Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > An Apple Commercial

An Apple Commercial
Dougmc
Forum Regular
Mar 11, 2003, 09:47 AM

There's a Volkwagen Jetta commercial that's been airing for a while now that shows a man sitting in the driver's seat of a car, talking on his cell phone. "Yea, I'm still in the car...I don't know, 10 minutes, 20 minutes..." He appears frustrated, as if he's stuck in traffic. Finally, his anxiety boils and he gives the horn a honk from frustration. Suddenly, you can see embarassment, surprise, even fear, wash across his face as he looks out the front window at something or someone that clearly didn't appreciate his impatience.

The camera is pulled back to show the entire scene: He's been sitting in his new Jetta while it's still going through the assembly line at Volkswagen.

The voiceover says something to imply that Jetta owners can't wait to get their new cars.

Tell me, isn't that exactly what all of us 17" PowerBook fans are feeling like?

AssassyN
Professional Poster
Mar 11, 2003, 09:49 AM

I definitely feel the likeness
5G 60GB video iPod
512MB iPod Shuffle
Westone UM1 Canalphones

Patcarla
Mac Elite
Mar 11, 2003, 09:51 AM

Originally posted by Dougmc:
There's a Volkwagen Jetta commercial that's been airing for a while now that shows a man sitting in the driver's seat of a car, talking on his cell phone. "Yea, I'm still in the car...I don't know, 10 minutes, 20 minutes..." He appears frustrated, as if he's stuck in traffic. Finally, his anxiety boils and he gives the horn a honk from frustration. Suddenly, you can see embarassment, surprise, even fear, wash across his face as he looks out the front window at something or someone that clearly didn't appreciate his impatience.

The camera is pulled back to show the entire scene: He's been sitting in his new Jetta while it's still going through the assembly line at Volkswagen.

The voiceover says something to imply that Jetta owners can't wait to get their new cars.

Yep, pretty close..funny... I feel for you guys..
Powerbook 1.67ghz 15" (100GB HD, 128MB VRAM, 1.5GB RAM)

urrl5201
Mar 11, 2003, 10:28 AM

Yeah, I'm still here...no, I don't know whats the hold up; I can't even get on the net...just a blank screen...this is ridiculous. No, I can't tell them to hurry; they only speak Taiwanese...They guy is putting in the GPU right now. This conveyer belt is so @#$% uncomfortable; I have been sitting in the same spot for the last three hours! Wait, he's asking me something...I think he wants me to pass him the screwdriver. He's turning it on! It's booting up! Yeah! I'm running out of the building right now with it under my arm! Of course they are after me! There is a big fat one at the entrance, hold on...I just asked him to hold my 17", then gave him a right cross and snatched the 17" back...no...I'm still running...OOOOF!!!!
Steve Jobs just tackled me. Mini-Me is kicking me in the head!!! Uhhh...gonna be a little late...Owww! Owww!!!

donny31
Dedicated MacNNer
Mar 11, 2003, 07:40 PM

Originally posted by Dougmc:

Very cool --thats is how I feel right now --thank god I didnt sell mt 15.2 on ebay 2 months ago (the buyer turned out to be a fake)--I feel I lucked out b/c the guy thats going to buy my 15.2 is very content with waiting for the new 17" to come --great guy--Im also learning a great deal about OS 10 in the mean time.

tooki
Admin Emeritus
Mar 12, 2003, 10:25 PM

Except that the PowerBook is almost entirely assembled by robots (since most of the parts are too small to be built by humans).

tooki

chrisutley
Grizzled Veteran
Mar 12, 2003, 11:44 PM

Originally posted by tooki:
Except that the PowerBook is almost entirely assembled by robots (since most of the parts are too small to be built by humans).

tooki
Damn, dirty robots! They are hording our PowerBooks in a plot to take over the World!
MacBook and iMac Core 2 Duo 24"

SplijinX
Dedicated MacNNer
Mar 13, 2003, 02:22 AM

Built by robots, repaired by humans...hrm...

Maybe they have tiny elves working in repairs
Are those free-ranged animal crackers?

Forum Links
Forum Rules