Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Classic Macs and Mac OS > Note Pad in OS 9 GONE

Note Pad in OS 9 GONE
wlonh
Professional Poster
Oct 25, 1999, 03:04 PM

yup, Apple left out the Note Pad in 9... but you can glom an 8.6 Note Pad and put it in your OS 9 System Folder: Apple Menu Items folder, or so I have read: http://www.power-macintosh.com/

RoofusPennymore
Senior User
Oct 25, 1999, 03:14 PM

It's in the Apple Extra folder somewhere (Can't remember where).
---I'm on a low Microsoft diet.

wlonh  (op)
Professional Poster
Oct 25, 1999, 04:04 PM

false alarm... couldn't check it myself as I do not yet have 9... oops.

It is in the Apple Extras folder, RoofusPennymore, just as you say and has been pointed out to me by others.

a thousand pardons.

AAPl Shareholder
Forum Regular
Oct 25, 1999, 08:09 PM

I have been using MacOS for just about 8 years...and ya know what... I have never used note pad durring that time.

Stickies and simple text get the job doneuch better. Actually... it mia good idea for Apple to chuck simple text in the Apple menu in place of crusty old note pad.
"Wait, these aren't my lamps. These lamps have feet. This must not be my apartment. I'd better get a new apartment."
-SpaceGhost

NeonBoy
Oct 25, 1999, 09:08 PM

I can't believe you guys still using Apple Notepad. There is a better program to used then that. I recommand using NotePad Deluxe, a very cool Shareware program. I know you will like it.

Go to Yahoo, keyword Notepad Deluxe.

wlonh  (op)
Professional Poster
Oct 25, 1999, 11:08 PM

alright you young punks and whippersnappers!

IF I LIKE Note Pad because it has always been there and it is free, WHAT'S IT TO YA????

HUH?

`8-)

put 'em up! put'em up!!

and NEONKID, ever HEAR of VERSIONTRACKER?? here is the link for NotePad Deluxe that I got AT VERSIONTRACKER: http://www.ibrium.se/npdmain.html

thanks to www.versiontracker.com

`8-)

[This message has been edited by wlonh (edited 10-25-1999).]

RoofusPennymore
Senior User
Oct 25, 1999, 11:16 PM

I agree that Stickies is more usefull than Note Pad.
---I'm on a low Microsoft diet.

Misha
Professional Poster
Nov 4, 1999, 05:49 PM

Ok, I just have to sound off on this one... Note Pad rocks. It's the quickest way to easily take down short bits of information. Text clippings quickly overcrowd the desktop and Stickies are, well, stickies... I don't want to see them all the time nor do I want a bunch of notes.

Of course, the biggest problem with Note Pad is that when deleting an old System Folder (after a clean install) I seem to forget to copy the Note Pad file... this has happened twice and I can't even explain how much important information was lost... dates, phone numbers... it just happened to me with OS 9, dammit!

Forum Links
Forum Rules