Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Hello, My Name is:

Hello, My Name is:
bac2mac
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 7, 2006, 10:56 AM

hey all,
I just wanted to introduce myself officially. I grew with macs all through elementary school and loved them but in high school I had to convert to PCs for compatibility reasons. Now a few years into college I am ready go back to macs (hence the name).

Pervious Macs:
Macintosh Classic
Macintosh LC III
Duo Dock
Macintosh Performa 550
Power Mac 6500

I just bought a new Intel MacBook 2Ghz, 1GB RAM, 120GB HD that arrived yesterday, I haven't even had a chance to play with yet. I'd love to hear some feedback about these computers, as well as any tips, pointers, warnings or any must-have downloads. I am also interested in the Boot Camp beta to be able to run windows XP if needed. It's been a while since I have used macs so I am sure I’ll have plenty of questions.

slpdLoad
Mac Elite
Aug 7, 2006, 11:03 AM

Welcome! And congrats on the new MacBook. You ought to be able to find plenty of information about them here. Oh, and Quicksilver is the one app I'd suggest. It's painful for me to use a computer without it!

Gossamer
Professional Poster
Aug 7, 2006, 11:04 AM

Welcome back!
You can visit the MacBook part of these forums for all the help you need with your hardware, and the OS X and Applications sections will help you with your OS and any applications you might need. My suggestion for an app: VLC: If this can't play a movie, it can't be played on a Mac. Also check out Flip4Mac to play those pesky Windows Media videos.

the macimum
Dedicated MacNNer
Aug 7, 2006, 11:15 AM

Some decisions are bad, others are good.

Welcome and enjoy.

Forum Links
Forum Rules