Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Political/War Lounge > Economic Girly Men?

Economic Girly Men?
Jaey
Mac Elite
Oct 7, 2004, 10:48 PM

I really am sorry to dredge up such an old topic, but I just heard Arnold Shwarzenegger's Republican National Convention speech (downloaded off of iTMS). I would just like to point out this quote once more:
"And to those critics who are so pessimistic about our economy, I say: Don't be economic girly men."
I personally, was appalled. Not only is it sexist, but it's promoting a complete disregard for the terrible shape our economy is in.
And this man is governer?

Sorry, I just had to vent a little steam...

RAILhead
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 7, 2004, 10:52 PM

Originally posted by Jaey:
I really am sorry to dredge up such an old topic, but I just heard Arnold Shwarzenegger's Republican National Convention speech (downloaded off of iTMS). I would just like to point out this quote once more:
"And to those critics who are so pessimistic about our economy, I say: Don't be economic girly men."
I personally, was appalled. Not only is it sexist, but it's promoting a complete disregard for the terrible shape our economy is in.
And this man is governer?

Sorry, I just had to vent a little steam...
Come on now, it's Arnold -- you *do* understand the joke, right? Where that phrase comes from, right?

Maury
"Everything's so clear to me now: I'm the keeper of the cheese and you're the lemon merchant. Get it? And he knows it.
That's why he's gonna kill us. So we got to beat it. Yeah. Before he let's loose the marmosets on us."
my bandmy web sitemy guitar effectsmy photosfacebookbrightpoint

Jaey  (op)
Mac Elite
Oct 7, 2004, 10:55 PM

Originally posted by RAILhead:
Come on now, it's Arnold -- you *do* understand the joke, right? Where that phrase comes from, right?
I understand the joke, but it's not funny.

Krusty
Professional Poster
Oct 7, 2004, 10:59 PM

Don't worry, its OK to vent....

The guy is an ex bodybuilder and action movie star. That he could get elected to the governorship of the most major state in the US is a sign that the "girly man" schtick is a good reflection of the state of politics here.

chabig
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 7, 2004, 11:14 PM

If you were really appalled, you need to grow some thicker skin. That was a funny remark.

constrictor
Dedicated MacNNer
Oct 7, 2004, 11:30 PM

This is 21st Century politics in America.

Stupid = Good

Inappropriate remarks = Even Better

Forum Links
Forum Rules