Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Gaming > Screen Problem w/Star Wars:GB

Screen Problem w/Star Wars:GB
-Q-
Jun 12, 2002, 07:57 PM

Got SWGB today and everything works fine except that, during the game, my screen is off-center and cutoff slightly. Not so much that it makes the game uplayable, but I am missing some "real estate" when I'm wandering around the board.

Any suggestions?

Using a Beige G3 upgraded to a G4/450 with a Radeon: Mac Edition. The screen thing happens in OS X--I haven't tried it in 9 (and would prefer not to; haven't booted into classic in months).

<small>[ 06-12-2002, 07:58 PM: Message edited by: -Q- ]</small>

Worst. Episode. Ever.
Senior User
Jun 12, 2002, 10:08 PM

Sounds like the game is switching screen resolutions... Switching you to a rez that you haven't adjusted your monitor's control to properly display.

Big Mac
Clinically Insane
Jun 13, 2002, 03:48 PM

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Geneva, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="1" face="Geneva, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif">Originally posted by Worst. Episode. Ever.:
<strong>Sounds like the game is switching screen resolutions... Switching you to a rez that you haven't adjusted your monitor's control to properly display.</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="1" face="Geneva, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif">That's exactly what it sounds like. He should go into that resolution while in the Finder (or simply do it in the game itself) and adjust the resolution either through the monitor controls or System Preferences (most likely the first way, depending on the monitor in question).

<small>[ 06-13-2002, 03:50 PM: Message edited by: Big Mac ]</small>

"The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield and government to gain ground." TJ

Forum Links
Forum Rules