Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Political/War Lounge > Trump Banned from the UK

Trump Banned from the UK (Page 2)
Cap'n Tightpants
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 24, 2016, 04:41 AM

In the UK they've banned large numbers of their own citizens from Universities and gov't facilities, for doing nothing but having dissenting opinions. Looking at it within that context, banning Trump makes sense for them. What else is a looney Regressive to do?
"I have a dream, that my four little children will one day live in a
nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin,
but by the content of their character." - M.L.King Jr

Waragainstsleep  (op)
Posting Junkie
Jan 24, 2016, 07:38 PM

I'm sure there are quite a few muslims on the banned list but they don't make headlines because they are obvious choices.
I have plenty of more important things to do, if only I could bring myself to do them....

Cap'n Tightpants
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 25, 2016, 01:20 AM

I'd like to see which Muslims are on UK university ban lists. Milo Yiannopoulos is blocked from even entering half of them (including his alma mater), and he's just a 130lb queen, armed only with rapier wit and binders full of facts.

Milo Yiannopoulos – The worrying capitulation of free-speech on campus - My Telegraph

Paco500
Professional Poster
Jan 25, 2016, 07:02 AM

Originally Posted by Cap'n Tightpants View Post
I'd like to see which Muslims are on UK university ban lists. Milo Yiannopoulos is blocked from even entering half of them (including his alma mater), and he's just a 130lb queen, armed only with rapier wit and binders full of facts.

Milo Yiannopoulos – The worrying capitulation of free-speech on campus - My Telegraph
I think you linked to the wrong article. Your position was that
In the UK they've banned large numbers of their own citizens from Universities and gov't facilities, for doing nothing but having dissenting opinions
However your evidence seems to be an article about one guy who some hypersensitive students got disinvited to a speaking engagement on one campus and possibly disinvited to another. As I'm sure you are fully aware of the difference between withdrawn speaking engagement invitations and state sponsored bans, you clearly linked to the wrong article.

Hope this helps.
( Last edited by Paco500; Jan 25, 2016 at 12:15 PM. )

Hawkeye_a
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 25, 2016, 10:06 AM

Cap'n Tightpants
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 25, 2016, 02:27 PM

Originally Posted by Paco500 View Post
I think you linked to the wrong article. Your position was that
However your evidence seems to be an article about one guy who some hypersensitive students got disinvited to a speaking engagement on one campus and possibly disinvited to another. As I'm sure you are fully aware of the difference between withdrawn speaking engagement invitations and state sponsored bans, you clearly linked to the wrong article.

Hope this helps.
I was only linking regarding Milo and his ban, I can't find any Muslims that have been banned from UK campuses. The irony of this one is just too rich: Yiannopoulos also banned from censorship event | The Mancunion. A censorship event? Really?

Paco500
Professional Poster
Jan 25, 2016, 03:20 PM

I was only linking regarding Milo and his ban, I can't find any Muslims that have been banned from UK campuses. The irony of this one is just too rich: Yiannopoulos also banned from censorship event | The Mancunion. A censorship event? Really?
Ahh.. I see, you are actually confused and don't understand the difference between self-important snot-nosed students disinviting a speaker and an actual state sponsored ban. They are actually two very different things.

Let me also let you on a cool site I found that has really helped me find things on the internet. It's called Google (Google). I used it and seconds later I found this!

University of Kent bans extremist Islamic preacher Haitham al-Haddad from giving talk on sharia law

Cap'n Tightpants
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 25, 2016, 03:34 PM

Originally Posted by Paco500 View Post
*obnoxious twaddle*
Oh, you just want to be an ass and waste others' time and bandwidth? No problem, I have just the place for you.

Paco500
Professional Poster
Jan 25, 2016, 05:29 PM

Oh, you just want to be an ass and waste others' time and bandwidth? No problem, I have just the place for you.
Just gently pointing out that you are once again spouting unsubstantiated nonsense.

Waragainstsleep  (op)
Posting Junkie
Jan 25, 2016, 09:53 PM

I think there was a guy who got banned or uninvited because he refused to allow men and women to sit together during his talk.
I have plenty of more important things to do, if only I could bring myself to do them....

Forum Links
Forum Rules