Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > Slodobe Apps

Slodobe Apps
l008com
Addicted to MacNN
Jul 31, 2004, 06:29 AM

Is there any particular reason why all adobe apps still take FOREVER to launch? I'm on a G5, and you still have to wait for these apps. Their bouncing alone is more than any other app, and then when their done bouncing, you have to wait through the launching startup window thing. I wish adobe would skip new features and spend a whole version making their apps more compliant with OS X GUI standards (Sheets), making them faster, both launching and drawing palettes etc, and they should make more, if not all of their filters multithreaded. Its such a waste having most photoshop filters still only run on one processor.

MacGorilla
Addicted to MacNN
Jul 31, 2004, 09:35 AM

There too busy making the Windows better than the Mac ones to care.
Power Macintosh Dual G4
SGI Indigo2 6.5.21f

mishap
Mac Elite
Jul 31, 2004, 11:34 AM

haha... sheets? in photoshop. no thanks. i find photoshop pleanty fast on my PBG4, but then again i think filters are cliche and never use them. illustrator and indesign are also great on this tiny powerbook.

please... launch time is needed to load up color profiles, fonts, and all the users preferences for the many tools (you know, so they are accessable any time after startup).

i use pshop all day at work and have never had an issue with it since the solid CS update.

sushiism
Grizzled Veteran
Jul 31, 2004, 07:15 PM

hmm never really bothered me its not like loading locks your whole system up while it happens like it does on windows sometimes. Also don't really close them much and this is on a g4 800. Try deactivating fonts/colourstuffs/filters/actions whatever which you dont use.

Forum Links
Forum Rules