Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Terra Nova

Terra Nova (Page 3)
Thorzdad
Dec 7, 2011, 04:31 PM

Yeah, machines are way easier to animate convincingly. Dinos are "living" creatures, so our brains expect more natural or realistic motion. We know immediately when it doesn't feel right.

I didn't get into Falling Skies, either. Guess I'm just burned-out with the whole alien-invasion thing. I didn't get into V either, despite Morena Baccarin.

Thorzdad
Dec 7, 2011, 04:32 PM

Originally Posted by Eug View Post
BTW, apparently Eureka costs twice as much per episode as Sanctuary.
Which is the main reason it was cancelled, I imagine.
Speaking of Eureka, did anyone else see the Eureka, Warehouse 13, and Haven xmas shows last night?

Leonard
Professional Poster
Dec 12, 2011, 05:20 PM

Originally Posted by Thorzdad View Post
and Haven xmas shows last night?
Damn, I missed a Haven Christmas show. I wonder what the "trouble" was for that episode. Wait-a-minute. Maybe I saw that one, was it the one with trees that kill people. These tree roots start grabbing people.
Mac Pro Dual 3.0 Dual-Core
MacBook Pro

andi*pandi
Dec 12, 2011, 05:21 PM

That wasn't the Christmas one... I won't give it away, but people start acting like it's Christmas in July...

Leonard
Professional Poster
Dec 29, 2011, 01:48 AM

Originally Posted by andi*pandi View Post
That wasn't the Christmas one... I won't give it away, but people start acting like it's Christmas in July...
Yeah isaw the Christmas one now. Talk about snowglobes!
Mac Pro Dual 3.0 Dual-Core
MacBook Pro

hart
Senior User
Dec 30, 2011, 10:34 AM

Originally Posted by Thorzdad View Post
Sanctuary, at least in the first couple of seasons, was almost entirely done green screen. No physical sets. And it really shows. I think they might have some actual sets now, but it's still largely green screen. But, it's a SyFy Channel show, so the lo-budget is a given.

I agree about the CG in both shows. The dinos look especially bad in TN.
They used MORE green screen in previous seasons? (I just started watching in this season.) Yikes.

For all these shows I just settle in, suspend my disbelief and go with it, bad creature effects and all. I would so much rather be watching them than something about California teenagers being bitchy to each other or some low rent reality show that I will tolerate a lot.

That being said, Terra Nova seems to be such a mass of compromises and focus group panderings that it's a little hard to take seriously.

Forum Links
Forum Rules