Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Art & Graphic Design > Studio 8 is out by Macromedia.

Studio 8 is out by Macromedia.
budster101
Baninated
Location: Illinois might be cold and flat, but at least it's ugly.
Aug 8, 2005, 11:16 AM

Anyone trying to upgrade or buy it?

I've gone to the site (upgrade store) and cannot load it.... This is the version I've been waiting for my Mac. I like the player 8, and it's working well with my previous work. Wish I could upgrade, I've got an immediate need for this.

Thoughts?

iMOTOR
Mac Elite
Aug 8, 2005, 05:47 PM

I'll try to to upgrade (goes looking for visa card )

Had to laugh while watching the Sony Vaio customer success story, they showed Studio 8 screenshots on Mac Os X

loki74
Mac Elite
Aug 8, 2005, 06:48 PM

My biggest gripe with animation in Flash is the lack of bezier-spline animation.

Therefore, the best thing I'm looking at as far as new animation features is the custom easing... this may be reason alone to buy the new version. but as a 3D animator, I must say that it is far from the bezier motion that I am used to, and while it is a great improvement, it still does not deliver the animation power I would like to have.

My biggest gripe with other stuff in Flash is the text rendering.

The new text rendering is veyr enticing. I hope that the non-antialiased version remains not antialiased even if it or its parent falls on a sub-pixel. It was very annoying manually deleting the ".5"'s from all my text objects.

If not the custim easing, the video features will do it for me... once I have the coin...

"In a world without walls or fences, what need have we for windows or gates?"

himself
Mac Elite
Aug 8, 2005, 07:15 PM

Originally Posted by loki74
My biggest gripe with animation in Flash is the lack of bezier-spline animation.

Therefore, the best thing I'm looking at as far as new animation features is the custom easing... this may be reason alone to buy the new version. but as a 3D animator, I must say that it is far from the bezier motion that I am used to, and while it is a great improvement, it still does not deliver the animation power I would like to have.

My biggest gripe with other stuff in Flash is the text rendering.

The new text rendering is veyr enticing. I hope that the non-antialiased version remains not antialiased even if it or its parent falls on a sub-pixel. It was very annoying manually deleting the ".5"'s from all my text objects.

If not the custim easing, the video features will do it for me... once I have the coin...
There is a cool custom tweening/easing tool at http://laco.wz.cz/tween/, that lets you control easing via actionscript or frame-based animations. It comes with a set of easing presets, and you can create your own too.

There is also an undocumented, built-in class for custom animation using actionscript, but I can't remember where it is on the Macromedia site.

I'm really looking forward to Flash Pro 8 myself, if only to hope that the performance has improved over that horribly coded pile that they called Flash 7...
"Bill Gates can't guarantee Windows... how can you guarantee my safety?"
-John Crichton

himself
Mac Elite
Aug 8, 2005, 07:20 PM

Here is the page on the tween and transition class that is already in Flash 7. As far as anyone knows, this is the only official documentation of these features. And, I think it is only available via actionscript.
"Bill Gates can't guarantee Windows... how can you guarantee my safety?"
-John Crichton

budster101  (op)
Baninated
Location: Illinois might be cold and flat, but at least it's ugly.
Aug 8, 2005, 11:40 PM

I have the Flash 8 player and my Flash 7 work plays much better, so this is quite telling for me. I'm all for not having to remove the .5's from my non-anti-aliased text... what a pain...

Just need the coin myself...

Forum Links
Forum Rules