDB about OBL "Determined to Strike Within US" ("OK, you covered your ass").

!

Spliffdaddy
Posting Junkie
Nov 1, 2006, 03:22 PM

What's the big deal about Kerry saying something profoundly stupid?

We have millions of losers that say stupid things everyday.

Some of them even post here.

Millennium
Clinically Insane
Nov 1, 2006, 03:23 PM

You are in Soviet Russia. It is dark. Grue is likely to be eaten by YOU!

Millennium
Clinically Insane
Nov 1, 2006, 03:24 PM

Originally Posted by marden View Post

Don't believe me?

Actually, Clinton had some responses prepared (think Bush, but minus the war). At the time, Republicans stopped him out of fear for the loss of civil liberties. It's interesting to see just how quickly the roles reversed.
You are in Soviet Russia. It is dark. Grue is likely to be eaten by YOU!

marden
Baninated
Nov 1, 2006, 03:25 PM

Wednesday, November 01, 2006

RNC Releases New Web Ad Entitled “Apologize”

WASHINGTON, D.C. – The Republican National Committee (RNC) today released a new web ad entitled, “Apologize.” The ad focuses on the comments made by Senator John Kerry in California on Monday night and asks Senator Kerry to apologize to our troops. “Apologize” will be emailed to millions of Republican supporters, grassroots activists, and all state parties. The web ad is available for viewing now on

GOP.com | Republican National Committee :: Home.

Republican National Committee
Web Advertisement
“Apologize”

http://www.rnc.org/News/Read.aspx?ID=6697

BlueSky
Mac Elite
Nov 1, 2006, 03:25 PM

Originally Posted by Spliffdaddy View Post

OHMYGODTHEYDONOT!!!

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Nov 1, 2006, 03:26 PM

Originally Posted by Spliffdaddy View Post

Bingo!

Why obsess over him, he's just another politician...

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Nov 1, 2006, 03:28 PM

Originally Posted by Millennium View Post

I'm sure it won't be for many others who will carry on as if Kerry raped their daughters and pilaged America and everything it has always stood for.

BlueSky
Mac Elite
Nov 1, 2006, 03:33 PM

John Kerry should apologize. Our soldiers are waiting.
Heh. Classic.

The children. Think of the children.

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Nov 1, 2006, 03:35 PM

He apologized? Well I want him to apologize again, and this time I want him to address the troops personally while he wears a baby hat.

Mel Gibson? Forgot that guy, I'll go easy on him because he made that cool movie about God and Jesus.

marden
Baninated
Nov 1, 2006, 03:39 PM

Actually, Clinton had some responses prepared (think Bush, but minus the war). At the time, Republicans stopped him out of fear for the loss of civil liberties. It's interesting to see just how quickly the roles reversed.
While I admire your effort to be neutral, fair and balanced, I must say that Clinton yielded to public opinion, shifting with the vagaries of a fickle public because he had no strong sense of outrage at America being attacked or because military action just wasn't his 'thing.'

Or because he thought something else was more important (each time an attack occurred) or because he was ideologically 'married' to the idea that war is bad and peace and love (above all) was the answer to an intractable foe.

On the other hand, GWB has done what was best for America in spite of withering attacks from all corners.

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Nov 1, 2006, 03:42 PM

davesimondotcom
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 1, 2006, 03:46 PM

Originally Posted by BlueSky View Post
Incorrect. If certain major headlines and news cycles have indicated that certain US soldiers have been or may have been terrorizing civilians, and he makes those remarks, I don't think he's off the mark at all by not specificizing what he said. It's in the news, everyone knows what he's talking about and it doesn't take a wizard to know what he's talking about. Current events.
The implication of his remarks, combined with remarks he's made since the 1970s is that he thinks the United States military is an organization that supports, condones and even encourages rape, murder and the "terrorizing of children and women."

Is THAT what that means? So now it's "at least a majority"? How you do infer, sir! I'm not going to even touch that.
You were the one who began the parsing of words. Kerry has a history of attacking the military, and you know it.

Maybe he didn't have the names handy. And by the way, will it deal a fatal blow to your sense of patriotism and dedication to your country to find out that maybe...just maybe...it actually happened? Or would you prefer that the truth about that be buried forever? Would it be a bad thing if Kerry or anyone else brought to light that certain atrocities have occurred in Iraq by our soldiers?
He didn't have the names handy? He's accusing people of terrorizing children, but couldn't be bothered to write their names down?

He hasn't had the opportunity since the 1970s to mentions specific names? Give me a break.

The soldiers who are accused of murder and torture are a tiny minority of the fighting force which is, by all accounts, a very professional group of people.

Kerry isn't bringing ANYTHING to light. The military, itself, has charged the Pendleton Eight with crimes. The military, itself, prosecuted the "leash girl."

I'm asking because it appears to me that accusing a US soldier of atrocities is far worse for you than the actual atrocities having taken place. Correct me if I'm mistaken.
Nice effort, but don't put words into my mouth. I condemned the acts of torture and humiliation and will continue to do so. I am sickened by anyone committing atrocities in the name of our country. I want any military personnel who commit such acts to be charged and punished.

I'm simply condemning John Kerry's non-specific attacks against the men and women who wear the uniform he once wore. He's done it since 1972, so this isn't out of character for him.

I'll continue to believe that our military, by the huge majority, is a very professional force of great men and women. I'll continue to believe that, by the huge majority, they do more good than harm in the places they are sent.

I'm proud of them, despite the very small minority of them who have been asshats.
[ sig removed - image host changed it to a big ad picture ]

marden
Baninated
Nov 1, 2006, 03:48 PM

Originally Posted by besson3c View Post
Boy does he have a red scrotum!

Nicko
Professional Poster
Nov 1, 2006, 03:52 PM

That is awsome.

SpaceMonkey
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 1, 2006, 04:15 PM

Originally Posted by CRASH HARDDRIVE View Post
It was such a success for Lurch and the Dems?
Of course not, but the very, very tight election results would indicate that he wasn't a horrible candidate (your "Democrats wanted to lose"/"total nitwit" remark)

"One ticket to Washington, please. I have a date with destiny."

marden
Baninated
Nov 1, 2006, 04:27 PM

Originally Posted by Nicko View Post
That is awsome.
You're embarrassing yourself. By all means, continue.

Speaking of an embarrassment...

AUDIO

“You know education, if you make the most of it, you study hard, you do your homework, and you make an effort to be smart, you can do well. If you don't you get stuck in Iraq.” (Sen. John Kerry, NBC 4’s Website, www.nbc4.tv, Accessed 10/31/06)
VIDEO

“I’m very proud of these soldiers. You would be proud of them as well. Their parents are proud of them. They are proud of their service.” (Maj. General Thomas Bostick, News Briefing, 10/10/06)

“[T]he men and women who are fighting are the very, very best of us, and it’s amazing. When you meet the guardsmen who have been over there three times, our National Guard and others, it’s remarkable the great job they’re doing ...” (Sen. John McCain, NBC’s “Meet The Press,” 8/20/06)

“I’ll tell you one of the things that just struck me when I was there, in Baghdad. I looked in the eyes of our civilians who were there and I looked in the eyes of our troops, and I saw brave, honorable, and decent, and courageous souls; I saw the best of America.” (President Bush, Remarks At The 2006 President’s Dinner, Washington, D.C., 6/19/06)

2004 Democrat Nominee For President

John Kerry

John Kerry Should Apologize.

Our Soldiers Are Waiting.

Paid For By The Republican National Committee. Not Authorized By Any Candidate Or Candidate Committee. www.GOP.com

besson3c
Clinically Insane

I just *LOVE* this show, I'm seriously becoming addicted to it. Check out this clip:

NBC.com > The Office > Video

ebuddy  (op)
Posting Junkie

He apologized? Well I want him to apologize again, and this time I want him to address the troops personally while he wears a baby hat.

Mel Gibson? Forgot that guy, I'll go easy on him because he made that cool movie about God and Jesus.
"easy on Mel Gibson"? I believe that story was pounded no less than two weeks. You'd think he was a front-runner for President in '08 or something.
ebuddy

marden
Baninated
Nov 1, 2006, 04:37 PM

Originally Posted by SpaceMonkey View Post
Of course not, but the very, very tight election results would indicate that he wasn't a horrible candidate (your "Democrats wanted to lose"/"total nitwit" remark)
Those results reflected a John Kerry that few of us knew. As time has gone on the more we've seen the less we've liked of him.

DLQ2006
Dedicated MacNNer
Nov 1, 2006, 04:42 PM

[QUOTE=BlueSky;3188667]
In all of this, you have to ask yourself the question: No matter how lame or dumb you think Kerry is, do you really think he's dumb enough to come out and say that the people serving in Iraq are dumb or uneducated and proceed to alienate most of the country? The guy is the consummate politician. If nothing else, he knows better as a politician to not do that.
He was playing to his audience. You act as if this is his first insult directed at the military. He has spent the last 30+ years calling them far worse names and accusing them of crimes against humanity.

He IS, however, stiff and quite possibly not suited for delivering humor of any sort, no matter how hard he tries.
Maybe next time he is trying to deliver "humor" he can try smiling and laughing followed by the comment "just kidding", rather than the bitter, serious tone of an angry man. Most people would have immediately corrected themselves but he is too eaten up with hatred and had to be pressured into an apology that isn't even a real apology in which he still has not owned up to what he did. Even his own words are bush's fault and his first attempt to respond was nothing more than the moonbat ramblings of a lunatic.

Funny how Kerry flubs a dumb joke and Repubs have sparks shooting from their ears, while Bush not only flubs ordinary speech on a daily basis, but (once again) jokes about WMD at the Radio and Television Correspondents' dinner while his charges are dying. THAT'S offensive, not Lurch giving humor a whirl.
And you don't see the difference between the context of Kerry's speech and the context of a Television correspondent's dinner in which the whole intent is to poke fun of policy decisions and personalities. It would have been inappropriate had the war been based solely on WMD, but it wasn't. Because WMD has not been found, does not mean it was not there. Sadam had over a year to dispose of it or move it to another country. He was counting on being able to hide out until world pressure forced the coalition troops out of Iraq, at which time he could resume his dictatorship and work on getting weapons back under his control. Thank Goodness things didn't work out so well for him. Toppling the Sadam regime and killing his sons was America at her finest. Sticking around to try to teach a bunch of buffoons how to be civilized and run a democracy will probaby one day be referred to as America at her most foolish. But whatever Bush has said, he has never accused the military of being murderers, rapists, or terrorists and he has never implied they are stupid. Big difference regarding "jokes".

And (davesimon) if he said any of our soldiers are "terrorizing people in Iraq", do you actually have the intellectual dishonesty to say that he was referring to all of them? Or could it be he was referring to abu ghraib or the group of soldiers who have been accused of killing an Iraqi family and whatever else has been in the news?
Maybe Kerry should be a bit more careful in choosing his words then in order to not make sweeping generalizations about the military. That's not too much to expect from a sophisticated intellectual from New England is it? Afterall, aren't they so much smarter than the rest of us simpletons? Is he not smart enough to speak of the kind of rare incidents like Abu Graib in a way that keeps the issue in perspective? Or could it be that he exploits those kinds of rare incidents to score political points when he's speaking to an audience that eats up that kind of trashing of our military but then when is criticized for it, plays the misunderstood card? And the 'how dare anybody who hasn't worn the uniform of our country oppose him' card. The overuse of that card is about the most sickening thing I've ever seen in politics.

He's familiar with the Rovian way, he's been through it before. No need to kiss Rove's/Bush's ass, and he learned the hard way what happens when you're not quick to respond to it.

Ah Rove..........YOU MAGNIFICENT BASTARD! You did it again. How did you ever find a Republican plant such as Kerry to infiltrate the Democratic party and destroy it from within? Brilliant I'll tell you, how brilliant you are.

DLQ2006
Dedicated MacNNer
Nov 1, 2006, 04:59 PM

Originally Posted by The Left View Post
Oh come on! Now that is humor and you know it. Or is it just too deep for you? That's what the hippy leftists say to those of us that don't understand them. That we just aren't deep enough to get it. Not deep enough into that psychedelic lucy in the sky crap I guess.

BRussell
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 1, 2006, 05:00 PM

There's no doubt in my mind that this was a set up by Carville or some other Democratic genius.

• It gets Bush talking about Iraq again, after they had decided to run on the economy.
• It shows the country how Republicans will feign outrage and dishonestly whine over silly comments.
• Kerry isn't running for anything right now so it doesn't matter for him.
• It shows the country how biased the media are in favor of White House talking points, no matter how ridiculous.

I think this got Democrats another 10 seats in the House and another 1 or 2 in the Senate.

marden
Baninated
Nov 1, 2006, 05:11 PM

Originally Posted by BRussell View Post
There's no doubt in my mind that this was a set up by Carville or some other Democratic genius.

• It gets Bush talking about Iraq again, after they had decided to run on the economy.
• It shows the country how Republicans will feign outrage and dishonestly whine over silly comments.
• It shows the country how biased the media are in favor of White House talking points, no matter how ridiculous.

I think this got Democrats another 10 seats in the House and another 1 or 2 in the Senate.
You must be reading from the Hezbollah playbook.

You call this victory? I say let's give you guys a few more, then!

davesimondotcom
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 1, 2006, 05:27 PM

1. Bush hadn't stopped talking about Iraq or the war on terrorism. He just also decided to highlight economic success.

2. The GOP doesn't have a stranglehold on outrage or whining about someone's silly comments. See Rush Limbaugh, Rick Santorom, George Allen, and even our own Conrad Burns.

3. Bush isn't running for anything either, yet he's the centerpiece of most Democratic ads.

4. P-shaw.
( Last edited by davesimondotcom; Nov 1, 2006 at 05:36 PM. )

vmarks
Moderator Emeritus
Nov 1, 2006, 05:29 PM

My dear honorable BRussell, I hold you in the highest regard.

I think Carville and Begala would be ashamed if this had been theirs. They're much more intelligent than this.

Carville and Begala would have a few things to say about this, if I know them. What I know they would say is:
(a) take a position first. It makes everyone address your position. -- you get this much almost right when you think it makes Bush talk about Iraq, but you're in error. I'll get to that error.

(b) When you F up (Carville talks and writes like this) apologize. Apologize directly to the issue, do it once, do it sincerely, and then move on. Do not become a serial apologizer.

Kerry failed on (b) by issuing a non-apology, claiming it was about a botched joke, about the President, and said he apologizes for nothing he says against the President. Fine, but that's no apology. An apology is saying something like, "I'm a strong supporter of the troops as a veteran myself, and I never meant to suggest that they are unintelligent or uneducated. I care for their safety and want to see them home from Iraq as soon as possible. For this misunderstanding, I apologize."

But Kerry doesn't come from the Carville school. He's not cut from that cloth. Still I understand it: Clinton, arguably the best of Carville's students, failed when he became a serial apologizer. Kerry isn't a quarter the man that Clinton was.

Wrong, it gives Bush a righteous podium to talk about how he loves the soldiers and a major Democrat does not. Talking about the great economy and being grateful for our intelligent and honorable soldiers is not a conflict, and not much of a distraction.
Are you sure? A major Democrat name insulted all soldiers actively serving and that flies in contradiction with the Democrat position that they 'support the troops, not the war' nevermind that this particular Democrat supported the 87 billion before he was against the 87 billion, or the reverse position, I can't be sure with him.
And some Democrat candidates have chosen to cancel their appearances with Kerry over this. He's an embarrasment and Democrat candidates know it. He's drawn attention away from their candidacy and put it on himself, sucking all the air out of the room for Democrat candidates.
The liberal media that attacks Bush at every turn, to the point of trying to equate this to Michael J Fox somehow, had two options: Ignore that Kerry ever spoke (difficult, would give away their cover as unbiased, give away the possibility to try and scoop a story or compete with other news providers,) or run with the story. They couldn't take your position and Kerry's position that it's a joke gone wrong, simply because that non-apology is so lame and fraudulent as to show their bias for all to see. You have no problem with that bias, but they do, because they cannot afford to lose any more audience. Newspapers are dead. Television nightly news suffered a large blow thanks to Dan Rather. CNN has injured itself with the sniper coverage / embedding with terrorists.

When Democrat candidates are distancing themselves from the statement and from Kerry, I think you may be in error.

BlueSky
Mac Elite
Nov 1, 2006, 05:33 PM

Originally Posted by DLQ2006 View Post
[

Maybe next time he is trying to deliver "humor" he can try smiling and laughing followed by the comment "just kidding", rather than the bitter, serious tone of an angry man. Most people would have immediately corrected themselves but he is too eaten up with hatred and had to be pressured into an apology that isn't even a real apology in which he still has not owned up to what he did. Even his own words are bush's fault and his first attempt to respond was nothing more than the moonbat ramblings of a lunatic.
Since context is important, and no doubt important to you, I suggest you look at the clip again. I had a hard time finding one or two that wasn't clipped off right after his comment:

This...

...and this (after you get through the weird intro)

Obviously, he was smiling and obviously there was no deafening silence from the crowd, as others have imagined.

As the second clip shows/explains, the joke was one of two in a row aimed at the president.

Most people would have immediately corrected themselves but he is too eaten up with hatred and had to be pressured into an apology that isn't even a real apology in which he still has not owned up to what he did.
Maybe you confuse anger with hatred. I could easily confuse your anger with hatred in your post and others of yours I've read, but I haven't so far.

placebo1969
Grizzled Veteran
Nov 1, 2006, 05:33 PM

Reading that, he apologized for a "botched" joke, but he didn't apologize to the military.

davesimondotcom
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 1, 2006, 05:44 PM

Originally Posted by placebo1969 View Post
Reading that, he apologized for a "botched" joke, but he didn't apologize to the military.
It seemed to me to be more of like when a criminal says he's sorry and really means he's sorry he got caught.

No, I'm not saying Kerry is a criminal!

I have no doubt that, at this point, he is truly sorry that he "botched the joke." But, is he truly sorry that his words, however he meant them, offended some military folks?

placebo1969
Grizzled Veteran
Nov 1, 2006, 05:46 PM

It's the '60s mindset that the military is for the poor and downtrodden due to the draft. The military has been 100% volunteer for 30+ years.

Spliffdaddy
Posting Junkie
Nov 1, 2006, 05:47 PM

It doesn't even matter what Kerry meant.

99.99% of Americans will base their opinion on what they heard Kerry say.

Kerrigan
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 1, 2006, 05:53 PM

Inappropriate, even for a would-be/has-been presidential nominee.

BRussell
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 1, 2006, 05:57 PM

Originally Posted by davesimondotcom View Post
4. P-shaw.
Originally Posted by vmarks View Post
My dear honorable BRussell, I hold you in the highest regard.
Haha, well save your energy because I was only kidding with that post.

But the point I was trying to make is that an "issue" like this is all a confidence game. The President of the US gets out there and feigns outrage and demands an apology. Does anyone really believe he was outraged by Kerry's statement? Come on. It's all about creating a myth and acting like you believe it. Then the media reports the "renewed energy" shown by the president and Republicans, and how the "tide is turning." Riiiiight.

Well, it's just as easy to BS the opposite way, and claim that Bush has overplayed his hand, and how this has now energized Democrats and demoralized Republicans. It's all about the myth created, and whether the lemmings in the media report it the way you want.

hyteckit
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 1, 2006, 06:07 PM

Well, guess I've be voted for the 2nd time in my life.

Going to vote for Democrats down the line. Had enough of Republicans. No plans. Just gimmicky saying every few weeks.
Bush Tax Cuts == Job Killer
June 2001: 132,047,000 employed
June 2003: 129,839,000 employed
2.21 million jobs were LOST after 2 years of Bush Tax Cuts.

hyteckit
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 1, 2006, 06:14 PM

Hmmm... hopefully not too late to register to vote.

vmarks
Moderator Emeritus
Nov 1, 2006, 06:14 PM

BRussell, if this is a confidence game, Kerry has already lost it

(a) he lost it for himself by issuing a weak apology. He could have either issued a real apology as I wrote for him above, or stood by his words entirely and confidently, no matter how offensive.

(b) he lost it for Democrat candidates by drawing attention away from their candidacy and putting it on himself when he isn't running for anything.

ironknee
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 1, 2006, 06:18 PM

Oh come on! Now that is humor and you know it. Or is it just too deep for you? That's what the hippy leftists say to those of us that don't understand them. That we just aren't deep enough to get it. Not deep enough into that psychedelic lucy in the sky crap I guess.
it's called low-brow humor...good enough for you i guess

vmarks
Moderator Emeritus
Nov 1, 2006, 06:20 PM

Originally Posted by hyteckit View Post
Hmmm... hopefully not too late to register to vote.

Probably is, if you intend to vote in this election. What you may be able to do is one of two things:

(a) find that you were registered in that state in the past, but not for your current residence, so you can change the address and they'll let you vote

(b) register and vote provisional ballot.

DLQ2006
Dedicated MacNNer
Nov 1, 2006, 06:45 PM

I think you're projecting. It's the liberal democrats that would rather feign outrage over the hurt feelings of Michael J. Fox, a hollywood actor, than give a crap about the feelings of the entire U.S. military, all the veterans, and every military family member in the country. I can tell you that as a veteran and as a wife of an active duty pilot, I am offended by Kerry's self-serving remarks. Of course, I'm not a hollywood actor so what I or other family members think means nothing to liberal democrats. The fact that you use the words "whine" and "silly comments" in response to kerry implying that those in Iraq are stupid when they are actually some of the most patriotic, brave, and well educated men and women this country has to offer who have volunteered to put their lives on the line for us, shows how self-serving you are.

BRussell
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 1, 2006, 06:52 PM

BRussell, if this is a confidence game, Kerry has already lost it

(a) he lost it for himself by issuing a weak apology. He could have either issued a real apology as I wrote for him above, or stood by his words entirely and confidently, no matter how offensive.

(b) he lost it for Democrat candidates by drawing attention away from their candidacy and putting it on himself when he isn't running for anything.
This kind of nonsense is only "won" or "lost" by getting the media to buy into your BS. Anyone who claims this - or who is offended by Rush Limbaugh, or who is ahead or behind in the polls, or who made a gaffe, or any of the other nonsense that the media passes off for election "issues" - is anything but nonsense has been drinking way too much Kool-aid.

BRussell
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 1, 2006, 06:57 PM

I think you're projecting. It's the liberal democrats that would rather feign outrage over the hurt feelings of Michael J. Fox, a hollywood actor, than give a crap about the feelings of the entire U.S. military, all the veterans, and every military family member in the country. I can tell you that as a veteran and as a wife of an active duty pilot, I am offended by Kerry's self-serving remarks. Of course, I'm not a hollywood actor so what I or other family members think means nothing to liberal democrats. The fact that you use the words "whine" and "silly comments" in response to kerry implying that those in Iraq are stupid when they are actually some of the most patriotic, brave, and well educated men and women this country has to offer who have volunteered to put their lives on the line for us, shows how self-serving you are.
Wah wah wah, the big mean man huwt my feewings. Whine to someone else, I ain't buying it. The president sends your wife off to a war that, by most objective observers' accounts, has distracted us from the war on terrorism and significantly decreased our national security, and not only doesn't bother to pay for it but also cuts billions out of our budgets for tax cuts on those who need it least, and you're "offended" by some dumb politician's off-the-cuff comment? Yeah right. Try your political correctness out on someone else.

Spliffdaddy
Posting Junkie
Nov 1, 2006, 07:00 PM

And that, folks, is the reason Democrats haven't won power.

and won't.

ebuddy  (op)
Posting Junkie
Nov 1, 2006, 07:10 PM

But the point I was trying to make is that an "issue" like this is all a confidence game.
... as he gets stiff-armed by Imus.

The President of the US gets out there and feigns outrage and demands an apology.
Let's not forget Hillary Clinton's feigned outrage too. Classic!

Does anyone really believe he was outraged by Kerry's statement? Come on. It's all about creating a myth and acting like you believe it. Then the media reports the "renewed energy" shown by the president and Republicans, and how the "tide is turning." Riiiiight.
... and Harold Ford asks him to please stay home. All affirming the renewed energy of the Democrats as they thrust themselves into those highly contested seats.

ebuddy

finboy
Nov 1, 2006, 07:50 PM

It was a bad joke about Bush and had nothing to do with the troops.

The Blog | Taylor Marsh: Kerry's Mangled Statement a Distraction --updated-- | The Huffington Post
Well, that's what the fax of the day says. They didn't list the new Kool-Aid flavor though.

BRussell
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 1, 2006, 07:53 PM

Originally Posted by ebuddy View Post
Let's not forget Hillary Clinton's feigned outrage too. Classic!

... and Harold Ford asks him to please stay home. All affirming the renewed energy of the Democrats as they thrust themselves into those highly contested seats.

Further confirming how this was all orchestrated by Democratic party operatives. Republicans are outraged and demand that Democrats condemn this terrible thing! and Democrats running in conservative states and running against Kerry for the 2008 presidential nomination happily oblige!

You people are being played like a fiddle by George Soros and Michael Moore pulling the strings in the background. Tell me, how does it feel?

itai195
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 1, 2006, 08:01 PM

It's all about creating a myth and acting like you believe it. Then the media reports the "renewed energy" shown by the president and Republicans, and how the "tide is turning." Riiiiight.

This whole 'issue' is so mind-numbingly stupid. The guy botched a bad joke, get over it.

hyteckit
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 1, 2006, 08:14 PM

Probably is, if you intend to vote in this election. What you may be able to do is one of two things:

(a) find that you were registered in that state in the past, but not for your current residence, so you can change the address and they'll let you vote

(b) register and vote provisional ballot.
I think yesterday was the last day for an absentee ballot. I'll check tonight to see if I can still register.

marden
Baninated
Nov 1, 2006, 08:36 PM

Originally Posted by hyteckit View Post
Well, guess I've be voted for the 2nd time in my life.

Going to vote for Democrats down the line. Had enough of Republicans. No plans. Just gimmicky saying every few weeks.
Speeky Engleesh, please.

I guess SOMEONE might go and get hisself stuck in Irak.

Kerry 'botched' Iraq joke hits Democrats

Wednesday 01 November 2006, 11:40 Makka Time, 8:40 GMT

Kerry lost to Bush in the 2004 US presidential election

John Kerry, the Democratic US senator, is facing widespread criticism after suggesting American college students could end up as soldiers in Iraq if they do not study hard.

With the Iraq war a dominant issue in America's mid-term congressional elections on November 7, Kerry's comment has been seen as a gaffe that has given Republicans a boost in the run-up to the polls.

While campaigning in California, Kerry told a college crowd on Monday: "You know, education, if you make the most of it, you study hard, you do your homework and you make an effort to be smart, you can do well. If you don't, you get stuck in Iraq."

George Bush, the US president, quickly seized on the controversy and demanded that Kerry should apologise.

Bush said at a campaign rally in Georgia where the crowd booed at Kerry's quote: "The senator's suggestion that the men and women of our military are somehow uneducated is insulting and it is shameful.

"The members of the United States military are plenty smart and they are plenty brave and the senator from Massachusetts owes them an apology."
http://english.aljazeera.net/NR/exer...E8E328A8E9.htm

This is from al Jazeera.

I wonder if the jihadists will read this and become so confused about who to try to support and manipulate in our elections that they'll just stop killing all the Iraqis.

marden
Baninated
Nov 1, 2006, 08:49 PM

This is all a delicious strawman for the Repubs, you know it, we all know it, so argue about it but don't forget it's a strawman.
I've been thinking about this post of yours and it has finally hit me that when it comes to strawmen and being insincerely aghast about an issue and using it as a green light to attack the opponent, isn't that what the Democrats have been doing with regard to Iraq?

You know there are lots of Democrats who understand the importance of finishing the job in Iraq but they gladly bash Bush because it helps their own selfish interests.

And yes, that is worse than what's happening here.

To know that soldiers' lives are on the line and that a loss there would increase the speed and likelihood of a jihadist campaign on America, those who would do that are infinitely worse that anyone involved in bashing Kerry or his Kerry's comments.

Forum Links
Forum Rules