Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Developer Center > Email spam?

Email spam?
Jaey
Mac Elite
Mar 14, 2004, 06:52 PM

I'm not sure if this question belongs in this forum, but anyway.
I was checking my email ([email protected]) and I got these two messages that were delivery failure notifications. I read them, and I realized that I had never sent emails to the two addresses listed. I was wondering about this, but I had a message to send. I then sent my message. But instead of getting a sent message confirmation, I got this:
Your network address is blacklisted, this means that your network range or your server is in our blacklist. If you think you were added by mistake, please send us just an empty email from your blocked email address to [email protected] and we will investigate this issue and remove your domain from our blacklist immediately if we found no spam reports associated with your SMTP IP.
After reading this, it seemed to me like someone is spamming through my email account or something. Can anybody describe what's happening?

Forum Links
Forum Rules